Forged Racing Alum Rad vs Synergy Alum Rad

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think it suppose to I think for radiator bigger should be better. There is 1 more thing, I think maybe they want to reduce weight. I seen many VTEC player having all sort of weight reduction idea. I saw some even drill many hole at there rear bumper.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
i use cap ayam 2layer alum rad, and no problem. haha.
but i'd really love to get them forged racing alum rad + super thin fans + shroud kit.

anyway, the forged racing fan good aa?

x363

Known Member
Jun 11, 2011
Ipoh/JB
cos honda owners cannot use spoon/mugen extractors as its tuned length, if using double layer radiators, will touch the headers.......
The "original" B18C DC2 integra radiator is "double layer"? the engine bay "depth" is shorter in EG as compare to DC2?

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
plan to install a water gauge where should i install the sensor? top hose or a bottom? as both water temp reading is different.

thanks

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Normally people put on top. Yes the temp will have variance when you place at different place but the meter is serve as monitor purpose if you found yr water suddenly higher than normal it mean something is wrong or maybe the sensor. I think most accurate water temp is stock 1.

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Any update on this? I heard both Forged and Synergy Radiator follow the same design concept...as in less fin and bigger tubes ...with less fin, the air flow is better thus cools the radiator down faster.

I have my suspicion that maybe both came from same factory?...I dunno..just wondering.

So please...can somebody tell me which is better between forged racing and synergy?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
both also not bad even though i've nvr use Synergy alum rad b4, no comments from frens dat use both brands..

avielboys

Known Member
Nov 14, 2008
JB, Johor
powerpackengineering.blogspot.com
Hi guys,

i have experience with both forged racing and synergy radiators. Both are good products, but however when checking water temp, i found out that forged racing have better cooling. Synergy however is cheaper by about usually 100~200. But my studies might not be accurate as 2 different cars are used.

Regards.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Any update on this? I heard both Forged and Synergy Radiator follow the same design concept...as in less fin and bigger tubes ...with less fin, the air flow is better thus cools the radiator down faster.
less fins doesnt mean better cooling... less fins may have better airflow...but it also means less heat dissipating surface....i.e less surface for the heat to escape....which can also mean slower cooling...

usually the more the fins the more the surface for the heat to dissipate, but at the cost of airflow...but with the right amount of airflow, it will probably cool down even faster.

but in terms of airflow... u already have the fan... and also u have air travelling through the radiator at 100km/h or watever speed ur travelling at.

but between the 2, id go for forged...i know a couple of track kakis who uses it... and also there was this comment

it's a sub rm900 radiator, 3 layers n lifetime warranty
price i assume is in reference for DC5 radiator as the comment is made in the DC5 group

then theres also the fact that the radiator is aluminium which is not as good of a heat conductor as copper....i.e it wont transfer the heat from the water/tubes to the fins as fast/good as copper...though it dissipates heat better than copper.

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
forged racing seems ok but alot problems with the stock cap that came with it. seems to be causing alot problems from some of my friends, got water leaking out of the cap..

ranging from proton to even evos with forged racing radiator..
however can be solved by changing to new cap or other caps lol

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Are there any fake Forged radiators in the market now? If I remember correctly, the last time I was quoted for a double layer Forged radiator is nearly RM1000. Just checked today, it's only RM540.

Has the price dropped or was I over-quoted previously? OR is it some fake Forged radiator?

One thing I can say is that it is quite a reputable shop and it appears to be the distributor for Forged radiators in Malaysia as stated in FB Forged Racing Fan Page.

Please advice.