HELP! Car overheating..

VMK77

Jun 12, 2007
Hi everybody,

Need help.. my car is overheating it's a wira 1.5 carburated engine. Did an overhaul (Full) after white smoke started coming out. Just did it about a week ago. My mechanic says it's the motor oil type I should change from 10sae to a 20 sae or something like that. Everything is fine for about 20 to 30 mins but after that the temperature rises gradually to almost the red line. I've tried flushing the radiator, changing the termostat, changing the hoses, changing the fan but nothing seems to work. All this done in the past week. Change engine?

Anybody can help me? :retarded:

Elitehunter

Known Member
Dec 6, 2006
radiator leaking? try checking it wit coloured radiator coolant. maybe a leakage sumwhere

VMK77

Jun 12, 2007
I check the water pump already.. Damn OEM parts.. cost so much.. and already bocor after one week!!!! Any suggestions? I mean ca use any other brand ke?
Thanks to all.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
I check the water pump already.. Damn OEM parts.. cost so much.. and already bocor after one week!!!! Any suggestions? I mean ca use any other brand ke?
Thanks to all.
usually the most popular water pump replacement is GMB.cheap n reliable.try n ask the autoshop
for it.

Last edited:

VMK77

Jun 12, 2007
mayb while replace the new water pump, they no remove the gum at the block there nicely
Yes Taikor... you were right! I just resealed the water pump with silicone.. car run like new oledi woh..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
I overhaul in Likas.. Going to get a halfcut.. Please PM me for best price lah taikor.. also interested in your grounding cables man..
Lolz.....i asked u to find me ma...since i stil at kk....hard to pm price for halfcut as im not from chopshop...and i dunno wat u wan.

price is different la bro...u wan engine only, or with halfcut,...etc etc.

if u wanna go for halfcut, i wonder y u wan to overhaul...it just waste of money.

if u r really kind in transplant, u can go survey in any chopshop in kk.

once u confirmed wit the halfcut, u can let me know. we will get for u.

VMK77

Jun 12, 2007
Aiya.. only one car mah I have.. have to do it lor.. cannot take bus to work.. 12 years oledi no use bus.. I want mivec half cut.. how long you do conversion?