• Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
cmng said:
Woot
RB20DET for 300whp ?
Woot
i love to see a stock RB20DET with Stock turbo push 300whp
but quoting RWKW err more like you from or based from aussie
how much 300 RWKW in RWHP ?

err Nissan Give a big fart on RB20DET i think err since R33 rite ?
i think R34 and R33 all toward to RB25DET not RB20DET rite ?
i am not sure

SR was still under production till err 01 ? no sure
i think RB also same
now both RB and SR, nissan give a big fart on it
so it more like pure bollock engine
else why not they continue it like 4G63 ? err what is subaru engine code aa ?
i heard also the new GTR no more RB.. why aa ?

emm or nissan realise it pure bollock engine and decide to stop it and make VQ ?
i think that time when the what gwai low CEO join and restructure it rite since it nearly went to bankcrupcy
not sure..
care to help ?

i lazy to dig google..

it is IMPOSSIBLE for a RB20det with stock turbo to go 300whp, the stock turbos won't stand high boosting, and even WITH high boost, the engine won't achieve near to 250whp, and EVEN with high boost and u DID achieve 250whp, your turbine fins will pecah before u can even take a look at how many horse power you gain.......haha:confused_smile:

well, nissan stopped producing the RBs 'cause it is the past already, V6 and V8 are the future, manufacturers MUST change their technology to better ones, 'cause if they don't, they'll sure go bankrupt........

Mind over matter.
Trying to dose a fire b4 it becomes an apocalypse kenna backfired.
Enam throttle Rb20 ah we're talking about?

Anyway i thought 1 of the benefits of having more cylinders is because u've a bigger valve area. Just my 2cents.

Mind over matter.
Trying to dose a fire b4 it becomes an apocalypse kenna backfired.
Enam throttle Rb20 ah we're talking about?

Anyway i thought 1 of the benefits of having more cylinders is because u've a bigger valve area. Just my 2cents.

lol I think you misunderstood me. Those mods are what you would do to achieve the extra 10 HP needed to get from 290 to 300, not to go from stock to 300. Actually I wouldn't even consider port and polish a "mod", just as I wouldn't call reconditioning cylinder walls on a block a mod, but that's another story.

Somehow I don't think you understand how piggybacks work.

Upgrading an AFM is good for 2 things.

1) A larger AFM will allow a larger inlet size, hence increasing the volume and flow of air that the intake will be capable of.

2) An AFM that gives a higher resolution output reading, providing more accurate A/F ratio readings to the ECU increasing tuning flexibility.

It doesn't provide a physical bottleneck where the AFM says "oh noes, we're making 3xxHP so we better go into limp home mode," but what may do is place a limitation on your ability to achieve a better tune to the point where it's maxed out the efficiency of the tune. Back to my earlier post, pick *any* few of those mods and they should gain you that extra 10HP to reach the 300 mark easily.

Now the AFM of choice for an upgrade to most Nissan engines would be the Z32s or Q45s. These AFMs provide different output readings compared to what the RB20 ECU is used to, so this is where the role of the aftermarket ECU or piggyback comes in. What a piggyback does is it alters the readings provided by the AFM to fool the ECU to reach the desired tuning. Stock Nissan tuning AFAIK always run slightly rich at high RPMs to avoid detonation, so say if you tune a SAFC to run slightly leaner through the same range it would alter the AFM reading by telling the ECU that there's slightly less air than what's actually there, tricking the ECU into running lean... in a nutshell that's basically how it works. I have an AFC, not the apexi one but some pariah brand, good for a small power increase but hardly close to an aftermarket ECU. There are better piggybacks out there than just the SAFC, but none of them will compare to a standalone ECU. There is a sh*t load that you can't do with a piggyback, especially when you throw aftermarket cams into the equation.

As per my previous post, I did say that Nissan does slightly overengineer their motors. It's not about what your injectors can handle lol.

It is always during a critical moment that an engine will f*ck up. The motor is redlining it's nuts off at 8k RPM, the turbo is making peak boost, the pistons, rods, crankshaft and valvetrain are fully stressed out.

Then something happens.

The EBC lets out a boost surge (which unfortunately happens more frequently than we'd like). Boost spikes from 20 to 25psi for just a millisecond. A/F ratios are suddenly unbalanced, going overly lean. The ECU (and piggyback) struggles to maintain balance by attempting to enrich the mixture. The injectors attempt to squirt more fuel...

Uh oh. The injectors are maxed.

*Ping ping ping ping ping BANG* roflmao congratulations you just blew your gasket into pieces. :_:

But... wtf? It was running fine at max boost with ~360hp during the dyno run! Suprise suprise, conditions on a dyno are hardly the same as proper road conditions. If as according to you GT-R injectors are only capable with 400hp reliably (with some spare overhead), how do you figure that 300cc injectors are sufficient for 360hp at the fly?

Seriously dude, I think you need to ask your mechanic how it all works together before you start commenting that oh noes you need AFM blah blah while making up placebo reasons as to why you need one. The AFM is hardly a bottleneck at 290hp, although you'd are partially right in the sense that it would let you get there easier.

skyther said:
rofl ok lah, i'll be nice. Actually I'm a noob wif cars but some of your points are pure BS.

*summons the power of Google*

-zip-

It's common knowledge that 6 cylinders are smoother + make more torque than 4 bangers, go ask Proton why they launched a Perdana V6 with the same displacement as the old one. :angel_smile:

-zip-

I suggest we find out from Perdana modders which is faster, Perdana V6 with 4G63 VR4 swap or with the 2L V6 Eterna TT.

Take an extreme modded Perdana 4G63 vs an extreme modded Perdana Eterna TT and find out which is quicker.

Repeat for mild/stock examples of both and compare again too.

V6 is smoother than inline4 yes. More torque for same displacement I won't be so certain.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom