Fan controller / Fan Mod?

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Any review on this topic?

By the way, what's the normal water temp reading for city and highway drive?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hi jason,

I use the PFC to set my fans. Currently set at 80-85-90 and so far i get 80-85 on normal driving. 90 when i gun it. This is on the stock radiator without undertray. I'm waiting to install my 3 turn aluminium radiator and undertray to see if there is any difference.

I would suggest you get a fan controller or even better opt for programmable ecu as it really does save you in terms on engine damage etc. Besides that you can control many parameters like oiling and fans.

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
phat7 said:
Hi jason,

I use the PFC to set my fans. Currently set at 80-85-90 and so far i get 80-85 on normal driving. 90 when i gun it. This is on the stock radiator without undertray. I'm waiting to install my 3 turn aluminium radiator and undertray to see if there is any difference.

I would suggest you get a fan controller or even better opt for programmable ecu as it really does save you in terms on engine damage etc. Besides that you can control many parameters like oiling and fans.
PFC? Pivot fan controller? HMmm which model are you using? I have a PFC Gauge X.

By the way, I konw that by default at 82d the first fan will start blowing. What about the 2nd fan?

Another thing is you control the PFC to start blowing at 80-85-90? PLs advice on this issue... :p

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i run standalone mate sorry for using acronyms. PFC= Apexi Power FC

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
phat7 said:
i run standalone mate sorry for using acronyms. PFC= Apexi Power FC

Hmmmm Ohhh... How's this PFC unit. Any comment? By the way, how much is this PFC?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
There are couple of fd's runnng pfc's. I like it coz its user friendly. Coupled with a datalogging feature i can tune heaps of parameters by laptop. There are many standalone ecu's available out there but many require installation of their own sensors etc. I do not like the idea of redoing the wiring. The pfc is also the only one that monitors you oil metering pump unlike others. A brand new unit goes for bout 3800. It is important to order by year as the fd's have 3 ecu models. I run Z006 which is version 6 the last model.

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
yo

anybody know how to switch on the pivot fan controller ...

thanks

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
reartyre said:
anybody know how to switch on the pivot fan controller ...

thanks
I dont think there is a ON/OFF button for this unit. The power is wire to the 12v wire. Check your wiring....

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
where to do the wiring in kl .... btw anybody have the fd ori steering ... one wit the efini emblem non-airbag ...

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
reartyre said:
where to do the wiring in kl .... btw anybody have the fd ori steering ... one wit the efini emblem non-airbag ...
heh heh... i got that exact steering u just mentioned!! :biggrin:

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
aiyo... u wanna buy for what? ur's is nice oredi wat... if i sell, then i use what? kekeke... u wanna consider trade ka? PM me ur conditions lorr... i'll try to consider... :tee:

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
sorry for reviving an old thread but im wanting to do this mod on wanted to see if anyone here has done it :

http://www.fd3s.net/fan_mod.html

...There is a single black wire (with connector) coming out of the ECU that is not attached to anything. To test the fans you need to attach this wire to ground for two minutes while the car is running. With the wire still grounded, turn the car off and the fans will stay on. After 30 seconds, un-ground the wire and the fans switch to low speed. The fans stay on for ten minutes....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's eye-catching, well-designed and worth £500,000.

No, not the car ... the number plate. Businessman Afzal Kahn's delight was in overdrive on Sunday after he bought F1 - Britain's most expensive registration.

The 37-year-old custom car tycoon got the plate for £440,625 - £375,000 plus VAT - and other charges took the total to around half a million pounds.

It beat the previous...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience