Fishy Talk

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

tackle_shop_fella

Jul 6, 2006
Me think it's more on the fish habitat and food chain factor.

Fish Habitat - Queenies live in the sea with current and they are flat like GTs which can cut through water with lees friction compare with Toman and Patin. They are design for speed. Correct me if i am wrong, i think sea oso have higher oxygen level.

Food Chain - Queenies have to swim very fast in order to get their foods ie: tamban, kembung etc, where toman oni have to go after keli or talapia{slower swimming fishes} and patin eat anything that they can find. Queenies oso have to swim fast to escape from other bigger predator fish but toman are at the top of the food chain, hence giving the Queen Fish a better stamina, like sailfish, they go for ikan selayang, ikan tongkol{dogtooth tuna} which are superb swimmers.

CHEERS AND HAPPY FISHING

chun

1,000 RPM
Jan 4, 2006
sifu q, never post report wan? everyone SPK kar? kekeke

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
yes .. everyone SPK !! hahahaahahaa ... nvm la .. still got another 2 more rounds maa .. experiment with different type of baits laa ... anyone buying LEE KUM KEE for this place kaa ?? hahahaahahaaaa .. PKD la that is ..

btw .. sifoo tetek .. that patin caught at PKD is much bigger than sifoo PK landed in uncle chow place laa .. PK one timbang 4.7kg .. this one put onto timbang oso fall out .. have to hold by hand at head and tail to prevent from falling coz too big .. like that hold oso 8kg+ liauuu .. hahhaahahaa .. this one TIMANG one .. NOT ESTIMATED one .. hehehehe

tackle shop fella already given his opinion why some fish faster and some slower .. very logical oso what .. i oso wanna add .. sea fishes cover more mileage so need bigger and more powerful engine lorr .. huahahahaahahaa

chun

1,000 RPM
Jan 4, 2006
SPK ar... already tried so much things liao wor... but still cannot find the secret weapon sifu pacu recommend lar...

yea yea... more mileage means bigger engine... then need more fuel also rite.... kkekeke

kkho99

4,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Visit site
woh now fish + engine jor kah!!.......

add one more......dun 4get fish want powerful engine coz of u guys oso use powerful weapon to fishing them mah....... rite boh sifus...........

adyzul

1,000 RPM
Oct 6, 2005
Sifus.....please read this.

How Fish Swim

by Phil Pitts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! That kid swims like a fish!

That's quite a compliment for any swimmer, but get real. Nobody can swim like a fish-not even close.

A sailfish can go as fast as 68 miles per hour. That's pretty fast, even for a car. In comparison, a world-record freestyle swimmer crawls along at barely five miles per hour. Even an 11-inch Missouri rainbow trout can swim faster!

Fish are built for getting around in water, while people seem to be built for making big splashes when they cannonball off the high dive. Most fish are shaped like a football or a torpedo. This streamlined shape makes it easier for them to move through water.

Have you ever tried to run along the bottom of the swimming pool? Didn't it seem like you were moving in slow motion? That's because water is 800 times denser than air. It's the high density of the water that slows you down.

Water density is an advantage to a fish, however, because it helps hold it off the bottom. A largemouth bass can float around a pond the way a blimp floats in the sky. A fish in the water can use its energy to go places, but a person in the water uses a lot of energy just to keep from sinking.

Fish may be up to 80 percent muscle. The best arm wrestler in your neighborhood probably has a bulge like a tennis ball in his or her upper arm. A fish's bulging muscles are packed along its sides. That's where a fish gets most of its swimming power.

Fish muscles are different from people muscles.

Next time you're around someone that is filleting the catch of the day, sneak a peak at the fish meat before it is battered and fried. Fish muscles look like sideways W's stacked inside each other. These W's are called myomeres (my-oh-mears).

When a largemouth bass wants to move forward, it begins a side-to-side wiggle that starts at its front and moves to its back. As this wiggle goes backward, the fish goes forward.

The wiggle starts when the myomeres behind the fish's head on one side pull themselves shorter, and then the myomeres on the other side pull themselves shorter. Like football fans doing the wave cheer, these muscle contractions progress from side to side toward the back of the fish, and end with the flip of the fish's tail.

A fish's tail fin is an extension of the fish's body, much like the swim flippers you wear in the pool. Some fish are like eels and get more propulsion from their wiggling body. Others get more push from their tail. Some fish tails are floppy and full and are great for a quick burst of speed. Missouri's muskie is built like this. Other fish tails are stiff and crescent-shaped and are good for attaining high speeds over long distances. A tuna has a big C-shaped tail and can swim up to 44 miles per hour.

Big fish usually swim faster than little fish. The biggest and fastest swimmers in the fish world live in the open ocean where they can chase and catch food with less chance of crashing into something.

Not all fish swim the same way. Most fish use their pectoral and pelvic fins, which are located along their sides, to steer or maneuver. These fins act as brakes or rudders to help the fish stop, turn or go up or down or, in some cases, backward. Some fish rely on these or other fins rather than body movements to propel themselves forward part of the time.

These fish usually aren't very fast. However, they are well adapted for moving in and out of tight places to catch food or to escape from other fish that want to eat them. Their ability to maneuver helps them survive.

Missouri's bowfin can send waves along the dorsal fin (on its back) to move forward or to back into tight spots.

Of course, all fish are better swimmers than people. That's to be expected since they were born in the water and get to practice swimming every day. But if you put a fish on dry land, I'll bet a nickel you can outrun it every time!

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
sifoo ADY .. the MFN thread u have been following .. the DIY pontoon one .. the costs of dogttoth punya pontoon rm400 .. main costs .. THE PVC CAPS !!! hahahaahaa ...

adyzul

1,000 RPM
Oct 6, 2005
QiW said:
sifoo ADY .. the MFN thread u have been following .. the DIY pontoon one .. the costs of dogttoth punya pontoon rm400 .. main costs .. THE PVC CAPS !!! hahahaahaa ...
Yahhh...I've read liauuuu. I'll go to the hardware shop later and check.

Alternatively just buy a 10foot fibre for RM500.....guranttee won't sink wan....wakakakakaka.

chun

1,000 RPM
Jan 4, 2006
yea i think we buy the coleman inflatable also cheaper leh...and easier to setup/dismantle... just not that durable maybe... but the RM400 including the thruster or not??

Apr 17, 2006
Bro Chun,

U guys manage to land any monster at KPD yesterday??

adyzul

1,000 RPM
Oct 6, 2005
In the Coleman webstore does not include thruster but the Colossus 4-person comes with oars.

henria86

Jul 14, 2006
hey guys,
this is what i been catching an the season just ended for the porgies here ... i caught my limit of the day 60.. avg around 1lbs to 3 lbs..
heres a pic..
henri

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
waaa .. henri .. u caught 60 of those buggers aahh ?? sounds like good fun ...
well done !!!

klmt4u ... yesterday everyone SPK at KPD pond ... hahahaaha

headache

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Hello...

Wah... still so happening, ar? Got new fishing kaki, too.

So, how's the CUMping tit in Pangkor? Where's the pics and what page are they in? Thanks.

headache

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
rorytate said:
wah wah wah...Unker's back~!!!

Still needing your soiled panties? :P
Sure, ar?
This morning, I passed by my neighbours' place and there hung a VERY used panty. Got crust formed there also. :sad_smile:

I curi and bring back for you? :angel_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Where would you recommend to get the Ultra Racing bars for BMW with reasonable price and good workmanship?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience