GOOD Mechanics : FORD LYNX TX3 1.8 (M)

zauqi

Aug 17, 2006
www.zauqi.com
Dear readers,

I am looking for some great mechanics whom really know the in's and out's of the FORD LYNX (round lights model). I am about to buy a secondhand one in the next couple of weeks (1996) for RM13k. sold my old 'sampan' for peanuts.... haha

I tested the car and believe (my limited knowledge) the clutch-plate is due for change. anyway really appreciate some assistance. many thanks

I LOVE FORD

zauqi

Aug 17, 2006
www.zauqi.com
I am staying in putrajaya.... work in Damansara.

Anyway, hope to receive the car in a few weeks time... thanks

amTonjet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009
well im staying at bangi....but working at shah alam...

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
my sedara can help u i think...and i think he is in this forum by the name lan dugong or something. try to pm him.

Bump: my sedara can help u i think...and i think he is in this forum by the name lan dugong or something. try to pm him.

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
pm him your self

search for Lan Dugong.. many ford/ mazda owners sent their cars to him for repairs... really trustworthy person...

zauqi

Aug 17, 2006
www.zauqi.com
sorry chaps.... for the long absence...

atlas I got the car.... tested the machine... all seems well, however the engine timing/rev is really high.... on start, the rev meter kicks at 2,000rpm and is constant all the way.... it is simply irritating as hell.... I am so afraid if it has to do with the ECU. Anyway, I will listen to VF10's suggestion and look for Lan Dugong... on this.

Would appreciate if anyone can diagnose/troubleshoot the "HIGH" rpm problem.

Is it TRUE, that most of the engine part share the same as the Mazda Lantis???

Many thanks

Last edited:

zauqi

Aug 17, 2006
www.zauqi.com
Readers,

GREAT news.... had nothing to do with the engine, ECU, etc. It turns out that the exhaust system (catalytic convertor) and some tabungs' (about 60%) were the cause of the the high timing...

Changed everything and now the car is perfecto-mundo... thanks everyone.

will post some pics on my "handle" in due time....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

As I travel outstation a lot, so I'm usually out on the highways and stone chips are pretty unavoidable when we travel on highways especially at the speed we are going.

My few months old car has already obtained quite a number of stone chips on the engine hood and some on the bumper (car is black so pretty obvious white stone chip marks can be seen during day time). I was wondering if there's any product or method that can "magically" repair the paint or is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience