evo 9 fuel consumption

carent9

Dec 30, 2009
Ya, need to make sure that you dun blow your engine by running too lean... this IS the problem if you have a turbo charged car....

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
6sp 3000 rpm 120kmp
5spd 3000 rpm 100 kmp
Bro, not all Mitsu Evo's 5-speed GB are the same.
Same goes for Mitsu Evo's 6-speed manual GB.
Some will share 1st and 2nd, but has different 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc... or other way around.
I did some research on my 5-speed GB, realized that Evo 4 has the lowest top speed, but Evo 7's 5-speed manual will give higher speed at the same RPM, more than any Mitsu 6-speed manual GB. Why??? Same final gear ratio, but Evo 7's 5th gear ratio is taller than Evo 8 & 9's 6th gear ratio.

Cheers =)

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
Bro, not all Mitsu Evo's 5-speed GB are the same.
Same goes for Mitsu Evo's 6-speed manual GB.
Some will share 1st and 2nd, but has different 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc... or other way around.
I did some research on my 5-speed GB, realized that Evo 4 has the lowest top speed, but Evo 7's 5-speed manual will give higher speed at the same RPM, more than any Mitsu 6-speed manual GB. Why??? Same final gear ratio, but Evo 7's 5th gear ratio is taller than Evo 8 & 9's 6th gear ratio.

Cheers =)
Well that explain why my 5th gear at 3k rpm the speed is around 120kmj. Thanks :adore:

sarawak

Oct 16, 2005
maybe a quite late to discuss, but for info sharing;

I never used ron95 to my e9...only ron 97 or Shell Vpower(Blue)....no issue on the fuel consumption....Most probably you r not done the tuning properly. There is so many thing that contibute to the fuel consumption;
I can easyly travel KL-ipoh with rm60 per trip, with 180km/h...so it is very cheap lor. I used to have satria last time, travel KL-Ipoh, also need to put rm60/ trip....with 2.5hour time.but e9 only 1.5 hour....hehehheheh..
so better to have a right fuel setting.

I used to service at AE-glenmarie...got one guy to setting oso..
can re-flash + tune ur engine...
maybe can try..

for me e9 is better consumption if you hv the right tuning.
Please don compare with kancil or kelisa fuel..this is totally difference story...
But i alway travel KL-ipoh...so fuel still the same i use for satria...ahahahhahh..

but please maintain the rutin maintenance...change oil filter/ minyak itam/ ays/ etc
also your tyre pressure....
no more car that better than evo9 broooo.........
see yaaaa.......... hahhah

stutzedward

May 27, 2009
Just sharing. I was running 1.3 bar with Ron 95 for over 3 years in my Airtrek. No problem at all... Driving at speed of 170kph @ 0.5 bar constant boost from Singapore to KL, no issues too. 4G63T is rock solid.

Wanna mod smthing.. Wat to mod?
Lowering spring which 1 good for waja?
APM 2 still got? I need 2 for my waja..

Me noob in exhaust system.. 4-2-1 izzit extract from engine? 4 pipes become 2 pipes then become 1? Air filter? Wat brand wor? Mushroom type?

Anyone know where to get/mod wide body? Like LanEvo the front wheel upper body part & back wheel upper body part.. I wan wide :P

Thanks for view and reply.. :lol: