EVOI check engine light

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
hello guys. Have question on evo I.

It was OK after the convertion. But only got this problem lately.

The boost doesnt come on time. Sometimes 3.5K rpm full boost sometimes may be 4K-5K.
The car feels laggish compare to last time.

Sometimes after boosting, the check engine light will be on.
Then when idle, RPM will be less than 1K. The car will be shaking.
Throttle becomes heavier. Can acccelerate but rpm takes very long to build up.

After body has any idea whats happening?

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
how long since u change the engine? recently only this prob? ur wiring, 1 full set EVO o potong sambung? cause last time i know this guy change ECU 6 times, each time ECU goreng... then he went to HIPER n check... c c, the wiring potong sambung 1... max each ECU of his can b used like 6 month... after JOHN did the whole wiring, till now no problem... :smile: i suggest check ur wiring... its sumthing to do wit ur wiring i guess... cause u said there check light... im not sure, i can b wrong too... so its better u go n check wit ur mechanic o the place u changed ur engine..

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
Ok, a bit out of topic. Normally do you guys wait for the check engine light goes off first then only start the car or you guys don't bother at all?

Let say, if you wait untill the Check Engine light goes off, then start your car and you see the Check Engine light comes back for 1 or 2 seconds then goes off, what could be the problem? One of my friend ran into this problem and he has a direct fan and fuel pump, meaning that as soon as he start the ignition, the fan and the fuel pump will start to run. Will that be the cause?

Sorry S1997 for hijacking your thread :D

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
thats normal.. nothing to do wit the direct fan o pump... it doesnt effect the check light at all... yeah, normally after u start the car the check light will appear... not 4 long mayb like a blink of an eye... so tell ur fren dun worry... :biggrin: tell him only to b worried when the car is moving o idling n the check light comes out... :tee:

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
dev said:
thats normal.. nothing to do wit the direct fan o pump... it doesnt effect the check light at all... yeah, normally after u start the car the check light will appear... not 4 long mayb like a blink of an eye... so tell ur fren dun worry... :biggrin: tell him only to b worried when the car is moving o idling n the check light comes out... :tee:
Thanks Dev for the info. Well if the check engine light is on while u r driving and the car start to jerk, probably you can check the maf socket, it's loose. Had that shit before, and the first thing that popped up in my mind - ecu screwed, but luciky it was not.

Cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for new brake kit for my Adui A4 B5.
Any recommended brand?
Thank you :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience