Ever lost faith on your car??

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Well, easier to maintain the car then to pay the new car installments....:biggrin:

Mine coming 22 years and 12 years with it....:driver:
The thing is, new car no oomph, VR very oomph......:driver::biggrin:
both are so damn true...new cars just don't get yr blood boiling for no apparent reason just like a wife or an old time gf...they cost less and still get you going gaga just by being themselves.

so yes. i never loss faith in my girl nor my car.till death do us part no matter how bad things get, it can always be fixed.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
My car will be 16 years old this year. Quite young for a human being but for a car can be considered 'warga emas' already :biggrin:. I've owned it for about 3 years and spent quite a lot on maintenance and mod, not to mention countless hours spent in the workshop, DIY time and sitting in front of my PC finding info or reading the repair manual. But I think the knowledge that I gained is worth it.

There are times when I lost faith in it. For example, when receiving the repair receipt from workshop tauke... :banghead: Still, I don't think I'll let it go anytime soon. I'm not quite sure why...

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
reliability is not an issue now since getting 280whp 280nm low boost 330nm 300whp high boost,done several drag sesson, and i use it for daily drive..... lost faith is because, by the time u think she is perfect and reliable and ready for you to whack her, sometimes it just had some small problem caused you cant whack her, just like the period suddenly come:biggrin:
Exactly like a girl friend! when you think she give you no more headache, out of sudden she pissed you off. :rofl:
Good to know that you car is up to expectation. Perhaps, need to perfected the setup to avoid small problem turn big. As we know, for turbo cars, small problem can lead to bigger problem in no time.
Btw, nice monster power there. What is your zerotohundred timing?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
both are so damn true...new cars just don't get yr blood boiling for no apparent reason just like a wife or an old time gf...they cost less and still get you going gaga just by being themselves.

so yes. i never loss faith in my girl nor my car.till death do us part no matter how bad things get, it can always be fixed.
Yes, agree....

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

My car will be 16 years old this year. Quite young for a human being but for a car can be considered 'warga emas' already :biggrin:. I've owned it for about 3 years and spent quite a lot on maintenance and mod, not to mention countless hours spent in the workshop, DIY time and sitting in front of my PC finding info or reading the repair manual. But I think the knowledge that I gained is worth it.

There are times when I lost faith in it. For example, when receiving the repair receipt from workshop tauke... :banghead: Still, I don't think I'll let it go anytime soon. I'm not quite sure why...
That is the fun part, modding at the workshop. When I first got sight of my engine transplant is like new father waiting for first born....:rofl: Then the tedious and fun part of adding this mod and that mod, but every time you test and savor it, you are on a high....:driver:
If buy new car cannot touch anything.....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The thing is, new car no oomph, VR very oomph......:driver::biggrin:
Your car different ma, vr turbo, I also wont let go lo :rofl:

If you can be that loyal to a car, I think in person itself, you should be quite loyal to almost anything eh? :biggrin:

When my family decided to sell the Sentra last time where I use to drive to college, I felt
reluctant as well even now when plan to sell of my current car. Except the only car I'm willing
to let go for a better car is the BLM :rofl:

Is a fine car but then just kinda not really nice to drive. Want to have fun driving it, gonna sacrifice
lots of fuel. So, consider as lost faith or just looking for something better.

Yes, agree....

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

That is the fun part, modding at the workshop. When I first got sight of my engine transplant is like new father waiting for first born....:rofl: Then the tedious and fun part of adding this mod and that mod, but every time you test and savor it, you are on a high....:driver:
If buy new car cannot touch anything.....:banghead:
True, new car cant touch anything unless one is not even bothered about warranty and just go
all out.

When my car passed its warranty few years back, the feeling was like as though I got my 1st
key at 21 years old. IS like, is time to do what I want for this car :biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

16 years? huhu, my wife turning 20 this years dy, lol , antique car

supra : i currently have 1 saga flx cvt to drive, current mileage not over 8300km, what my expression on it is, it is damn bad, in that mileage, powersteering giving problem, leaking cant be seen at the pump and the steering damn heavy compared to fren's blm....cvt gearbox made the 1.3 poweroutput sot sot, sometimes when u press accelerator, got "N/A" lag... and feel like the clutch slipping while the car accelerate and move, but sometimes it is ok.... but i cant compromise it is a budget daily driven car.... but must fix the suspension, this car make me feel like the spring is too stiff and bumpy but the absorber cant hold it in place, keep floating up and down even on smooth road, make me everytime drive it feel dizzy

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

and btw, current car is consider 21th years old "present" from parent..lolz... since they agree to use my name on the geran..

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Wow...$$$$??lots of it....time??equally d same if x more...end result/satisfaction??guaranteed...bro's I salute u all...me?my car older then eldest daughter...3rd hand some more hehe...but got it already modded/converted..been driving it for about 16yrs now...problems?of coz..lots...$$$ spent??yeah...but love it to bits...nearly sold it coz pressure from parents n d wife (change mpv since got 4 kids oredi)...then car broke down..spent 3 months in workshop n I was about 7k poorer...

So decided to keep it...think about it I'm happy I x sell it...so sayang..all d heart, d tears n d sweat...probably drive it til 1 of us 'die' 1st hehehe...

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Wow...$$$$??lots of it....time??equally d same if x more...end result/satisfaction??guaranteed...bro's I salute u all...me?my car older then eldest daughter...3rd hand some more hehe...but got it already modded/converted..been driving it for about 16yrs now...problems?of coz..lots...$$$ spent??yeah...but love it to bits...nearly sold it coz pressure from parents n d wife (change mpv since got 4 kids oredi)...then car broke down..spent 3 months in workshop n I was about 7k poorer...

So decided to keep it...think about it I'm happy I x sell it...so sayang..all d heart, d tears n d sweat...probably drive it til 1 of us 'die' 1st hehehe...
This is what we call 'True Love'. ~ Till Death Do Us Apart ~ :driver:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point

supra : i currently have 1 saga flx cvt to drive, current mileage not over 8300km, what my expression on it is, it is damn bad, in that mileage, powersteering giving problem, leaking cant be seen at the pump and the steering damn heavy compared to fren's blm....cvt gearbox made the 1.3 poweroutput sot sot, sometimes when u press accelerator, got "N/A" lag... and feel like the clutch slipping while the car accelerate and move, but sometimes it is ok.... but i cant compromise it is a budget daily driven car.... but must fix the suspension, this car make me feel like the spring is too stiff and bumpy but the absorber cant hold it in place, keep floating up and down even on smooth road, make me everytime drive it feel dizzy

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

and btw, current car is consider 21th years old "present" from parent..lolz... since they agree to use my name on the geran..
since then all proton cars have problem, heard rumors :listen: that preve is tangkap muat janji siap punya projek, no doubt proton body design is o.k, but accessories & engine :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
since then all proton cars have problem, heard rumors :listen: that preve is tangkap muat janji siap punya projek, no doubt proton body design is o.k, but accessories & engine :banghead:
Preve got problem?

Saga BLM having LAG is kinda norm to me, it just wont respond immediately even after stepping on full throttle. It lags, which is why I drive by dropping gears at the right time to get some
extra pulling power or better responds. Much fun to drive then if not, is a total plain boring car.

Like u said daily car, suspension wise/handling seriously have to upgrade, stock is just not
the thing. go beyond 110km/h the car dun feel very stable. Might be on straight road, when come
to corners, u will freak out.

Never thought FLX with CVT also will have lags.

Which is why I lost faith to this BLM :frown:

But then, I guess i have faith in my other 2 cars, kelisa when I bought, she is already 6 years old, so guess is gonna follow me "Till death do us part" :biggrin:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Preve got problem?

Saga BLM having LAG is kinda norm to me, it just wont respond immediately even after stepping on full throttle. It lags, which is why I drive by dropping gears at the right time to get some
extra pulling power or better responds. Much fun to drive then if not, is a total plain boring car.

Like u said daily car, suspension wise/handling seriously have to upgrade, stock is just not
the thing. go beyond 110km/h the car dun feel very stable. Might be on straight road, when come
to corners, u will freak out.

Never thought FLX with CVT also will have lags.

Which is why I lost faith to this BLM :frown:

But then, I guess i have faith in my other 2 cars, kelisa when I bought, she is already 6 years old, so guess is gonna follow me "Till death do us part" :biggrin:
i'm waiting for perodua sedan, heard that it is in the making & yes kelisa is the best k-car around:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i'm waiting for perodua sedan, heard that it is in the making & yes kelisa is the best k-car around:smokin:
Ya, Kelisa, totally won't sell it. Nice to drive and yet maintenance low. FC also good.

Perodua Coupe?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Ya la...x $$$ to upgrade engine but then again happy in stock form (except for minor2 upgrades n bolt ons la)..worse to worst just 'change baju' aka respray hehehe...lucky for me I run paint business hehehe....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all sifu..

is it possible to change a 4g15 auto transmission to a manual transmission?what are the nessary extra parts needed to be upgraded as well?how much?

any recommendations?

thank you thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience