GOt Some PRoBlEms

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
try to borrow another elect. crossover and try it, then u know if the problem is from your crossover or not. if confirm crossover faulty, then have to replace it la, or try repair if anything loose inside...

Zenn, do connect the grounding of the amp(which is at the back of my car boot) to the HU grounding help to minimise the aeroplane sound?

smartgen2 said:
Zenn, do connect the grounding of the amp(which is at the back of my car boot) to the HU grounding help to minimise the aeroplane sound?

U mean amp grd cable connect HU grd cable.. if sort circuit happen Ur HU also hangus woorr..

what type X/o U have.. I'm using 48.13 x/o.. what I do use 2set 10awg grd cable around 1ft long & shoulder to chasis.. not connect to others equipment. what U do right now, I never practice before even remote cable all Equip connect to 1 source HU.. Based on logic laa I dont think connect grd XO to grd Amp is good idea.. let say Ur amp pwr cable 4awg & grd cable also 4awg.. XO grd cable 12awg.. 4awg vs 12awg.. which 1 more current flow..

lastly never seen ppl connect grd cable to each Equipment like HU-AMP/Xo-Amp.. but remote cable Yes.. alot installer practice it.. coz they use same cable size..

lbk probly not due to grounding la, due to faulty grounding INSIDE the xover, try exchange with a fren, u try his, and he try yours, see the problem continue/dissapear or not....

smartgen2 amp grounding kenot use HU la, power difference is soooooooo much...for amp u need its own ground, near the amp, on the chassis of the car (no paint surface)

Thanks Zenn, my current set up is just like what you said. I can hear lil bit of aero sometimes. y is that so? Maybe the culprit is from the normal RCA cable that i used.

i fix my friend's problem with another RCA cable to the gounding...

my friend use one 2 channel only and then the other 4ch i use my last time cheap RCA cable, cut it hafl then connect them from the RCA input to the grounding... then problem all clear...

hope this helps...

cheersss...

Question: How to ground the RCA cable???

smartgen2 said:
Question: How to ground the RCA cable???

Are you DIY your RCA?? If you are then you have 2 cables (doesnt matter what are the colour), you have the rca connector, one will be souldered to the end of the connector (+ve) and the other one will be soldered to the body of the connector (-ve). Make sure there are not touching each other, and also there arent any exposed or loosed cables as it will create lots of noise and problems.

My is normal double shielded RCA cable only... so only DIY cable can be grounded?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom