Handbrake light always light up

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

muskasim

Known Member
Jun 8, 2004
Pee Neng
klsim.tripod.com
My car handbrake light always on and after drive awhile it gone itself. Beside warning light for the handbrake, what else??

My car was a Wira converted to 4G93T wif mitsubishi meter panel.

Last edited:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
its also a sign for low brake fluid level. just top up if fluid level is low. check for leaks by feeling the brake pipes/hoses. if sport rims wet on the inside, also sign for brake system leaking.
when brake fluid is low, its a sign that brake pads are worn out or so thin.

if after top up, light still on try clean the sensor inside the reservoir tank. good luck!

btw, this is the best time to get the whole system bled, or upgrade to better brake fluid. eg from DOT3 to DOT4.

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
i have this problem last time, the handbrake light on even i nvr pull up the handbrake...and then after some driving it will go off. and after few weeks continuous like that, my rear drum brake jam while i am driving. so i think mayb is some problem with the rear brake...mayb it can release after u press the brake...so it give the handbrake on signal. so better check it.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
if the warning light pop up suddenly..most probably is ur brake fluid not enuf...check it.....

should be no big deal....or the brake fluid socket at brake pump there 'tercabut'.....

Cheong Mou Kei 4G9XT

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Ampang
www.geocities.com
brader....check for da resevor cap....maybe da cap rubber seal inside pop out....push in da rubber n close da cap.

if kenot....look inside da resevor....got a white color hook like thing....try shake it a lil...maybe da brakefluid sensor sangkut a bit

miveccom

Known Member
Oct 13, 2004
InMyCar
Visit site
Cheong Mou Kei 4G9XT said:
brader....check for da resevor cap....maybe da cap rubber seal inside pop out....push in da rubber n close da cap.

if kenot....look inside da resevor....got a white color hook like thing....try shake it a lil...maybe da brakefluid sensor sangkut a bit
yeahh..it's the rubber (black) of the cap pop out...

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
last time i ran too low on brake fluid...sometimes when press brake the car feels like it wont stop...still going straight...checked and found out that the rear drumb pump is jammed and leaking fluid....scary shit...

The Marketplace Latest

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd (ETCM) is bringing in the Nissan Leaf into Malaysia and is very much eager to present it to the public. This serves as their formal invitation to all in order to help the general public experience the world’s first mass-produced, all-electric and zero-emission Nissan Leaf at ETCM's showroom at Jalan Kemajuan, Petaling Jaya, Selangor. When might you ask...

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience