Gear problem

national3399

Jul 29, 2006
Hi Everyone,

I dread this Monday! Come Monday, my car will be towed to TC and be slaughtered there $$$. I started my A32 Cefiro this afternoon (engine running fine) but couldn't engage any gears to get the car moving (auto trans). When I shifted the gear back to P, there was a very rough grinding sound for 2 seconds before it disappeared.

Has anyone out there encountered such problem before and do you think an outside mechanic can handle this case? I dread going to TC for obvious reasons....:embaressed_smile:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
The gearbox may be scrap! SO YOU SHOULD NOT GO TO TC COS THEY WILL FORCE YOU TO BUY A NEW ONE!

Have you checked your gear oil level? If you have, and you still have some, then I'm quite sure that your gearbox is scrap. If not, you might try topping up, but I am doubtful. Grinding is not a good sign (but I am no expert on gearboxes).

Find a decent mechanic in the vicinity. Have it towed to him and get him to find you a 2nd hand gearbox from a srap yard. If you are near USJ, you may consider sending it to Lee - the guy currently handling quite a number of our feilos.

REMEMBER - TAKE IT TO A TRUSTWORTHY MECHANIC. A GOOD MECHANIC WILL TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PARTS HE PUTS INTO YOUR CAR, EVEN IF FROM A SCRAPYARD - within reason, of course. Don't expect a brand new feel because the part has done some mileage, but neither should it kick like a mule.

national3399

Jul 29, 2006
Hi boys,

I must thank my lucky stars. The problem is actually the drive shaft and not the gear problem. Must thank TC for their quick diagnosis.

If you encounter such same problem in the future ... it may not necessarily be the gear box .... hehe ... talking like a sifu now.

Cost me $300 for right drive shaft. Labour $80 and alignment $28. Total damage abt $450 at TC...... very happy

David - thanks for your various PMs. You'd been very helpful.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, bro,
im newbie here,
but just want to inform all the members,my just got smashed at bangsar last two days.They just managed to take out my apex boostmeter and the rsm in the early morning around 5 am.Beware of this guy in bangsar area they just looking for the meters on the dash.in the incident they smashed the drivers window.
Beware of this mother f**king buggers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience