stamen

Known Member
Jul 20, 2012
Wellington, NZ

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
evoscan's development of new product is just really slow, their android version has been in 'development' since 2011. emailed them twice and they never replied. kinda disappointed of their promises. otherwise it's cool and it'd be useful.
yea ive been waiting for android support since i got my cable. its a big job to try make somthing like that though and im not supprised he had to go down the custom build road. the cable actually is the host and the tablet the slave (because the tablet has to be a slave to be used via usb to a pc, which is why you cant just plug in a keyboard or mouse to your phone/tablet)

the new cables include 4x 0-5v inputs/outputs to take a input from a sensor, or output to a guage(im gussing) or use them as relay output for triggering relays/solinoids eg a boost control solinoid for running 2 different boost levels.

it also includes wifi and bluetooth support built into the cable to also have your pc veiwing data, a serial input for us ZT2 users to allow all zt2 sensors to log without using up the 0-5v inputs.

and you can get the whole kit, unit plus cable for under $200 NZD.

if i could find a way to din mount the unit i would be stoked, volume control it the only problem, i dont want to have to back out of the guages to turn the volume down

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
I havent orderd one yet.

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand

Poacher

Known Member
Nov 21, 2012
Auckland, NZ
Doh! Helps if i change it to nzd lol:banghead:
Yeh i have made that mistake on that guys website :(. Luckily i got a 1.3U cable from a mate cheap :D.

Thatevodroid looks cool, but i think it will take up too much room on my dash, plus ABS flashes when you have something constantly plugged into diagnose port.

Time for me to invest in oil pressure and water temp gauges :P

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
The flashing light can be disabled in evoscan. After some thought i decided i would mount it just in front of the cup holders facing up. Anything important will have an audible alarm running through the sterio as well as music. I hate guages they draw far too much unwanted attention. And for the cost of a good set of guages you could have this tablet. Do u run a wb02 poacher?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Everyone,

My battery went flat.
Got it hooked up to another car and now seems running fine.

I have not been using the car much over the last few days.

Could it have caused it? Am wondering could it be caused by frequent charging of my mobile in the car?

So, I hope to find out if life span of battery deteriorates with use of devices in the car plugged into the cigarette lighter socket.

Does using of ICE devices also would definitely shorten the battery life?

By the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience