Fifth Gear Season 12 thread

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

infernaL

2,000 RPM
http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=20716 said:
[12x01] September 3rd, 2007

Returning to Five for its 12th series, Fifth Gear promises more facts and essential information than ever before about the most important new cars, along with the usual mix of stunts and challenges that push cars and presenters to their limits. With the presenters desperate to top their action-packed exploits last time around, this series promises to be the most thrilling yet.

Tiff Needell kicks off the series in style with the fastest car in the world – the Bugatti Veyron. As well as a breathtaking road test on public streets, Tiff takes the Veyron to a circuit for the first ever televised track test of this £890,000 beast.

Elsewhere, Jonny Smith tests a potential revolution in city transport – the Mitsubishi i. Ten inches shorter than a Mini, yet able to seat four adults in comfort, the car is a massive hit in the congested streets of Japan.

One man who may need a slightly larger vehicle, however, is England rugby star and ‘Dancing on Ice’ supremo Kyran Bracken. Kyran will be joining the Fifth Gear team to take some circuit-driving tuition from Jason Plato, before being let loose in an open-wheeled racing car that will accelerate from 0-62mph in just 2.9 seconds! It is the toughest challenge ever set to a Fifth Gear guest, and will illustrate just how difficult it is to be a racing driver.

Also in the series opener, Tom Ford tests the sexy new Maserati GranTurismo coupe on the stunning roads of Italy; while Vicki Butler-Henderson finds out which car is the quicker – the brand new Audi S5 or the BMW 335i.

veyron and grantourismo ? sweeetnesss

Sounds yummy. More Tiff, less gay celebrity guests I say.

Haha, I agree.

Unfortunately that's a long shot. Even for Top Gear who used to do a lot of that.

Wow...they started the season brilliantly again. It must be all downhill from here, just like the last time around.

Loved the whole Bugatti segment. Didn't really give a shit about the celeb challenge. The i was great. The double decker smart was just silly. Vicki and the S4 and 335i was meh. Oh but the Maserati Granturismo was super sexy!

lol there actually was a comparison test made ! sweet

id say the Granturismo segment was better made then the Veyron, both amazing in their own rights but id say the episode was just ok, thanks to next week's preview at the end of the show. 911 vs R8.

Fifth Gear conducts an intriguing crash test this week, posing the question: are you safer in a big old car, or a small new one? The team crashes a 15-year-old Volvo 940 estate – for many people the epitome of a solid and safe family car – into a three-year-old Renault Modus, notable as the first small car to earn a maximum five star safety rating from the European New Car Assessment Program (Euro NCAP). Which car will emerge in one piece? The surprising results show that only one of the drivers would have stood a strong chance of survival.

Meanwhile, Jason Plato puts the car of the moment, the Audi R8, through its paces by racing it against Tiff Needell in a Porsche 911. Which of these two super coupes is quickest, and which handles the best?

Elsewhere, Jonny Smith road tests the ultimate cabriolet: the £330,000, 207 mph Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR Roadster. This carbon-fibre supercar is made in Woking, at the same factory that produces Lewis Hamilton’s Formula One car.

Also this week, the show follows comedian and ‘Phoenix Nights’ star Patrick McGuinness as he takes his motorbike test. Paddy’s usual line in bravado and banter makes way for genuine nerves. Will this Easy Rider-wannabe pass the real thing?

Plus, Vicki Butler-Henderson finds out if – as Peugeot claim – their new 207 GTi is as exhilarating to drive as the 20-year-old hot hatch grand master, the 205GTi. She takes to the glorious twisting roads of Wales to drive an immaculately restored example of the classic 205, before sliding behind the wheel of its successor – with fascinating results.

[12x02] September 10th, 2007 - FinalGear.com Forums

SLR and R8 vs 911.

Jason Plato finds out just how fast cricketer Shane Warne is on a track. Jonny Smith and Tom Ford battle it out to decide which is best - a diesel Mini Cooper or petrol one. Can a bunch of 13-year-olds design a road junction better than the Highways Agency? It's Britain vs Japan as Vicki Butler-Henderson races the British and Japanese versions of the Honda Civic Type R to find out which is quickest. Plus Tiff Needell drives the Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera.

[12x03] September 17th, 2007 - FinalGear.com Forums

Superleggera and Type R showdown

i like where this season is heading, for now at least lol

Top Bottom