Gadjets like fuel saver,VR & Grounding Cables

ro@dHogg

Aug 12, 2004
Just curious-do these things REALLY work ?

I am just wondering whether this is marketing at its best,or if these things really work.After all if they are so cheap to install,why doesn't every car manufacturer install them ?

Just wonder what all the sifus think..

thx

Last edited:

7500RPM

Known Member
Aug 14, 2005
KL
nope they don't work. they are made for specific requirement from drivers.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
grounding cables really got improvement provided they are installed in the correct places and to replace aging stock ground cables.

as for other stuffs like micro compressor, fuel saver and such... i have no idea.. i dun think it works..i could be wrong... but if merc and bmw's endorse the product as their standard equipment i'll perhaps trust the product more.

ro@dHogg

Aug 12, 2004
Tot so *sigh*

I guess some of the claims were just too good to be true-but does this theory also hold true for those hi-voltage spark plug cables as well ?

And what about those drop-in washable air filters ?

I guess we are all trying to look for something to reduce the fuel bill

Thanks

justin_vspec

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
As for me I can say that grounding wires and voltage stabilizer works...Will certainly notice the headlights are brighter thats for sure..Starting the car will also be easier..

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
er.. i think grounding and VS is nothing to do with saving fuel...

i also curious those 'fuel saving' gadget ppl sold out there.. like some round thing.. some like magnet.. etc etc...
our engine already burn the fuel 98% efficiently.. how to ? i dono la. .some claim can save up to 20% some more.. u be the judge lo

but i read somewhere the REAL stuff that can save fuel is a Vacuum guage
i think something related to it can guide u how hard to step on the accelerator?
but i also not sure..

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
the cheapest and most effective fuel saver around is a brick!!! Place the brick under the throttle pedal... :D

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
grounding n VS DO work... install n u wil notice the different.. others like fuel saver i no comment o... mayb work mayb not nie..

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Kopi said:
the cheapest and most effective fuel saver around is a brick!!! Place the brick under the throttle pedal... :D
hahahaha
i tell u another car i drive..
below the rubber carpet, got another hard plastic carpet
so sometimes when goes up the car
accidently move the carpet.. the plastic carpet below will block the gas pedal.. hahaha
so its like become 'fuel saver' hahahahha

than my car.. last time change engine
the throttle cable not ngam one..
i hand gatal go touch.. than get it loose liao
so i press the padel from 0 to 70% is loose one
after press 70% only pull the throttle.. hehehe
kinda like 'fuel saver' also..

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
sam1741 said:
er.. i think grounding and VS is nothing to do with saving fuel...

i also curious those 'fuel saving' gadget ppl sold out there.. like some round thing.. some like magnet.. etc etc...
our engine already burn the fuel 98% efficiently.. how to ? i dono la. .some claim can save up to 20% some more.. u be the judge lo

but i read somewhere the REAL stuff that can save fuel is a Vacuum guage
i think something related to it can guide u how hard to step on the accelerator?
but i also not sure..
i find magnet have some effect if you put it in the intake of a carb engine, refer to DIY section, old tread i think, i use HDD magnet.

how true is that? well i did it to my dad's car without telling him, and waited for a week or so and casually ask him during one of the time we went out together about how his car feel, then he say lately smoother and more power.

but dun expect much lar.. after you get use to the little extra power you won't feel it anymore. and no.. it won't save fuel if you put at the intake :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

good day again everyone! just yesterday i was having a simple proper car wash technique/cleaning lesson for one of my friend who send her car precious to roadside car wash once she got her car. i saw the picture caption at facebook she wrote "and then spilled milk tea all over it right after the car wash" can guess what kinda milk tea?

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

tadaa...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience