Hello From Silent Surfer

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi everyone,

I've been surfing this forum on and off for past 2 years silently and now decided to create an account!

My name is Sze from Puchong and driving Ford Fiesta hatchback since July:proud:. Nice all-rounder car indeed!

I'm also a fan of WRC and Rallycross since 2006.

Nice to meet ya all! :wavey:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
welcome..

how the fuel consumption on ur fiesta?

:biggrin:

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
welcome..

how the fuel consumption on ur fiesta?

:biggrin:
7.8l/100km, mileage is about 7900km, 70% city 30% highway. Not too bad for me as I commute/crawl in and out Puchong daily, plus I occasionally like to wot on highway... can't stand when driving the car too slow, might feel sleepy :biggrin: Hopefully the fc drops when I send the car for it's first service at 10k.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
7.8l/100km, mileage is about 7900km, 70% city 30% highway. Not too bad for me as I commute/crawl in and out Puchong daily, plus I occasionally like to wot on highway... can't stand when driving the car too slow, might feel sleepy :biggrin: Hopefully the fc drops when I send the car for it's first service at 10k.
nice..

urs is 5speed manual right?

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Welcome....
Wah! DSG 6 speed........:adore:
ehhh my car is not DSG hahaha Ford called it Powershift and in terms of overall speed in shifting gears, VW's DSG is still faster than Ford's Powershift. :laugh: My car's DCT is slightly lean towards fuel economy and sometimes hesitate to downshift. :laugh:

PS, if not mistaken, u're also on Autoworld forum right?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ehhh my car is not DSG hahaha Ford called it Powershift and in terms of overall speed in shifting gears, VW's DSG is still faster than Ford's Powershift. :laugh: My car's DCT is slightly lean towards fuel economy and sometimes hesitate to downshift. :laugh:

PS, if not mistaken, u're also on Autoworld forum right?
Oh! Dual clutch not DSG.....:hmmmm: Ford own system......
Anyway, I drive manual most of the time......:biggrin:

Yup, in AW forum also and here in ZTH also.....:driver:

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Oh! Dual clutch not DSG.....:hmmmm: Ford own system......
Anyway, I drive manual most of the time......:biggrin:

Yup, in AW forum also and here in ZTH also.....:driver:
I would love to drive the Focus ST, Goodness of 250PS, 340Nm and 6-speed manual!

My understanding is :hmmmm2:
Dual-clutch Transmission or DCT is the name of the technology. BorgWarner and Getrag are major manufacturers.

BorgWarner help VW group to design their own DCT and name it Direct-Shift Gearbox or DSG. BorgWarner oso build DCT for Porsche, Nissan GTR, Renault... can't remember all.

Getrag partnered with Ford to build their own DCT and name it Powershift for Ford and Volvo cars. BMW M series and Evo X also use Getrag-developed DCTs.

That's all i can remember :biggrin: and i apologize first if the info is inaccurate or outdated...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I would love to drive the Focus ST, Goodness of 250PS, 340Nm and 6-speed manual!

My understanding is :hmmmm2:
Dual-clutch Transmission or DCT is the name of the technology. BorgWarner and Getrag are major manufacturers.

BorgWarner help VW group to design their own DCT and name it Direct-Shift Gearbox or DSG. BorgWarner oso build DCT for Porsche, Nissan GTR, Renault... can't remember all.

Getrag partnered with Ford to build their own DCT and name it Powershift for Ford and Volvo cars. BMW M series and Evo X also use Getrag-developed DCTs.

That's all i can remember :biggrin: and i apologize first if the info is inaccurate or outdated...
Thanks, Read a little on it already....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lnTAQa65g

I found this video on YouTube yesterday. I was quite confused with this setup. What kind of benefit can the owner gain from this setup and how did the mechanic managed to reverse the position of the intake and exhaust? The valve cover is still positioned like normal though.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience