Fuel Saving Devices - Read before you buy !

YusofNgah

May 4, 2009
SAVE FUEL. I make my own HHO fuel kit. The 2 hydrogen & 1 oxygen gas emitted from distilled water is sucked into the engine via the air filter box. Gives more power to the car and because of that I press lighter on the pedal. Then, only I can saved money by going to the petrol station a few days later. To proof that it works, the tip end of that exhaust pipe has no soot, meaning the petrol I used is completely burnt. I had been using this kit for 3 years already. Previously, HHO kit installer connect the HHO gas through the vacuum pipe of the engine, and this make the car drinks more petrol. Disadvantage of this kit: you have to change/replace the distilled water every week. YusofNgah

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
anything that can do 'Electrolysis of water' is good..

i use a device that called 'E-gas Hydrogen fuel saver'.. it's save fuel & give a lil more power..

not much.. but ok la

:biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
anything that can do 'Electrolysis of water' is good..

i use a device that called 'E-gas Hydrogen fuel saver'.. it's save fuel & give a lil more power..

not much.. but ok la

:biggrin:
Bro...

Seriously, can you please testify? Does it actually work and how much improvement? Can give us some figures? Because I wanted to get one of those but came across a website where a guy argues that it doesn't work. Reason being that the extra energy provided by the hydrogen and oxygen is not enough to cover up the energy drained from the battery. Thus the alternator have to work extra hard to replenish the energy to the battery.

YusofNgah

May 4, 2009
Definitely there is a saving to my pocket because of extra power obtained from the addition of Hydrogen & oxygen sucked into the engine. It does take some electricity just like power amplifyer,(about 10amp), but what the alternator is used for. Another draw back is that the stainless steel wire acting as anode deteriotes through time like electroplating. This is a D.I.Y. gadget. Dont buy it if you are lazy to open up the bonnet every week to change water, (because the system depends on water, and the more often you change, the better is the performance). Because I like to delve in mechanics and repair, that is the reason why I still have them in my 3 cars for 3 years alridy. I sold a few, but these people gave up after a while. Too much of a nuisance. Better buy those gadget like voltage stabilser which is plug and play, with one fix to the battery and another to the cigarette lighter. Mega Raisin brand made in China RM60 each will do the job. Yusofngah (not my real name)

Attachments

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Definitely there is a saving to my pocket because of extra power obtained from the addition of Hydrogen & oxygen sucked into the engine. It does take some electricity just like power amplifyer,(about 10amp), but what the alternator is used for. Another draw back is that the stainless steel wire acting as anode deteriotes through time like electroplating. This is a D.I.Y. gadget. Dont buy it if you are lazy to open up the bonnet every week to change water, (because the system depends on water, and the more often you change, the better is the performance). Because I like to delve in mechanics and repair, that is the reason why I still have them in my 3 cars for 3 years alridy. I sold a few, but these people gave up after a while. Too much of a nuisance. Better buy those gadget like voltage stabilser which is plug and play, with one fix to the battery and another to the cigarette lighter. Mega Raisin brand made in China RM60 each will do the job. Yusofngah (not my real name)
Alternator charges the battery. When battery is full, it disconnects so that it relieves the load on the engine, improve FC and prevent battery overcharge. If we put extra load on the battery by using the hydrogen fuel enrichment device, it consumes extra power from battery and thus the alternator have to work harder and longer. This puts the load on the engine as the engine will ultimately be used to charge the battery. Because the principle of conservation of energy states energy cannot be created nor destroyed. So the energy supplemented by the hydrogen and oxygen will needs to be charged back in the same amount by the engine. And if you factor in the friction and losses, the engine will actually have to compensate back more than the hydrogen and oxygen provide. That is the opinion of the engineer here. Check it out Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view

But personally, I think it would work la... That's why I am asking for testimonies...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
ok.. ok..

the product actually use 1amp only.. they have a meter when i buy it..

it produce hydrogen sulfide, methane, oxygen & carbon monoxide.. tested with a gas detector..

the 1st 2 of the gasses is flammable & oxygen helps combustion.. check wikipedia for more info..

from my calculation.. it save around 5-10% of fuel.. not much.. BUT for a long run.. $$$:biggrin:

notes : i'm using silvertop 1.6L engine with 10.5 compression ratio.. if u have similar engine, u'll get similar result.. if not, :dontknow:

Last edited:

Wasmo

500 RPM
Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ok lads, since petrol prices are at pocket bursting prices, lets help each other by listing down the FUEL SAVING DEVICES available in the market today.

:driver:

What works: :rock:
1. Name / Brand / Price / Proof

What doesn't: :banghead:
1. Magnet on fuel lines / Many brands / Not cheap / Proven NOT effective by Mythbusters.

2. Air Injector a.k.a Compressor / Many Brands / RM200 to RM500 / Self-used, and many other friends as well, all not working.

P/S : Hopefully, after some useful input is gathered, i'll be able to publish an article for the ZTH main page.
Using the Torco UL Accelerator will do the job which is proven and it works fantastically

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Wasmo,

Kindly provide more details on the product you mentioned.
1- Where to get?
2- How much & contains how many litters?
3- How to use?
4- Base on my readings from Net, It will increase the Octane of the fuel.
Then is it possible to use this product on RON95 then run on EVO 8/9 engine (4G63T)?
Without any problem...

Please share... Thanks

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Anyone care to loan me / sponsor me their products for Mythbusting on a feature page? I'll review it as neutral as possible and will have gadgets to roughly measure performance figures / gains / losses

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I dun use any fuel saving device as i am not sure which would work.
Having high hopes on HHO and shall give it a try soon. And VS too.

VS i would wanna try using one big ass cap as oppose to the tiny caps with diff values combo.
Since i dun play ICE and the batt itself is already a pure DC, so i dun see anything i need to
smooth out for. But i wish to connect a 2 Farad cap directly to my batt hoping that it could
make the batt last longer. Coz each time i crank the engine, voltage drops till 8V. I hope
during the voltage drop, the cap would kicks in and releases all its energy to fill the valley.

Fuel saving via driving style i believe. No jack rabbit start from a dead stop since more
energy is needed to move it as momentum needs energy to slowly built back up. If u
see long ahead of u already the traffic light turn red, i would shift from D to N to save
fuel but i am not sure weather this is gd or bad to the tranny. Anyone like to advice?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
If u see long ahead of u already the traffic light turn red, i would shift from D to N to save fuel but i am not sure weather this is gd or bad to the tranny. Anyone like to advice?
I've tried this... Seems okay... No damage to tranny. Just that risk of people cutting to the front of you. But if you've okay with that i think it is good...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you think about it, putting it in gear and having unnecessary torque on a non-moving object vs no torque on the same object... which do you think is better? But in the end it's not like you're revving in gear with my left foot on the brake. So realistically either way is fine just as long as when you shift back in gear, don't be in a rush to floor it after that. You'll get a mega big jerk when you shift and accelerate if not properly timed and I'm sure that'll hurt something in the long run

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Anyone used RESTORER on their engine before?Claims that is all so familiar as we all know.Any testimonies?I have a 4G93 with lash adjuster that's sounds like a broken minigun and "they" claim that it can resolve this issue...

Or is there any other substitutions for a "chemical" treatment which is more cost effective rather than top overhaul....

Appreciate the replies from all of you....:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience