Help help..............bring back car to msia

Amirul_TGZ

Known Member
Jul 14, 2006
www.teamgroundzero.net
Anyone can help me with info, website to visit, who should i contact, how much it will cost etc.................

i want to take my car back to msia...................is this even possible???

anyone have any exprience bringing car bask to msia from overseas, please help me out!

from Australia..............

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
I did this b4....... This is what you need:

1)Own the car for 9 months above, plus the road tax resit for prove. This is very important..
2)Make sure you have 9 month car insurance.
3)If you're student, you need your degree certificate or university enrolment letter.
4)Bring wat ever document that you have regarding the car, it will speed up the process of AP approval. You must be at Malaysia for the application....
5)Import and excise tax will depend on the car age and how long you own it, be sure you know what is the tax charges b4 you import. You may appeal to Custom at Putrajaya for lower tax, but if you dunno anyone there your car could stranded for long time.
6)Get yourself a local transporter that have connection with Aus company to help you.

Cheers

stan_76

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
Amirul_TGZ said:
Thanx a lot Lennon...................for ur info im not student..........will that make a lot of difference???

Roughly/average how much does the tax cost??? for 2002 car???

If your not student then you can go for working visa's AP. other than these two you'll not able to apply personal vehicle AP.

do a search on www.miti.gov.my and you'll find the correct procedure for bringing car back.

the tax/duty is depending on the car age. don't worry how much you've paid as prove of purchases, custom will have their own docket price and again, will depend on the car's age.

my example, 1997 nissan, i imported in 2006. calculation as below:

1997 25%

2002 50%(cant' remember the exact percentage but you'll get the point)

2003 10%

2004 10%

2005 10%

2006 10%

the docket value of tax/duty for my car when new was RM80,000.00
so, RM80,000 - 25% = A

A - 50% = B

B - 10% = C

C - 10% = D

D - 10% = E

E - 10% = F

so, effectively the older your car is the more discount you'll entitled to

F is the price you have to pay to custom before any local agent could help you to clear from port.

If you are not happy with the price quoted, you can always appeal through Custom Di Raja Malaysia in Putrajaya. (again, your agent could help you to prepare the letter). have to be there personally to convince them you are genuine personal vehicle import.

agent fee was RM1,800.00 including port daily parking charges(RM5 per day)

i'm sorry i can't tell how much tax you have to pay. it's all down to custom docket price. and this can only be done in custom Westport office in port klang AFTER AP approval.

It cost me in total a month before i can get my car out from port, but my case involved other issues. normally two weeks if things happened smoothly.

stan

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
sorry to say this....... i thought this bringing back of car back to Msia by student was ban long time ago ?

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
funkydog said:
sorry to say this....... i thought this bringing back of car back to Msia by student was ban long time ago ?
Since when??

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
dun know....... juz remember that my dad said that to me long time ago..........
vague memories.......

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
Lennon, did you get my mail?

Anyways, I got this from miti's website, jst wondering is this all there is to it? Seems a little crude

Can a Malaysian working or studying abroad bring back vehicle/car to Malaysia. What are the conditions?

Effective 18 September 2000, several criteria have to be met by any Malaysian studying or working abroad in applying for an import licence (AP) to bring back his vehicle. The criteria are:

Applicant must be legally staying abroad for a minimum of one year.

The vehicle must be registered and insured under the applicant’s name for at least nine months.

Applicant has a valid driving licence (temporary/probationary licence not accepted).

Applicant returns to Malaysia permanently after completing his study or working stint overseas.

Individuals not conforming to the above criteria are advised not to bring back their vehicles. Otherwise, MITI will not be responsible to approve the import licence, even though the vehicle has arrived in Malaysia. Most probably, The Royal Customs and Excise Department of Malaysia will take legal action against the owner of the vehicle who imported it without AP.

This regulation applies to:

Government officers who further their studies overseas.

Malaysian students overseas.

Malaysian citizens who work and stay overseas.

Husband, wife and children of staff serving the Malaysian Embassies/High Commissions and representatives.

The applicant has to apply by completing Form J.K. 69. This form can be purchased from Percetakan Nasional Malaysia Berhad, Kuala Lumpur or any of its branches. Completed applications, together with relevant supporting documents, must be submitted to the Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Kuala Lumpur.
btw, how much % would I pay to import in a 2007 car? Assuimng I ship it during august 2008.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can anyone suggest me the place to service adjustable around Puchong? I have seen some recommendations for RS-ONE, Selayang or HWL, but feel lazy to travel so far, any nearer suggestion?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience