help ! give me opinion about waja

astonwira

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
me selling wira now
want to upgrade to secondhand 2003 waja auto 1.5.
so how u all say ?
waja good or not ?
anyone drive it before or driving now ?
need u all give some opinion

sparco89

Known Member
Sep 28, 2004
waja is 1.6cc onli...
if you drive for highways than is good.. save fuel... but if you just drive for city use... you maybe will cry... cos waja is petrol eater.... this is wat i think.. cos my waja i pump petrol until i wanna cry.. :unsure:

davidlim

Dec 8, 2004
hi,just telling wat i know and the truth..
my fren driving waja 1.6 manual,he said the car ok la,quite stable,the brake very good.
wat i wan to tell u is,waja is quite fast!
in normal flat grounded highway top speed can go up to 190km/h
if got a bit narrow down road can up to 210km/h
some i heard ppl said fully original waja 1.6 manual can go up to 230km/h(this im not sure,coz just heard)
but the 210km/h is sure,coz im in the car that time.
;)

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
big tank for a mid sized sedan.. 65 litres.. but really good on highways.. body is strong and solid compared to other proton cars.. used to own a 1.6A but power like paiseh.. get the manual better

sparco89

Known Member
Sep 28, 2004
i driving waja 1.6 manual, can even win a subaru imprezza 1.6 very easy...cos i everytime test run with my SG friend.. he drive a subaru imprezza TS
highway can run till 190km.... if you push it hard can till 220km/h or 230km/h

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
i don't own a waja, my fren does... and once in a while i sit in his waja... thins is what i have to say...

if it's auto, like what others said, the power sucks BIG time...
if you don't mind plastics but not as bad as GEN2...
some problems with the headlights... always kong...
the seats!!! damn the seats!!! can't support the back bone and the co-driver's side have limited leg space...

well, apart from the above problems that i knew, i think waja is a good family car... solid body and good suspension... big storage space in the back boot... spacious interior... also the steering! really love that volume and channel changer there... it's still better than wira/satria/tiara/kancil/kelisa/kenari... try to get the manual if you if you don't mind pressing clutch all the time in KL...

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
buying waja or gen 2 is you are trying how lucky u are?
i own it before but now is not.don't dare to have a proton any more.save my hassle

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by sparco89@Jan 30 2005, 23:35
i driving waja 1.6 manual, can even win a subaru imprezza 1.6 very easy...cos i everytime test run with my SG friend.. he drive a subaru imprezza TS
yau mou lan ar :huh:

CK82

Known Member
Jan 7, 2005
Originally posted by speedking+Jan 31 2005, 10:23 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (speedking @ Jan 31 2005, 10:23 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sparco89@Jan 30 2005, 23:35
yau mou lan ar :huh: [/b][/quote]
kam lan sai nei.... :lol:

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
:) I've driven a Manual and an Auto before.

Honestly, highway driving is quite fun with the waja, it feels very much more firmer on the road (compared to stock wira) and its reassuring. Power on BOTH are nuthing to scream abt but definately the manual beats the auto by some margin. Fuel consunption on the highway is fantastic....town driving sucks though.

One thing I really dont like abt the car though is the interior, there is no comfort in the seats, the dash and panels look too "plasticky".

:unsure:

cmos

Known Member
Oct 29, 2004
Timbuktu
Visit site
My 2 cents:

i) If you don't complain bout the interior quality plastics, it's a nice and fun car to drive.
ii) Exterior nothin to complain about... quite solid.
iii) I agree with the rest... city drivin can really kill... my 1.6(A) drinks fuel like water when in stop-n-go traffic.
iv) Maintainence is a little on the high side. My wallet already kena 9-9 coz this rosak... tat rosak... quite frequent.
v) Other than that... I prefer it anytime compared to the Gen2.

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
hi i don't own a waja but i think the power difference between the auto and manual version is HUGE! overall quite comfortable but handling is totally out in my opinion. the tail acts really funny when taking corners at higher speeds (even though considering the fact my fren's waja already upgrade to aftermarket suspension + brakes)... but the car's pick-up not bad la, quite a lot of very low end torque... main issue for me would b the handling la, pretty bad. BUT HEY at least u can fit a massiv evo engine inside ;) hehe!

wajaMod

Nov 17, 2003
I own a Waja 1.6 (M), recently hit 2 years.

My Comments.

1. Good fuel consumption
2. Ugly interior
3. Comfortable and stable ride.
4. My power window died already. (After my warranty died)
5. Water leaking from the radiator. (After my warranty died)
6. Not that hard. Hit an Iswara the other day, damage to my hood, but no damage to the Iswara... Phew...

Have tried the Waja auto. No pickup and under powered, but overall a decent car, depends on what u looking for.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can we really install a RB25 or any other same type engine into an Audi A4 year below 2000 in the hood???? i had been thinking to make this project happen...
it is possible????
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience