Forged Racing Alum Rad vs Synergy Alum Rad

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
ehdrian: yes ... but in the end, its still determined by ur budget :)

i can't afford KOYO, so i choose forged racing instead, but i think the quality is better than those replicas or cap ayam..hehe

avielboys

Known Member
Nov 14, 2008
JB, Johor
powerpackengineering.blogspot.com
ehdrian,

i have installed a forged racing radiator before in a ported hyundai acsent verna and its better quality than the normal china ones. And the temp takes more than 20mins to get up, whereas the china one i used in a mivec piston converted perdana v6 takes only mins to get up to operating temp.

since forged racing is more affordable, its a real good choice for most folks who want reasonable quality at affordable prices

Regards.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
ehdrian,

i have installed a forged racing radiator before in a ported hyundai acsent verna and its better quality than the normal china ones. And the temp takes more than 20mins to get up, whereas the china one i used in a mivec piston converted perdana v6 takes only mins to get up to operating temp.

since forged racing is more affordable, its a real good choice for most folks who want reasonable quality at affordable prices

Regards.

oh, thx for the feedback bro..

x363

Known Member
Jun 11, 2011
Ipoh/JB
sorry for stealing thread...

wonder why most EG converted with B18C not using the "bigger / longer" radiator from the DC2 and stick with the "smaller / half length" original EG radiator?

Thanx

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
bro, u hv to post this question at HONDA's forum ade..hehe

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think is due to space constrain or maybe Honda having a good engine design that water won't overheat easily. Infact big does cater as good.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

mines998 said:
I think is due to space constrain or maybe Honda having a good engine design that water won't overheat easily. Infact big does cater as good.
Typo error "infact big doesn't cater as good"

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
i see most of the eg/ek engine bay got lotsa space wan..double layer big alum rad is not a prob..

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Then must be the engine doesn't have overheat problem becos VTec still NA after all. The engine temp won't high as turbo engine I guess.

x363

Known Member
Jun 11, 2011
Ipoh/JB
i have that impression that it will fit a "bigger" one but for some reason most ppl dont..

in term of bro mines998.... B18C already come with the "big" radiator... so i assume it means that engine does need that "big radiator"... ??? :) just that when transplanted to EG; most ppl then to "scrap" the big radiator... :)

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think it suppose to I think for radiator bigger should be better. There is 1 more thing, I think maybe they want to reduce weight. I seen many VTEC player having all sort of weight reduction idea. I saw some even drill many hole at there rear bumper.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
i use cap ayam 2layer alum rad, and no problem. haha.
but i'd really love to get them forged racing alum rad + super thin fans + shroud kit.

anyway, the forged racing fan good aa?

x363

Known Member
Jun 11, 2011
Ipoh/JB
cos honda owners cannot use spoon/mugen extractors as its tuned length, if using double layer radiators, will touch the headers.......
The "original" B18C DC2 integra radiator is "double layer"? the engine bay "depth" is shorter in EG as compare to DC2?