Eton & DBL front components - opinions pls

mamamia

Apr 23, 2005
Eton & DLS front components - opinions pls

ICE sifu's,

Today I visited an installer who recommended the Eton Pro 160 (I think) and DLS (from Sweden, made in China) front component speakers, both retailing for RM10xx (DBL costing a bit more).

I intend to power these speakers using a Pioneer 5750MP HU (no amp).

Would these speakers sound decent for rock/guitar type music? No woofer pls and I have an existing set of rear speakers (dunno brand).

Just want my music to sound crisp and clear...now they sound a bit muddy.

THanks !

Last edited:

mamamia

Apr 23, 2005
Hi guys,
Any thoughts on the DLS front component speakers? The crossovers look quite dodgy as they look "shrink-wrapped" in green and yellow colours...

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
What model is the DLS?

Hmm....I would think that if you want it crisp and clear, you need it loud...and that means an amp if possible...

Both DLS and Eton are great brands....I have heard DLS before....very impressive...for RM1K plus i would assume you are getting the entry level models?

mamamia

Apr 23, 2005
Master D said:
What model is the DLS?

Hmm....I would think that if you want it crisp and clear, you need it loud...and that means an amp if possible...

Both DLS and Eton are great brands....I have heard DLS before....very impressive...for RM1K plus i would assume you are getting the entry level models?
Aiyo, really ah...I was hoping to power it off the HU.

Erm not sure what model it is, but its passive crossover's u cant miss, as i mentioned 1 shrink-wrapped in yellow and the other in green. If it's priced at RM10xx which model should it be, and do you know if it's decent? I guess for the price it better be! :)

Thanks.

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
were you talking abt the C6 components? Honestly, have not heard them before indeed they dont look great but unless you test them you wont know,..so ask the installer to let you have a listen...same goes for the Etons.....

Considered CDTs?

Last edited:

mamamia

Apr 23, 2005
Master D said:
were you talking abt the C6 components? Honestly, have not heard them before indeed they dont look great but unless you test them you wont know,..so ask the installer to let you have a listen...same goes for the Etons.....

Considered CDTs?
Thanks Master D ! Have checked the website and they should be the C6 front components.

CDT is another brand? How much for their front comp. ?

Last edited:

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
Hi,

yeah CDT is another brand.

http://www.cdtaudio.com/

If your budget is RM1K++, you can give the models CL 61,62 a try....not sure who carries them specifically though. But your budget is big enough for a number of models and makes, dont worry, you will get a set that you like for sure.

burt

Apr 24, 2005
If from ur HU then cdt cl61 will be easier to drive as its power handling is lower but still
high at 90w.Eton pro is also very easy to drive ay 70w.heard the eton direct from Hu,quite impressive.my cdt 61 was also direct from HU but different character.Now with amp cleare lah! Better to audit but 2 also good set.

calvinhpk

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.mycarhifi.com
from my limited knowledge, easy to drive or not is not 'read' in the power rating, but from the sensitivity...such as 90db or so.... the higher the dB, the more easy to drive is the driver.

the power rating is juz the power handling of the driver...

burt

Apr 24, 2005
hi calv sifu,
i think u r rite.Sorry for the mis info on my lagi limited knowledge.
So when can audit ur car again?he!he!

burt

Apr 24, 2005
aiya! 4get meh! last great tt u organize, i sat in izso car with u to audit b4 we went back(sri dsara).
When u organising another great tt???he!he!! waiting lol!!!