Is there a new ardent FC3S-Mazdaspeed fan in town?

jdmparts

Dec 21, 2005
RX7 Enthusiasts,

I can't help but notice that over the Labour Day holiday weekend, someone with megabucks snapped up some nice Mazdaspeed options for FC3s. These items which have been on offer in Zth's Marketplace for some time already were out of the blue all mopped up from the market at around the same time. These includes:-

1) Shocks & spring (chop shop condition), seller asking for RM1,000
2) Front strut bar (fair used condition), seller asking for RM500
3) Rear strut bar (fair used condition but missing brackets), seller asking for RM400
4) Steering wheel with carbon ring (fair used condition), seller asking for RM550

Although the last of the above items is not a FC3S specific option but it was sold by the same seller as items 2&3, at around the same time; and hence, presumably to the same customer. Those who are familiar with these used Mazdaspeed options would agree that the asking prices are not exactly 'lelong' offers. So who is that new eager FC3S-Mazdaspeed fan out there with a pocket to match???

Is the buyer preparing for show at this weekend's street party in Sunway??? I've been told that a seldom seen red FC3S in 'almost' showroom condition would be turning up at the party but I'm quite sure that this is not the buyer of the above items last weekend as it was already with Mazdaspeed struts and steering when I caught glimpse of that red baron about a year ago.

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
May have been a Singaporean you know * Grape Vine Chatter i Overheard.

jdmparts

Dec 21, 2005
Bro80,

You may well be right my friend if the lines you have access to are indeed reliable. I was always under the impression that the only FC3S's that excite people in Singland are scaled plastic or diecast models rather than the real 1:1 beast and our neighbours across the causeway are also never too hot with Mazdaspeed so much so that its dealer on the island could not do well (if they are still around) despite of its tax free locality.

Like I said, you may well be right. Life is full of surprises!

Last edited:

maxezin

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
Bro ,

Mazdaspeed parts are not that easy to get ,but i ve got a share of mine on my Fc3s all top and below bars from Japan .

Its nice to see these parts on the rx7 ,anyone got any ms01 wheels for sale??

Thankz

Bump: Bro JDM ,

Hehehe to give you a clear picture ,theres 7 rx7 fc3s running in Singland,one of it a nice stock cabrio.

All these fc3s are running super well here due to parts avaibility from Japan and Malaysia .

Owners here are super fussy on the Fc ,some running RE-Amemiya,R magic and mazdaspeed kit .

We have alot of mixtures here ,most doing street duties ,as for , im doing track and street .

Maybe we need a meetup between us hehhehe

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
I myself am an ardent fan of the FC3S. Had a Mark 5 (Year of build: 1991) GTR spec.

But life is never fair is it. Sold it to a mate of mine. HAHA.

We should meet up with the Singaporean Rotary crew, just to compare notes and anecdotes on the evils of the rotary disease. : )

I have an FD now but FCs still rock the world!

jdmparts

Dec 21, 2005
Bro maxezin,

Wow, your FC is well loaded with Mazdaspeed stuff. Come to Sunway this weekend and get your FC members to join as well. I'm sure they would be welcomed to the street party.

Bro 80,

You must have an iron heart to let go a Mark V. There are only a handful of original Mark V FCs running about town. Many people make the mistake of thinking that by just upgrading their engines they can transform a IV to V. It is quite difficult to make a complete conversion and no matter how hard one tries, the chassis number remains telling.

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Yea JDM, tell me about it....

It aches still when I see the Mark 5.

Are you one of the organizers for the Sunway event?

jdmparts

Dec 21, 2005
Are you one of the organizers for the Sunway event?
Bro 80,

No, no I've nothing to do with organizing the coming Street Party. I'm just following it with keen interests. I've had 2 FDs and a Mk IV FC at different times in the past; but each time after a short spell, I would lose them to offers at Ah Choy's that I could not refuse. I am holding on to a Mk V registered in my name but I'm not driving it. I do not want to sell but allowed someone I trust to use the car. I'm quite happy to see him maintaining and improving on the FC quite well .

BTW on the mysterious grabber of FC Mazdaspeed options from the market, the latest lead I have is purchaser from Brunei.

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
yeah.. rub it in.. u still aches.. sigh
HAHAHA....

Different people, different taste k..

Bump:
Bro 80,

No, no I've nothing to do with organizing the coming Street Party. I'm just following it with keen interests. I've had 2 FDs and a Mk IV FC at different times in the past; but each time after a short spell, I would lose them to offers at Ah Choy's that I could not refuse. I am holding on to a Mk V registered in my name but I'm not driving it. I do not want to sell but allowed someone I trust to use the car. I'm quite happy to see him maintaining and improving on the FC quite well .

BTW on the mysterious grabber of FC Mazdaspeed options from the market, the latest lead I have is purchaser from Brunei.
HAHA...good for him then.

Any choice parts for FDs then? I need to pmp my ride too

: )

maxezin

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
Bro JDM ,

Whats there this Sunday ?Maybe i can jio some of the guys there but its abit too late to get everyone there by now.

Yup here , theres only 1 mark 5 GTR spec but its already totally converted to full track car with 13brew :P but still retains its number plate for daily driven .

Most are mark 4 here ,no infini at all :)

Bump: Bro , i wonder if you all can do a Sepang track meetup and do the track .

How much will it costs ,let me know.Do we need alot of cars or we can enter any open track session?

Im itchy to try out my FC there

jdmparts

Dec 21, 2005
Bro 80,

I did not keep any FD stuff. However, I can give you this lead. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a set of white face RE meter cluster for FD at Ah Choy. I'm not sure whether it has been sold.

Bro maxezin,

The details of the street party are at this thread:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/[email protected]

coolblue

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
matsuda speed ?
nothing to shout about ~~
struts bar are just cusco rebadge.

jdmparts

Dec 21, 2005
Bro Cool,

Really meh? If nothing special, why got market talk that you've sold your very beautiful Mk V FC and yet the only things you kept from the car are those Mazdaspeed struts.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifu....

i hv a mod car but now got bit problem here hope all sifu can gv me a idea here thank you very much.......

when my car rav till 5k rpm (sometime start fr 4k+) it always not smoth n some times sounds like "PopPopPop ...." can any1 help me out ???
tried out used to control the fuel but still the same - or + fuel also same ...... change the plug n cable also the same.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience