greetings to all hyun owner

Sevenfold

Jun 20, 2006
hi all...actually i've been following this forum since last year (using hs gprs)...but i didnt sign up & post up bcos kinda lagging and slow posting via hs,and my house didnt hav connection,so i stay in the "other side" and reading ur all posting via hs.hehe

my "affordable" dream car was the hyundai coupe tuskani followed by tiburon 1st gen...and the tuskani ive to forget abt it bcos still cant afford yet...and now was waiting for my loan to approve by this week for the tiburon 1st gen 1.8 auto 1997 ...wish me luck for the loan and i'll be joining all of u hyun owner....heheheheheh

the car was all standard except sportrim and new radiator...dark blue colour ...mileage is 120k for 9 years car and i'm the third owner ( 1st owner doctor,2nd chinese guy..) and no funny noise when test drive but got little noticeable rattling sound from the engine (probably valve tappet ot whatsoever...).....and do i need to overhaul the engine since 9 years oledi?

and i wanna know maintainance/fc/interchangeable part/etc etc etc about coupe 1st gen...and how to know the tibby is import cbu or ckd version?thanks in advance......

respect to all hyun owners in this forumm that being so enthusiast to make this forumm aliveeee.....haha (hyun thread kinda slow isit? compare to other makes thread that so happening).....thanks to blacksamurai especially,ektony,drill,scoupe,tuskani9889,abv9750,cow,dartango.......and ...forget liao the others SORRY for not including ur name....really forget liao...haha

btw this is my first post.....and feel free to reply and if i didnt reply ur post means i reading ur post via hs gprs......tqvm......

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Welcome Sevenfold! Glad to know that another Coupe owner join in ZTH!

For the mileage of the Coupe you mentioned, it's relatively low compare to my Coupe when I bought it last 2 years (146000km) and I don't think that an engine overhaul is necessary unless the previous owners really abuse the car.
Check out the air-cond system of the Coupe as 1st gen Coupe have the tendency of giving air-cond problems. It's an expensive and frustrating problem.

Good luck with your loan.:_:

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
congrats bro!!! ermm i dont really know bout coupe...anyway..u r from negri izzit?which part eh?

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
welcome to the club bro. don't worry about a thing. There is so many sifu here to help you out.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Servenfold, respect you to surf zth with HP GPRS. :biggrin:
Welcome bro, hope that you can join.
Everyone need to contribute here to make this corner a better place for all hyundai owner.

Engine overhaul is needed if the engine is in bad shape. If the previous owner keep it nice, do regular engine oil/filter service, with 120K mileage, the engine shall be in good shape.

Keep some cash with you to do touch up, or part replacement (timing belt, aircon belt).

interchangable part, i believe others like wengfhai may able to help out.

ektony

Known Member
Apr 23, 2006
Welcome, Sevenfold. Safe choice, the Tiburon. Should last for ages. I like the ageless design - very muscular akin to having an overdose of steroids.

When you get your car and if you also enjoy long drives , you are most welcome to join me.

Sevenfold

Jun 20, 2006
thanks all for d support...

Drill : im from port dickson...anyone know custom bodykit shop in seremban ?

ektony : sorry to hear bout ur journey to pd...haha sure o not myvi can overtake u...when u parking can laaa...hehe

another thing....anyone has personel experience or hear bout da service at d autochild at glenmarie? i heard their service is quite good....

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
autochild is good, professional,the mat salleh boss is nice and pro, but the service is expensive, prepare RM2,000 in your pocket for full service. :biggrin:

ektony

Known Member
Apr 23, 2006
Have used Autochild's services before. Service is good but not cheap. Must also be prepared to wait. Have replaced all fluids before. Flushing. Auto transmission fluid, radiator coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid and engine oil . Car purrs very well after that . But the money can buy a 29" color TV plus DVD player (not from Tesco )

Wish money is easy to come by so can send our cars to Autochild. Very painful to see new fluids being wasted by the flushing/replacement procedure.

Try using Shell Flushing oil to flush the engine . Used it and quite happy with the result. But I will only flush not frequent than once a year.

To save money, now I go to a mechanic who is attentive to instructions, takes pride in his work and don't have to wait long for your turn . Also allows you to bring in your parts and oils.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
btw, AutoChild Website with the services they offer.
http://www.autochild.com/services.html

Our ZTH taikor Tom send his E30 for service, reviewed by Tom
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=81308

AutoChild Feature in MotorTrader
http://www.motortrader.com.my/NUS/articles/0/article_376/page_m.asp

PS: Aarrrg, guys, we get the topic mixup again, from greeting drift to AutoChild. We need to be more systematic inside this section, else it will be headache for other member to read.
Autochild shall be a new thread under Hyundai. my bad. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sevenfold

Jun 20, 2006
oppsss soryy bout the topic mixup....my bad also....sory again...

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
owh pd...used to go there every weekend, but now no more..... ermm i dunno bout custom bodykit shop in seremban, but i do like to window shopping at a performance shop there....

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
welcome sevenfold...m oso a newbie here...mine was 93,000km when bought 2nd hand at 4 1/2 years old. Dun forget to polish your leather car seats and dashboard...will look like brand new....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where can i get the workshop can tuning engine 4G91 because RPM kurang stabil. my pomen said grounding cable not enough. im confius because this engin not yet tuning after convert 6 bulan lepas. kat proton edar service boleh ke....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience