.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

edwardgth

Known Member
Feb 20, 2007
Dear sifu's,

I'm currently wondering if my exhaust system is right and would appreciate if you could help me verify. I'm running a 4G93 SOHC with PNP, adjustable cam pulley and FPR. My current exhaust setup is 4-2-1, swirl type bullet and s-flow muffler. The pipe size from the manifold to the muffler is 2" in diameter.

I'm uncertain if my current exhaust setup is causing too much back pressure as I feel the car is very sluggish as I reach 5500 rpm.

Your input is much appreciated.

Cheers
Edward

wongtheboy92

Nov 27, 2011
Sabah
Any experienced myvi users with 1.3 auto tranny had modified their exhaust system to increase top speed? Is that necessary the cat-con to be removed? Thanks, all sifus...

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,
Need clarification... which is the best setup for satria neo manual. now using 4-2-1 stainless steel extractor,1 midbullet, 2.0inch straight pipe goes under the fuel tank and a muffler with 2.2inch inlet or just using the current setup but the exhaust piping follows the original route which got bent 90degree before the fuel tank. Btw, my fuel consumption is very bad i think (but the fuel consumption indicator shows 5.9l/100km). I manage to finish RM30 RON97 within 2 working days which is around 44km per day. Or it is because the engine oil?? using motul fully synthetic 10w40v?
Thank you.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,
Need clarification... which is the best setup for satria neo manual. now using 4-2-1 stainless steel extractor,1 midbullet, 2.0inch straight pipe goes under the fuel tank and a muffler with 2.2inch inlet or just using the current setup but the exhaust piping follows the original route which got bent 90degree before the fuel tank. Btw, my fuel consumption is very bad i think (but the fuel consumption indicator shows 5.9l/100km). I manage to finish RM30 RON97 within 2 working days which is around 44km per day. Or it is because the engine oil?? using motul fully synthetic 10w40v?
Thank you.
Definitely w/o bend is better. And I say go for a larger diameter for better top end engine breathing.

Eh you pump RON97, which is equivalent to 11 litres. you travelled 88km. So 1 litre for roughly 8km which is normal.

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Definitely w/o bend is better. And I say go for a larger diameter for better top end engine breathing.

Eh you pump RON97, which is equivalent to 11 litres. you travelled 88km. So 1 litre for roughly 8km which is normal.
so rm30 ron97 for 88km is considered normal lah..
bro, mind to tell why larger diameter pipe? my friend said, 2.0inch is just nice for 1.6l modified car. even he uses 1.8inch diameter pipe after midbullet...the bigger diameter, the slower exhaust flow.
thanks.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
so rm30 ron97 for 88km is considered normal lah..
bro, mind to tell why larger diameter pipe? my friend said, 2.0inch is just nice for 1.6l modified car. even he uses 1.8inch diameter pipe after midbullet...the bigger diameter, the slower exhaust flow.
thanks.
Yea 2.0" would be good. Helps top end engine breathing. Too small a diameter and the top end RPM the engine would not be dispersing the exhaust gases fast enough.

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
Hi,
Thank you.
mr kagero.....i m also use satria neo...the set up also same but not use straight under tank...follow the original route....after do some modification do u adjust ur ecu?...some advice to check ecu after do exhaust modification....for me...i just adjust my idle timing and ignition timing....the mech said normal idling should aroung 599 like that la...i also not understand what they saying

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if u planning on manufacturing it i dont think there is a market for in in MY. its too expensive.
id go for trust evo7-9 if i had the $$$, close rm700-900 for exhaust only, halfcut condition.

yc87

Jan 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
guys i have a question on o2 sensor relocation...

current 4-2-1 extractor is having the sensor on the (4) which i think isnt giving an accurate reading as after a while the ecu relearns (goodness knows what) and it seems to be burning not very well (exhaust smells rich):banghead:
do you think its possible / good idea if i close off the hole on the (4) and at the (1) [just after the 2-1 collector and before the nanas] chop off a 1 inch section and weld on back a 1 inch section with the hole for the o2 sensor (perhaps from stock extractor)

sifus please help share your thoughts

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if it was me i'll put the o2 sensor at location (1) :adore:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All...

Can Anybody help me.. My car use 4g91 injection.. Top Speed 140km/j.. Usually standard 4g91 is 180km/j. My plug colour is white.. That's mean fuel not enough support.. How can i solve this problem.. it's make me headache. Anyone can help me please...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience