Forced Induction

KingOfCool

Jun 11, 2004
Ok guys, i really need to clarify this. Is it really true that Forced Induction engine be it factory spec or simply bolt ons consume gallons of petrol, easily breakdown and require lots of money to run and maintain OR for a properly tune turbo (right size, boost etc.) and maybe boost control (low boost for mild driving and higher when there is the adrenalin rush), also regular normal maintenance, that the difference isnt that much and its bearable?

Need the find the truth behind the turbo myth.

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
it depends on wat kinda turbo u hav under the hood..
and it also depends on the way u drive..u rev all the time and bla bla bla..also causes higher fuel consumption..
damages?if u dont maintain ur turbo properly..say bye bye..!

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
all i can say is that for turbo cars, maintenance is key

regardless of whether it is stock or highly modified.. keep it well maintained and it will serve u well..

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by [PIMPIN]@Nov 9 2004, 14:22
all i can say is that for turbo cars, maintenance is key

regardless of whether it is stock or highly modified.. keep it well maintained and it will serve u well..
totally agree with u...if u mix and match how many brand of performance parts for ur car also dun give damage as long as it match carefully.
maintainance would be..regular servicing (oil, filter bla bla) and repair immediately for whatever sound or something wrong happen to ur car.
always visit ur worksyop and make friend with ur mechanic..ask him this and that and u'll know what causes car's problem.
there is no such thing as old engine will always making problem. it will run almost like new engine if all necessary parts replace with new parts

p/s: my car is also mix and match many parts (it is perodua's engine rebored 1.4mm to fit L2 piston) but still reliable for daily use (at least travel 40-50km per day). never stall at traffic light or and kind of problem like that

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any idea where..? Should be cheaper but good quality..

Not quality is good and the pice is high..
Not quality is bad and the price is lower
Not the quality is bad and the price is high..

Not too cheap, not too expensive..Middle lah..

Area around Gombak, AU1-5, Wangsa Maju, Setapak..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience