First car detailing

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
opss... my bad.... mebbe its metrojaya...

so how imoloq??? my idea?? no go??

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Sorry for the late reply Lord Darkslide. Parkson in Ipoh Parade sells Meguiar's products.

I saw the ROB, Bosch GEX270 the other day. Still contemplating whether I should get it or not.

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
hehehehe ... actually...

i just went back from parkson ipoh... hehehehe because i was lurking at meguiar's forum.. (thank to u for info bout the forum).. and somebody say parkson carry meg product.....

so today i went there... they got 10%... hehehe i was like a kid in a candy store..... :)

lastly... check out with 2 bootles of GC car wash (1 for my bro in terengganu),GC wax, and quik detail n clay... hehehehe
cant w8 to work on my car this weekend...

oh...how much u see the bosch????... my ROB budget all gone to buy those meguiar's product.. hehhe mebbe next month i'll get the ROB... hopefully... :P

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
here's my little comment..just my 2 cents.

ColorX work more like color restorer more then swirl remover..

ScratchX is swirl remove

But both of them are abbrasive....ScratchX more then ColorX

Looking at ur pic i do feel ur car paint, paint job is not so good quality...even u clay, colorx and wax but the deep dark shin is not there...can see it clearly from the reflection at the car doors

No offence

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
here's my little comment..just my 2 cents.

ColorX work more like color restorer more then swirl remover..

ScratchX is swirl remove

But both of them are abbrasive....ScratchX more then ColorX

Looking at ur pic i do feel ur car paint, paint job is not so good quality...even u clay, colorx and wax but the deep dark shin is not there...can see it clearly from the reflection at the car doors

No offence
Haha I was thinking the same thing too. The paint job was done by the previous owner 3 months before he sold the car to my bro. So, I don't know the quality of the paintjob but overall, it looks better than a really botched up paintjob I've seen on my friend's car.

The reason I chose ColourX is because I wanted to polish the car, but I didn't want to get a polisher and a scratch remover as it will be out of my budget. So I opted for a compromise. Trust me, when I get my ROB, I'll be using ScratchX.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Haha I was thinking the same thing too. The paint job was done by the previous owner 3 months before he sold the car to my bro. So, I don't know the quality of the paintjob but overall, it looks better than a really botched up paintjob I've seen on my friend's car.

The reason I chose ColourX is because I wanted to polish the car, but I didn't want to get a polisher and a scratch remover as it will be out of my budget. So I opted for a compromise. Trust me, when I get my ROB, I'll be using ScratchX.

I am now in the progress of absorbing knowledge from my 2 MG sifu...was told RB is not heavy to use and can be danger if you try it blindly w/o knowing anything of it...but then RB can do cutting job alot faster

Yeah ROB is the one i planning to get also...by that time will arming for MG Glaze series stuff like M83 and M85

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
heheheh.. i'll post my comment on MG product... on a very2 beginner point of view... hehehe

cant w8 for the weekend...

sigh.. need a LOT of elbow grease... :(

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
hope u satisfied with the results.

Take ur own sweet time for detailing, don't rush.

The elbow grease you spend will in return with a nice detailed car!

Admire with the hardwork you done is priceless!

Can post up some picture of ur car before and after detailing and share with us?

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
yep.. u right sebastian...

i'll try to snap some pic... and post here...

if the thread starter dunt mind.. :)

Last edited:

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
hello there.. hehehe

this is my beginer review on meguiar's product that i tested yesterday.... the product i use use is a consumer line... the glod class wash, clay and quik detailer, and the gold class wax

THE PRODUCT

ok.. here is my car looks like before washing.. dirty with dirt due to construction work along the ipoh lumut road... and travelling in the rain also help.... (theres few tips that i got from several webapge... that i will add in here..)

i rinse with a nice stream of water....
tips:
-aviod jet balsting ur car... as it can harm the paint as u r jet blasting the sand striaght to ur paint
-start from top... to bottom...
ojhh... and i use the double bucket technic... rinse sponge... wash.. rinse..wash... haihzzzz

here what it looks like when washed...i found that Meguiar's GC wash is good... its different.. in a good way... yeah from the GIANT car wash i use to use...

after wash then realize... my paint so damn fugly.... under hot sun... :(

then....claying... applying the quik detailer make the claying process much2 easier... as the clay will just glide smoothly...beginer also look like pro when u clay ur car... neighbour will go like " what r u doing there??" hehhehehhe

tips: just glide the clay.. dont put presssure..or too much... lubricate sufficently...

the clay before

the clay after running on my so-called-clean hood

hood after clay

the waxing... heheh i found that meg gc wax is much2 thicker and harder to apply than the KIT i use to use.... mebbe due to the content of the wax made it that way... but.. applying a thin layer of wax is easier since the wax is thicker and harder to pick-up to the sponge... so every swipe is a thin swipe...

final result..

with flash...

with out flash

over all... i am so happy with Meguiar's Product... and i am in dire need of ROB so that can cut time applying wax... and can apply evenly too..

oh lasty.. i thing i like meg wax is... it makes my evo3 vent darker when applied with wax.. not like those el-chepo wax... that makes it gray/yellow..

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
Enjoying reading ur write-up.

Keep it on! You can also try polish before apply wax.

P/S: You can also post it in Meguiar's forum so that pro there can give some comment on it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
Anyone knows where can i change car locks at and how much do they cost? Do they change the whole locking mechanism or just the key hole ?

Thanks guys !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience