confused to choose vw golf gti or audi a4

Mohd Azizi

From Facebook
May 7, 2011
www.facebook.com
time to switch eudm car

in my mind is golf gti mk5 and audi a4 b7

both is same engine if not mistaken

mk5 gti coming with 6 speed dsg transmission,that i know audi coming with 7speed Gaytronic(multitronic :biggrin: ),is it audi coming with paddle shift and got launch control? just afraid with this type gearbox whether strong or not

in terms of power, which one is the best,for me power is important thing,sometimes need to rempit too...

why i interested on this two models is

audi look elegance, compact executive car
golf gti look sporty,macho men,playboy,chiks magnet car :date:

if you guys,which one you will chose and why...

thanks for your opinion.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
If you're considering the MK V
Why not consider a new MK 6 Golf GTI? it drives and handle really well right out of the box and the EDC is a fantastic piece of kit.

or if you're looking to obtain the looks of the Golf for cheap and still want some action, the 1.4TSI is not a bad choice.

Mohd Azizi

From Facebook
May 7, 2011
www.facebook.com
If you're considering the MK V
Why not consider a new MK 6 Golf GTI? it drives and handle really well right out of the box and the EDC is a fantastic piece of kit.

or if you're looking to obtain the looks of the Golf for cheap and still want some action, the 1.4TSI is not a bad choice.
mk6 over my budget bro,the 1.4tsi is small cc for me. :biggrin:

Mohd Azizi

From Facebook
May 7, 2011
www.facebook.com
thanks bro for your suggestion,after i'm doing research,golf gti is the best car..the dsg box is strong and reliable better than audi,finaly i make decision to buy mkv,saw on mudah.com got few unregisted mkv,mkv year 2006 price rm150k+..is this price is reasonable ?

mike2662gti

Known Member
Feb 5, 2004
Bro if you want a very responsive and sporty drive the MKV GTI is fantastic, with just remap the car is really quick, as you have mention the DSG gearbox is reliable and strong to a point that is...my suggestion get a used 07 model as a 06 still has the older engine without some minute improvements put on them. Give me a buzz if you need any help 0172708829

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
golf gti for sure

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
zi:get gti:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

get the gti:biggrin:

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
i got the best of both worlds, a MK6 GTI and also a Q5 Quattro. both gearboxes are good, they are the same just the name is different. VW is DSG while AUDI is S-Tronic, which both are twin clutches. the gear change is super addictive, only GTI is faster because it's chipped and also lighter haha. both DSG and S-Tronic can take the trashing and in my opinion, i don't think DSG or S-Tronic is better than the other. they are both the same. if you take the 1.8T, then of course, it's not S-Tronic, it's CVT.

scorza

Known Member
Aug 17, 2004
didnt know the Golf GTI is a chick magnet. reli? but its definitely a nice looking car. tats for sure.

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
Bro get mk5. You won't regert to own it. I got mk5 and q7 4.2 qouttro. But for me, mk5 its superb engenering and chick magnet haha. If you have more budget, get mk6 but mk5 also enuff. Ask mike since he is running conti wkshop and for sure he can get better deal for you. Bro 07 model you can get 150k. Last time my neighbour selling at 130k but all in stock standard. I can ask my cousin since he wanted to sell his mk5 with fully abt kits and stage 2. Only running 80kms.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Sorry for the typo error etc. I'm using bb hehe

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
Audi maybe slightly looks better for outlook, but in terms performance the multitronic cannot take in more power. Golf is definitely better choice here. But if your budget allow, go for golf-R which is 4wd, its more fun on the corners.

I used to have audi B7 a4 with multitronic but sold it to get another audi B7 a4 with quattro and manual 6speed. The car is fun but need to upgrade a lot of stuff after fit in the larger turbine kit.

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
Audi maybe slightly looks better for outlook, but in terms performance the multitronic cannot take in more power. Golf is definitely better choice here. But if your budget allow, go for golf-R which is 4wd, its more fun on the corners.

I used to have audi B7 a4 with multitronic but sold it to get another audi B7 a4 with quattro and manual 6speed. The car is fun but need to upgrade a lot of stuff after fit in the larger turbine kit.
ever tried the S-Tronic? hehe Multitronic is nowhere near S-Tronic bro.