F5M22 gearbox speed sensor... how to take out.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Hi Guys,

Need some help if possible as I have googled, searched and dig even service manual but did not come out with any answers.

Problem:
Putra speedometer does not work

Things done so far:
I have taken out the speedometer cable and it does turn
I have manually turn the meter and the speed does increase.

Final Verdict:
The *dunno what to call it* at the gearbox end where the speedometer connects does not turn (tested with car jacked up and engine running with gears engaged.)

Question:
Is it possible to replace just that *dunno what to call it* and if yes, how to take it out (there is a nut and i have taken the nut out but cannot seem to pull it out.)

Any help on this is much appreciated.

ruckboyz_85

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
Just untighten the bolt..but i recommended to you to spray it with WD-40 / antirust spray first..then rotate that thing left and right..try to pull out the thing while you are rotating the stuff..quite easy to pull out if there is no dust clogged..but if there are dust blocking, need your muscle to pull it out..the gears are made from plastic..if the gears are damaged, try ask spare parts shop for replace..count the gear teeth for confirmation..you can go to proton parts at glenmarie also..if the gears are locally made, the price will reasonable..but, if the gears are made in japan, the price will be extremely insane..u also can use from others proton/mitsu gearbox from workshop or halfcut..or alternatively find your friends workshop that has kong gearbox..the only thing you need to verify is the gear teeth number..if same, you can use it..

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
awesome, thanks for the guidance. Finally got the thing out.

But slightly different method. the beast method was applied after trying your method.

Was moving it left and right while pulling the cable but failed so i tried to hentam the thing out from the bottom (silly mistake cause the plastic broke.... I SWEAR I DID NOT KNOW THE WHOLE THING WAS PLASTIC)

So ended up i kasi tarik from the top using the cable till the cable broke then i kasi pasang motorbike cable and pull with a metal rod as leverage. Finally got it out.

Will try to find replacement and update on the pricing so the community here benefit from it.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
went to few spare part shop and they dun carry this item.... guess its something that dun break often.

ended up at chop shop, paid RM50 and installed it
working like a charm now.

For those with "dancing" meter where the speedometer keeps jumping up and down unstable, try changing this speed sensor also. may help.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys anyone know what bucket seats and runners will fit the proton satria neo 2009?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience