Workshop mechanics & their cars?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
I hear ppl said that their mechanic is so good modifying, tuning their car etc. What I'm interested is your perception whether thse mechanics are really motorhead themself or the just a guys who cari makan only....and drives a standard Datsun 130Y.....:_:

Foremen are surely motorheads and enthusiasts like us...if they werent..they wont even be tuning cars.makes perfect sense

ken yeang dude...those mechanics choose to b a mechanic bcoz they r motorheads...don tu feel tat there's a lot more better works to cari makan? and every1 hav their own likes and dislikes...i blif u hav one too...will u do sth u dun like? will u even b a mechanic when u r not even a motorhead? but then..if u wan2 live life without passion...i hav no further comments...

The man who works on most of the Vr4s from GVRC...the mechanic he himself has a AMG VR4..and probably one of the coolest looking ones as well..

wa...seem like the majority of the machanics are motorhead themselves. that is good. What about motothead that has fiery passion, curious as a cat abt cars (like Ah Beng mechanics), but unfortunately they mihgt know nuts about fixing/diagnose a car? the more they fix the car, the worst it comes??...

Hehe, I am not provoking anyone, just curious abt what u guys would think abt it.

hmm...ken yeang dude...concernin the second type of mechanic tat u meant...i experienced it once b4...he was my dad's fren...and b4 this..i drove a kancil wif L200 transplant...and guess wut...rite after the transplant...the engine got some prob..."makan minyak hitam"....so we send the car to tat mechanic...then he say the engine oil old liao..after change gonna ok...so change lo...then after few more days...the trouble comes again...and when he was repairin the car...he found out tat the battery is weak already...old battery....my dad told him to repair everythin tat is faulty...then he say ok...then when the car is done..me and my bro drove the car for two weeks..and then one day...the battery kong ki..and we couldnt start the car...we was like "WTF"..we tot we told him to change everythin tat's faulty...but tat one still ok..the engine havin oil leakage at tat time...so send it back to the workshop again...then he say...the ppl who does the transplant didnt tighten the bolts and nut properly...i was reli burnin at tat time...we send the car to his shop for twice...and he didnt even check properly? and onli told us bout it the 3rd time we send it over...ever since tat incident...me,my bro and my mum...never sends the car there again..now i m drivin sonata...last time gasket bocor..dad say send to his fren again...all three of us say NO...then we send to the hyundai dealer...sien those beng mechanics...anyway...this might b off topic..sorry if it does...but i reli hate those beng mechanics...

My mech doesn't like cars or chose to be a mech actually. He was being forced by his parents to go learn to repair cars when he was young. N then he became a mechanic to earn a living til now.

But something i dun understand is he doesn't like his job very much but yet he stil does good job.
N he is stil repairing cars today although he alr hav other business.

kher said:
My mech doesn't like cars or chose to be a mech actually. He was being forced by his parents to go learn to repair cars when he was young. N then he became a mechanic to earn a living til now.

But something i dun understand is he doesn't like his job very much but yet he stil does good job.
N he is stil repairing cars today although he alr hav other business.

i like to agree with kher.

many mechancis had interests for motors. they may had went to vocational schools or some other institution to learn about engines and such.

while all had interests, not all have passion towards automobiles.

same goes to exposure...

i guess its all same everywhere in the world. meaning they all have their own speciality

repairs, modding, racing and so on..

hahah.........so far the few mechs i know their car very stock and some of them nvr take care wan..lol....do ppls car until fed up to do own car

auxoura said:
hahah.........so far the few mechs i know their car very stock and some of them nvr take care wan..lol....do ppls car until fed up to do own car

yup same here...my friend is a foreman...he used to have the best 1.6 satria in his area before he became a boss...now he doesnt even care about the car...too busy repairing other people`s car...he said bored liao look at his own car..guna secara kasar also no problem...dont want to waste money...

well..certainly there's individuals who didnt choose to be mechs..but i can safely say that most of them are crazy about cars.
like my friend's dad..a mech..wants to go forced fed but the son says its too dangerous.:_:

What is said are true. Once, I'd put myself into mechanic's shoe. For the mechanic, repairing cars and more cars in a day can be boring sometimes. Imagine that the repair is a routine. Day in day out -car repair. The passion for cars might just dwindle to nuthing.

When face with endless mechanical problems, "gila" diagnosis/trouble shooting, barking customers (due to demanding customer or mechanic's own stupidity)....well, that passion can go down in the drain........

So Iwould say thumbs up for the good competent mechanic. May their passion for cars make them a successful mechanic. For Ah Beng mechanic who know nuts abt repairing car and make damages more than repairing them -better go sell pirated VCD....hehehehehe

most of the mechanics i go to do not modify cars to earn a living. mostly depend on the repair/maintenance work to keep them afloat...

in my case lah not referring to others. i have 3 mechanic friends who fiddles with my 3 cars and everyone of them is not even wealthy or drive a tricked out cars...all drive stock cars cos they say they see modified cars repair and maintenance they all cabut. they say rather modify customer's car than theirs. hahaha..funny fellas.

i once ask a mech. did u do modifying as well? he said no coz he dont want ppl to end up in accident after he had modified their cars for them. chances will be higher as they will speed. :emoticon_U:

i was speechless. :confused_smile:

That is a good mechanic with noble intention. However, the mechanic should not be blamed should accidents happen. Statistic has it that auto accidents are mostly due to drivers' fault, seldom mecahnical failure (unless we talk abt high performance car).

Let's put it this way, if cars contibute to accidents and fatalities, should we built roads in the first place? no, I don't think so......It's the mentality of the drivers that need to "modify"...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom