help for a32

ming_fei

Nov 24, 2007
Can any one enlighten me on the following:-
i) what is the sign and symptom if the ignition coil ROSAK???
ii) How to test it??
Thanks

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I just change my ignition coil 2 days ago. $165/pc. for front & & $170/pc for back, I change 1pc front & 1 pc back. U can feel the engine jerking & under power as ChengMouKei said, also can feel when stop with D gear, try to let go the break slowly, the car jerkkkkkkkkkkk.

ming_fei

Nov 24, 2007
Oh.....I see. I had experience this same jerkkkkkking lately, but after a while (travel while jerkkkkkkkking for another 4-5km) it back to normal. SOme time, I turn on the power mode and the jerkkkkkkking go off much earlier (another 2-3km).

Yu911, how u know which one of the ignition coil already "kong" liaw???? How to check???:confused::nurse:

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
ah ha, senang saja, but only can test when ur engine is jerking, look for the ignition coil wire clip, at each ignition coil, pull out the clip, the engine will jerk more, this show the ignition coil is ok, clip back the cliper & pull other clip out & back till the one is the same (like nothing happen), this show the ignition coil is not working, so this is the one rosak loh, hope this help.

ming_fei

Nov 24, 2007
Oh, like that ah....then will have to wait for next jerkkkkkkkking loh.
Thanks Yu911:driver:

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Yaloh, have to wait till jerkkkkk loh. the 1st. day I got my car & at night my car start to jerk, after 1 or 2 days it come again but only for about 1-2km than ok liau, than almost every day but each time I wanted to check, the engine ok! Can't wait so just buy 1pc back ignition coil & replace at no.1, looks like no more liau but after 2 days come again, so change to no. 2nd. & try, better oh only after 3 days come again but this time every day also got jerk, & most of the time. This time senang to check b'coz most of the time also jerk, than is the front ignition coil, so go to spare part shop buy the foont & now ok liau.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Hey guys , dont mean to sound disappointing , but this stupid' jerk'happened to my car b4. i change the whole six coils (new ori hanshin i think). still the same jerkkkkk! Damn. I taught i was alone b4 i join this ceffie site. Wow! i realised its so common this 'jerk' thing happens to our VQ engines.. Is it a man defect or is it just coincidence??

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
My first replacement were the spark plugs and its not cheap!! 1plug rm45-00 X 6 = rm270-00! Nope thats not d problem.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
how is the jerk feel? no enough fuel? lost power? hungry? thirsty? ecu? atf filter(got filter?)? g/box? sensor?
jerking @ idle, loss of power ( feels like 4-5 cylinders working only)smell of fuel when ignition off. g/box , ok.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Detailing Guru's,

Currently facing the issue of Soft Paint. Its a Honda Accord 2004 in Black and the main problem is that after I've refined the finish with M205 on an Optimum Finishing Pad, the finish is great. The problem occurs when I'm trying to remove residue polish. No matter how soft I am, the cloth will 100% leave some scratches.

The clothes are clean and in fact I've even opened a new one fresh from the pack and still the same issue. Any ideas how I can resolve this? Would...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience