Golf R32 vs 130i Msport

penjaja

Oct 4, 2004
Chicago
What are your opinion of the long term ownership experience of these 2 cars in M'sia? Performance wise, the VW will edge out the BMW. I'm more concerned with the theft rate, maintenance costs, appeal/perception to M'sian, etc

Also the maintenance cost for BMW has been going down these days, what about the VW's?

W.

whitenite

Nov 14, 2003
I'm sure you'll realise these are rare cars on the Msian market.
you're chicago based?

I test drove a R32 as well as a Pirelli GTi (226hp) here in Melbourne recently while searching for a car to replace my Holden Commodore V8 (Pontiac G8 on yr shores). Really enjoyed the R32, the growl emitted by the engine was really addictive, but I daresay the Pirelli felt faster.

there may be more discussions on other forums eg. golfmkv.com, vwvortex.com. I use ozaudi as I drive a A3TQ, but there's a mirror site for VW cars:
http://www.ozvolks.com/forums/index.php

penjaja

Oct 4, 2004
Chicago
Yeah, I'm based in Chicago for now. It should be KL in a few months or so. Yeah, these 2 cars quite rare in M'sia market which is why I'm researching on them. Personally I would prefer an Evo/STi, but with the high theft rate of those 2 cars I don't think it'll be easy owning them in M'sia. I don't wanna be worried about my car everytime I walk away.

After a few days of research, I think I'm down to the 130i. As much fun as a 4wd hatch can bring, the R32 is no Evo/STi. Also it seems from all reviews the Gti and 130i would be a lot more fun than the R32.

W.

SachSeelan

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
Area25
Both cars are tempting... performance wise, of coz the R32 comes to mind as its a race spec like the M3... i have also heard that with some proper/little tuning the 130i can outperform a M3..

other than that the 130i looks stunning compared to VW.... :idea:

ariel

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2005
I can't accept Bimmer in hatcback look...:banghead:

bobble#englishguyKL

May 9, 2009
id go 130i all day .. had a race with one in my nissan silvia .. i was very impressed .. the r32 is a boring car to me .. to steady

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
What are your opinion of the long term ownership experience of these 2 cars in M'sia? Performance wise, the VW will edge out the BMW. I'm more concerned with the theft rate, maintenance costs, appeal/perception to M'sian, etc

Also the maintenance cost for BMW has been going down these days, what about the VW's?

W.
sorry to say this, buddy.
i've no prob with the other UDM's, but that one particular beemer is butt-ugly. sadly!

R32 FTW! :proud:

Bump:

W.
sorry to say this, buddy.
i've no prob with the other UDM's, but that one particular beemer is butt-ugly. sadly!

R32 FTW! :proud:

ariel

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2005
Btw...MkV DSG was fine enuff for me...:driver:

Jun 15, 2009
bro... the vdeo is R32 MT and i think R32 DSG(direct shift gear**Double clutch) will be powerful thn the 130Msport

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

brothers..

in need of help..sifus...i wan to install a piggyback...e-manage probably...wanna remove the limiter...one thing i wanna ask..can a 4G18 internals withstand/tahan the high revving..cos now..i noticed the rev cut is at bout 4k++...

thnx guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience