Garmin Mobile XT In Your Car

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
1) How do you connect ur phone gps with the dvd screen?
2) As far as Ive tested, phone gps receivers are low sensitivity a.k.s slowpoke.. (when u need them to save ur life on a rush time, ull be very dead)
3) yes maps are free, BUT when u use the navigation.. they would want you to pay. Am I right? (Tried this with the OEM nokia maps)
All ur question have been answered b4 in this thread..pls browse it..thanx bro..:biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
question - this free gps is it hard to get signal sometime?
it depends on your location...if in a car with vkool=difficult...under a bridge/basement = difficult.

in open space...=not difficult.its not because its free or not.depends on your signal and device.not software.

1) How do you connect ur phone gps with the dvd screen?
2) As far as Ive tested, phone gps receivers are low sensitivity a.k.s slowpoke.. (when u need them to save ur life on a rush time, ull be very dead)
3) yes maps are free, BUT when u use the navigation.. they would want you to pay. Am I right? (Tried this with the OEM nokia maps)
it is free.Like angrysnail said...browse through the 1st few pages of the thread and you will get the answer...thanks.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
question - this free gps is it hard to get signal sometime?
turn on A-GPS (if your phone and telco-plan support it), my experience is that I can get the GPS position in less than 15 secs and GARMIN voice pop-up before my eletronic door gate fully open. Again, telco will charge you data cost. it also depends on your location.

my worst experience with turning off A-GPS is waited at the road side for 15 mins, waiting for sufficient GPS signal to plan for re-route.

in theory, your device need to get signal from at least 3 satellite to provide a basic GPS location (trigonometric and math), of course, the more satellite signal your device received, the calculation will provide much better and accurate position (according to Nokia Map, my E71 can receive 5-6 satellite signal at Jalan Perak, and barely 2-3 at Jalan Raja Chulan sometime.)

A-GPS basically utilise your telco nearest communication tower to feed-in additional location data (just like fake satellite signal if you want to call it), which speed-up the GPS position calculation much more faster.

My advise is you only turn on the A-GPS if you have unlimited data plan with your telco or you are on a rush.

Anyone using Windows Mobile (Omnia for my friend case) are lucky, you can download a software to help your device to grab your position even before you start GARMIN.

just sharing my experience

Bump:
m a v [3] r i c k;3679896 said:
BlackSamurai,
Both numbers did not work :(
I just realized, there are 3 sets of numbers there.
IMEI, IMSI and Card ID.
Tried generating keys with all 3 codes but still failed.

Bump: BlackSamurai,
Both numbers did not work :(
I just realized, there are 3 sets of numbers there.
IMEI, IMSI and Card ID.
Tried generating keys with all 3 codes but still failed.
You got PM

JaSON5878

Known Member
May 21, 2006
Yeah...

I kinda addicted to GPS nowadays.......
I got standalone GPS ( with my wife), and myself I'm using N95 now.
Previously Dopod PDA with internal GPS.

Spent few days googling around before I managed install it :p

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
lolx ... the good old days where you have to google for help..hahhaha...

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
actually the A-GPS uses very very little data only. i've seen my phone bill and in total for the data is only like RM1.xx

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
what network you using bro?

if you u using line i think is not so bad..but prepaid sure syiok :top: ... youre credit straight zero

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
m a v [3] r i c k , i can't find anything wrong with your file...
sorry bro, can't give any further advice.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
I just install the speedtrap thing into my X1 and seems it very useful!.

Thanks guy.

Bump: I just install the speedtrap thing into my X1 and seems it very useful!.

Thanks guy.

N-gage

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
TRG
bro angrysnail...
sony ericsson C902 can use kaa garmin mobile xt software???
how to download for free?:biggrin::biggrin:

Bump: what meaning Google maps n navigation in sony ericsson C902??
i just bought this hp

Jun 25, 2009
Bro,

I downloaded the file, unzipped it and double clicked on "GarminMobileXTforSymbianS603rdEdition_50040.exe" and clicked 'setup' then nothing happened

I also tried unzipped it and double clicked on 'setup.exe' but also nothing happened.

Why ah? I got my 5800XM connected as mass storage
But I used windows 2000 :). 2000 cannot, meh?

JaSON5878

Known Member
May 21, 2006
Hi Kengster...

After you clicked teh setup, you will see the files copying into your memory card. ( you need to choose memory card for the installation location).

Then, disconnect your phone from cable.
Go to phone menu, files manager, and look for GarminmobileXT.sis, and double click on it.
Then follows the phone instruction until you finish installing the Garmin mobile into your 5800.

Next, follow all the instruction to get your Garmin unlock.

Happy trying!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have one stock ori 4g93 ecu for sale. rm 680. If interested please call me at no.0193322338/ 0183969698/ 0193322339. thanks:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience