Final fifth generation BMW 3-series rolls out from Kulim

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

BMW Group Malaysia has sold 10,473 units of the E9x 3-series in Malaysia. From that figure, 8,930 units were assembled locally, in BMW’s assembly plant in Kulim. It was the first BMW to have ever been locally assembled, with production beginning as early as 2006 at the Associated Motor Industries (AMI) plant in Shah Alam, before moving in 2008 to their current location in the Inokom Corporation Plant.

The assembly line facilities in Kulim is said to be as advanced as any other BMW production facility, anywhere in the world and the fifth generation 3-series was a key catalyst for significant investments into Malaysia by the German marque. Besides the introduction of new technologies, best standards and practices, the assembly plant also created over 400 skilled and professional job opportunities for Malaysians.

With the last 3-series to leave the assembly line in Kulim, it is clear that the highly anticipated sixth generation 3-series will soon arrive on our shores. The new car is expected to raise the benchmark of its predecessor even further, becoming a core contributor to BMW Group Malaysia’s profitability in the years to come.

Attachments

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
izzit got power window problem, like proton? i dun think so, definately (5 kali tukar maaa)

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
its pure crap....dam it bought new e90 320d... used for 2 days got wierd noise from back the moment speed touches 120km/h... send back to bmw n said that they forgot to put silicon gam at the mirror rubers n the head of after sales said what do u aspect from local assemble... i was like wtf??

prince of speed

Known Member
Apr 1, 2006
its pure crap....dam it bought new e90 320d... used for 2 days got wierd noise from back the moment speed touches 120km/h... send back to bmw n said that they forgot to put silicon gam at the mirror rubers n the head of after sales said what do u aspect from local assemble... i was like wtf??
Wow really?? from a BMW??? i was just about to say since the Germanese trust the Malaysian to assemble it why cant we. But we still far away huh?

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
what different between cbu and ckd?how much different in price both car?ckd assembly in tak apa attitude?walau...better consider to fully cbu than ckd lol...

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
honestly guys its better to get germany build version than being fix by some local dick head....dono what will come out anytime u drive....want to hear another stupid joke...my friend beemer when driving feels it pulls towards the right... i was like beemer has allingment issue....n as i came out i realized the tyre was on run flat...so to prove my point i went to nearest petrol pump n force air in...n i could clearly see there was a hole n could feel the air coming out.... told him to take to beemer SC as the screen was not showing in the car status as running flat.....after 2 hours dono wtf the tested...they told him its just low pressure n case close... n my poor friend was driving around for 2 days till i met him again...n guess what.. the entire tyre was getting damage... i personally took the car my self to the same SC n they told me the same shit....i told him to jeck the car... force pump air n make them see the hole and air preasure leaking....this is how stupid can some technician be....and this took place in sungai besi SC...

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wow... I'm pretty surprised to read about the quality of CKD Beemers here in Malaysia. Anyone else have any stories to share?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello... i'm got 1 big problem with my WIRAEVO3. My car only at car park for about 2 years coz i'm not around. After 2 years come back then kenot start. All of Power Distribution tested to my friend SATRIAEVO3, same engine. ECU, Distributor, Power Transistor, Spark Plug+cable+Coil. Starter funtion normally, but no spark from plug cable.
If got any sugestion to dis prob. pm me. Thank U bery mac.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience