F1 off-season news

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
heard and read from the radio and papers

BAR will squeeze info on ferrari from Ruben for next season, wonder how much will it help BAR?

Adrian Newey switch to Red Bull Racing - can McLaren still maintain their performance?

and any body have USD10M to sponsor Karthikeyan?

any other news?

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Yeah...

Jacques villeneuve position of securing a seat is still not confirm woo....

Where will petronas go ???

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Adrian Newey switching is the hottest news for me, he is a great engineer that design so many winning car for Willianms, McLaren in the past.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Shit...sounds like bad news for McLaren fans. Newey is great. His work on the MP4-20 being the latest example. A large chink in the armour.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
McLaren shall have 1 more year in their pocket, coz Newey shall have completed 2006 car for McLaren before he left.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Development of an F1 car is constant throughout the season. Sure, he would have left McLaren with his latest work for 2006 but McLaren will be without his guidance and know how as the season progresses. Unless they get someone with similar experience in.

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
Iam sure McLaren wont want to shoot them self in the foot by not finding a good enough replacement .. I means last season was considered one of their best seasons in terms of performace of the car ...

Jensen Button made some sexist coments on females wanting to be in a F1 racing team .. he said they would find it unconfortable in such a tight space with their boobs and all .. and added every 1 weeks in a month they would be in a foul mood .. lols ... jansen sure has a way with babes .. :biggrin:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
hope that redbull have enough budget for Newey to release "Spec-B" car at the second half season.

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Renault will be testing a 'restricted' V10 engine because their new V8 engine is not due to debut until next January.

Toyota confirms they will use Bridgestone tyres for 2006. Reasons for the switch is because of their strong ties in motorsports such as GT Racing in Japan and in IRL in the U.S.

Jenson is an example of a male chauvinist pig.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
I believe Toyota's (and serveral F1 team) tyre choice switching have to do with FIA 2008 planning for single tyre supplier rule, which is more likely to be Bridgestone. Team will definately wanted to adopt to Bridgestone tyre as earlier as possible.

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
fisichella got ticket for speeding, 140kmh on 40kmh area, with my kid got sick excuse, and they took his licence also

but the best part was rene arnoux, speeding 290kmh on 90kmh zone, that's absolutely worth it

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Michelin to withdraw end of 2006

The FIA's decision to have a single tyre supplier for 2008 is likely to happen a year earlier because of Michelin's withdrawal from Formula 1.

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Slipknot Fanatic said:
The FIA's decision to have a single tyre supplier for 2008 is likely to happen a year earlier because of Michelin's withdrawal from Formula 1.
wah...

all will be slow runner la, but no excuse not to race anymore

heard narain karthikeyan was given a trial the other day, don't know with which team

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
ALONSO JOINs McLaren !!!!

Alonso joins McLaren
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=105744

"The McLaren team has signed 2005 World Champion Fernando Alonso. The Spaniard will join McLaren in 2007 when Vodafone becomes the team's title sponsor. "I'm very excited about 2007," said Alonso.

McLaren's team principal and chairman, Ron Dennis, commented on signing the youngest Formula One World Champion ever: "Its great that our strong belief in the strength and competitiveness of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes package has been further endorsed by the World Champion. We always make it clear that we want to be the best and the only way of achieving this objective is by attracting the best people, the best drivers and the best sponsors. To be able to announce Vodafone as only McLaren's third title partner in more than 30 years and Fernando's employment within only a few days is fantastic news for the team, our Partners, Formula One and the fans."

McLaren did not comment on driver speculations for 2007. "We are in discussions with our current drivers' Kimi Raikkonen and Juan Pablo Montoya regarding the 2007 season," continues Ron Dennis. "Both Juan Pablo and Kimi are extremely talented, professional and competitive Formula One drivers and they have and will continue to concentrate on our joint challenge for the Championships."

Fernando Alonso commented about signing at McLaren: "To become part of a team with such a desire to succeed and passion for performance is a dream come true for any Formula One driver. "I'm very excited about 2007 and the fantastic opportunity to drive for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. It will be a new beginning for me and a tremendous challenge and from what I have heard about this exciting new partnership there is something to look forward to. Obviously I will be sad to leave Renault but sometimes possibilities come along which are just too good to miss. I'm pleased that we are able to make this announcement already now as it will allow my current team and I to focus 100 per cent on defending the World Championships next year."

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
i hope Kimi goes to Renault. Iam saying this cause if kimi and alanso are both in the same team, there will be too much of a dominance by a team and F1 will in turn become to boring. Besides only 1 driver can be the World Champion, and iam sure alanso`s contract would require some serious $$$ and having kimi onboard at the same time .. thats gonna be mighty expensive.

:biggrin: nather the less .. renault will surely find a suitable replacement .. Alex Yoong .. lols .. :turtle:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
They are really trying to recreate Senna vs Prost, aren't they?

I can't imagine Raikkonen being comfortable with this piece of news. Does this point at Kimi going to Ferrari like was speculated earlier?

Oh bugger...this just screws everything. I was supposed to dislike Alonso and like Raikkonen and hate Ferrari and Renault...but now, everything has gone topsy turvy...oh my head!

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
either one of them will leave mclaren... JPM or Kimi.... if kimi partner alonso, then it would really be one big dominance....

i would love to see kimi go ferrari... but i would be darn torn between supporting my favourite driver kimi, and my favourite team mclaren... gggrrrrrr.........

aiyah.. dunno la.. i just really like the idea of alonso coming to mclaren, although he had won the championship.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Halo bro....
Can any help me....
I have a mitsubishi triton l200
i have just installed a blowoff valve but it does not blowoff
do any of u guys know wer to coonect the pressure pipe.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience