Fuel pump capacities

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Just wondering.. what are the capacities of the stock honda pumps? (from H22A(accord/prelude), B18C(civics), B20(CRV's)..etc. etc.)

Instead of running high pressures using the regulator.. maybe can 'rojak' a higher capacity honda fuel pump for higher pressures.

I know there's aftermarket pumps.. and the reason for trying to go stock is... err... aftermarket pumps not very 'quiet'.

Last edited:

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
the best way is to run 2 fuel pumps. connect it with a Y-joint. the reason being is when 1 pump fails, u still have the other to keep fuel running to your engine. if u flip to any magazines or any websites..notice the japanese setup.they have 4-6 fuel pumps. the MAIN reason why they have at least 2 is to make sure the pump doesnt fail and cook any pistons which will ruin mechanics mood. fuel pump failure are hazardous especially when ure high revving time.

since ure asking for more capacities, dang i dun have the stock honda fuel pump capacities..but if u do a Y-Joint it should be A X 1.65 of the fuel pump pressure and both has to have the same pressure. about the noise with aftermarket pump, as long u keep your backseats on, its ok plus it has to be internal. the ext 044 bosch can be ear deafing.

good question. have a good week.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Actually dual/quad fuel pumps are risky as well.. esp if running high compression/turbo. The reason being that if on single pump systems, one failed pump means engine doesn't run... but on dual/quad pump systems.... one failed pump means a blown engine due to lean conditions.

Anyway.. not looking for extreme kind of fuel pumps.. since trying to work on fuel systems that can deliver enough pressure for a lo-spec B20B without having to resort to using an fuel regulator.. In a way..Sort of a project to build a B20B affordably first (so can come up with a setup affordable for the most people), then start squeezing power out of it with mods.

zaki

Known Member
Dec 7, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
hattech-v said:
i think all b-series fuel pump got same capacity.. even same capacity with sohc fuel pump if not mistaken..
wallbro bising ka?
use ear plug or raise up your stereo volume. the bising will be gone...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,
last week i just install my turbo timer on my standard N/A engine
is a full auto turbo timer

the problem i facing now is,
sumtimes when the engine still runing,i wont be able to lock my door

izzit my timer problem or my alarm system problem?
pls help
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience