Enquiry regarding a thead

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
There were no details about it and it's one of your bisness?Should we leave the thread with flame & hates while waiting for the "potential" reply from the owner which might be harsh aswell & make the thread into a warzone?should we schedule few moderators monitor the thread 24/7 to delete those rude statement once it appear?
So if there is no details we can't enquire/discuss about it ? what kinda stuck-up mentality is that ?
Like i said earlier, the owner himself was rude, so its fair game for the replies to be rude itself.
As to how to moderate the thread evolutionz did the proper thing in this post ? - http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...lling-their-car-so-expensive.html#post3951951 and just because only nitrus had strong opinions of his own and the thread had to be locked ?

How valid is the stupid kid,rich kid+dad's car statement?i've told you many comment were made in that thread & it's enough to make it even worse.There is a case here in zth,a member couldnt stand for the judgement made by others,he aimed on them & start threatening them,ended up police case.do you know anything about it?
Issues like young driver driving a sports car vs a beater ? or as raised by the owner of the car, bystanders not helping etc. As for the case i have no idea, but a link would to it would be good.

Good point raised?yes,willing seller & willing buyer i can say.what else?you mean you need more ppl come into the thread & screw the thread starter?or you are going to defense for the t/s on car should sell lower price?
Basic economics duh but what else ? Isnt the discussion about the factors that determine the supply and demand ie - History of the car ? Rarity of modified parts ? Other then that maybe there is truth to what the TS is trying to discuss ? Who knows what else other posters might add. Come on man you seem to be on a power trip or something.

so do how you think this kinda replies will goes?what kinda constructive comment you will expect next other than what the replies in the thread?all the replies had answered t/s question & do you think the thread deserve more flames?i leave the topic open for comments (10 days) after the thread has enough constructive replies & close it when the trend of replies generate heats
so a thread is only good for 10 days ? and if a flame appears - LOCK TIME. :rofl:

he did not offended those higher-ups in the 1st place,we received many report posts from other members.many of them have been insulted by him & we take necessary actions.

looking forward on your comments on how to moderate the forums.
Easy, do what other mods are doing lol ?. Chill a little, don't get butthurt/powertrip so easy, let the thread run its cause. And if it gets to personal threats then only a lock would suffice.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
So if there is no details we can't enquire/discuss about it ? what kinda stuck-up mentality is that ?
Like i said earlier, the owner himself was rude, so its fair game for the replies to be rude itself.
As to how to moderate the thread evolutionz did the proper thing in this post ? - http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...lling-their-car-so-expensive.html#post3951951 and just because only nitrus had strong opinions of his own and the thread had to be locked ?

i don't know why it's so difficult to make you understand why a thread get closed,i had explained enough.read through the thread on how's the replies goes.

Issues like young driver driving a sports car vs a beater ? or as raised by the owner of the car, bystanders not helping etc. As for the case i have no idea, but a link would to it would be good.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/general-talk/302810-attention-all-forummers.html

Basic economics duh but what else ? Isnt the discussion about the factors that determine the supply and demand ie - History of the car ? Rarity of modified parts ? Other then that maybe there is truth to what the TS is trying to discuss ? Who knows what else other posters might add. Come on man you seem to be on a power trip or something.

i am a power trip?what knows what else other poster might add?again,read through the thread on how's the replies goes.

so a thread is only good for 10 days ? and if a flame appears - LOCK TIME. :rofl:

again,read through the thread on how's the replies goes.

Easy, do what other mods are doing lol ?. Chill a little, don't get butthurt/powertrip so easy, let the thread run its cause. And if it gets to personal threats then only a lock would suffice.

thanks for your advise.like i said earlier,kindly pm Tom on what you could offer.he is the owner of this forum,not me.im just trying to do my part according to the rules.
i believe my replies regarding on why a thread been closed is clear enough,you might have no idea on what happened previously and i had tried my best to tell.hope you have some idea for now,cheers

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
i believe my replies regarding on why a thread been closed is clear enough,you might have no idea on what happened previously and i had tried my best to tell.hope you have some idea for now,cheers
Oh the irony, just accept the fact that you locked both of the threads unnecessarily in the midst of a powertrip already.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
I hope thats not a personal threat or 5115 would have to lock the thread. :rofl:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Infernal, not siding anyone but what 5115 did was to stop an argument from starting or keep fueling the fire. If flaming was to be ignored the thread would end up like a wet market argument with personal attacks flying here and there. Arguments always turn into personal attacks very fast. I've seen this. It's not easy being a Mod. I don't feel good when locking up thread but we have to sometimes.

I also don't like being harsh to members because, we are all friends with the same interest and we live under the same virtual roof. Not nice to fight with your roommates right? but sometimes being the nice guys people will ignore your advice or warning so harder action have to be taken. I hope what happens in the forum stays in the forum and let us not carry the hate or anger to TT or when we meet someday outside.

Just my 2 kupang.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
fstrader, I'm not sure myself, hope its not la or not alot of threads would need to be locked :rofl:, since the thread is not locked yet maybe we can talk here ? :biggrin:

TitanRev, yeah i get 5115's intentions. But locking the thread is unnecessary at times where there is more to be discussed despite replies not being politically correct. Well, we won't know who would take it personally and its a grey area as to the acceptable level of sarcasm/flames before things get out of hand. I'm just stating my opinion on this grey area, no personal attacks intended, just for the improvement of the forums.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
hi infernal and everyone,

My intentions of locking the affected "Supra" thread was due to most of the reasons as listed by 5115. I understand that such threads should be allowed to continue, but there is in fact too many unnecessary comments, even after the man himself stepped up to make a statement.

However, I am trying to come up with a solution to allow users to rate and filter out useless comments by potential flamers. -forever.

thanks for raising the issue

Tom

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
hi infernal,

its not hard to let a thread go whichever way it 'goes'. the difficult thing is to be able to see the 'trend' and make sure nothing gets too personal or out-of-hand. firstly, it is not easy to moderate or maintain a forum and this forum is read by many many individuals from different countries. if you own a forum or you are being tasked as a moderator to look after the forum, you have a responsibility of keeping the best interests of the forum, sponsors and members. when topics get out-of-hand, moderators have to step in be it giving warnings or totally locking up the thread. what is so difficult to understand about that?

imagine that the forum is your house now. you have some guests at your house and you guys were chit chatting. suddenly, a topic of discussion becomes a heated exchange of words. will you still allow them to continue because 'one guy is rude, then he deserves to be treated the same way'? you don't mind people fighting in your house? even if you don't mind, other house owners will mind.

it is the same thing here. as a guest in this forum, even though we have registered and have been active in this forum, there is still a code of conduct to be followed. so does the moderators. they are also doing their job. why are you so sure that 5115 just wanna throw his weight around and lock up threads whenever he likes? because he won't let the members to 'taruh' each other till you have answers to your own questions? how about taking advice from fstrader and pm the driver directly for his side of the story or starting a new topic about young kids with fast cars and start the debate again? or are you more interested in seeing people 'fight' in forums? :biggrin:

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
Tom, you do what you do best. Keep the good stuff coming.

mizunori77,

As stated earlier in this thread, I've mentioned that the replies have valid points but are just not politically correct. I'm sure the replies don't mean harm even though their rude/childish etc. Just because the "guests" are a little crude doesn't mean they can't have a conversation no ?. Wouldn't such manners reflect badly on the "guests" themselves and not the home owner for inviting the "guests" the first place ?.

I agree there are code of conducts to be followed, but not everybody is the same."Taruh-ing" as you put it is a good way to generate discussions in the forums, by letting the thread run its course and only lock it when it personal threats arise. Otherwise a warning would suffice ?

Like you said there are interest to be protected, most importantly sponsors, they pay the bills. Wouldn't more discussion irregardless of whether its polite or rude add value to the forum as long the points come across ?. Hence the inquiry for the thread being unnecessarily locked.

I guess this is a case of prohibition (any politically incorrect replies or other opinions = thread lock) vs regulation ( let the thread roll, irregardless of the type of replies as long there is no personal threats) at the end.

Yeah your assumption is correct, I would like to see more "taruh-ing" in the forums as it generates discussion. My questions are rather suggestions of how the thread may continue but not since its locked prematurely. We all fear the day where insult/flames become faux pas and would turn into constructive arguments.

Anyways, if I want to see proper "taruh-ing"s there is other places to watch lol.

Last edited:

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
Because Tom agrees that such threads should be allowed to continue ? LOL

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
had told you to read the trend of replies but seems like you just can't accept the fact that those replies it's getting worse.

and if im powertrip,i believe you couldn't post since yesterday.keeping this thread alive is just to show to others how childish you are on jumping your leg for the 2 threads.

To all:

Please DO NOT Post if you have nothing to say.

Due to the increasing number of useless* threads/posts/replies, It has caused much uncalled-for frustration.

This drastically stunts the growth of Zerotohundred.com as well as it reflects the maturity level of people in this part of the world.

*Useless
-Uncalled for posts/threads
-Immature posts/threads
-Non-beneficial posts/threads
-Off-topic posts
-Posts/Threads without much thought
+More will be added without prior notice

These frustrating immature posts comes from irresposible and un-patriotic invididuals that do not command decent amount of general knowledge and yet wishes to comment on something they have no idea about.

For the benefit of all users, Zerotohundred.com will no longer tolerate such behaviours. Such intolerable members with intolerable behaviours will be classified as worthless members.

Zerotohundred.com remove all worthless posts from non-beneficial members with no further consideration.

There will be no obligation to explain the reasons behind which is already clear.

These actions will be and requires the contribution of other members. Such contributions may come in as a post/thread report or emails to us

Again, PLEASE DO NOT POST IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.

Thank you
Tom
i agree that advise should be given in threads before any deletion or lock,i did it on plenty threads but not all threads worth to drop a message.it's just like those sales thread in forum instead of marketplace,do i really need to pm them or reply in their thread?in fact i remove to delete max up to 30 threads/day.there are 80k over member here & thousands over members log in EVERYDAY.rules were set to control the forum & there rules are there for you to read.don't come & cry about it when you break the rules.

do you screw a policeman when he gives you speeding ticket?did u tell him "i have not kill anybody yet,so why the hell you giving me this ticket"?lol...

i closed the thread because of nitrus?and now do i need to open the thread just because of you?i don't need you to tell me how/what to do since you have no idea what happened in here.

To all loyal and new members,

Thanks for supporting Zerotohundred.com and welcome aboard.

We wish you enjoy your surf here

Recently we have found much UN-NEEDED lame postings.

Don't be annoyed. Zerotohundred.com is not being unfriendly but is trying to make the forums more useful to the public who needs their questions answered and etc.

as noticed, some topics are unnecessarily laughed at, critisized at, commented at, diverted from and so on.

To be a useful and resourceful forum, all posts and topics need to be realistic and useful.

I hope everyone understands what i'm trying to stress here..

To critics and lamers
Yes, It is a free world,
Yes, Zerotohundred.com is a free forum
You don't own Zerotohundred, I do,
Zerotohundred.com doesn't owe you anything, you don't pay to it
So please make Zerotohundred.com a better place. for everyone

As mentioned,
please do not post if you:

-have nothing useful to add to the topic
-don't know what you're saying
-just want to post smileys
-are childish
-don't know what's the answer
-trying to be funny
-are not interested in what the topic is trying to sell
-are asking silly questions
-are diverting from the topic
-are trying to be funny posting the whole thing in another language other than English
-are trying to be unfriendly

the list goes on and on.

basically what this Warning actually mean is:
Please don't be LAME.

lame posts will be deleted and lamers will be banned.

Thanks,

Tom
Webmaster
Zerotohundred.com
replying your post in patient doesn't mean you are above anyone,the purpose is to educate some lamer out there how funny it could be when you never read the rules & cry for nothing.

as for your "Removing link of the "other places" for the best interest of the forum LOL ",there wasn't any link & that's the thing worth to LOL

sorry for the long reply today as i was kinda busy yesterday

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Because Tom agrees that such threads should be allowed to continue ? LOL
obviously it show's that you can't really read.

hi infernal and everyone,

My intentions of locking the affected "Supra" thread was due to most of the reasons as listed by 5115. I understand that such threads should be allowed to continue, but there is in fact too many unnecessary comments, even after the man himself stepped up to make a statement.

However, I am trying to come up with a solution to allow users to rate and filter out useless comments by potential flamers. -forever.

thanks for raising the issue

Tom

i always prefer reply with a manner way but since your statement has come in a bad way,i guess no point to be patience on you.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Dear Infernal,

I would be glad to repeat what i said before.

Anyone, including you is allowed to open a new thread linked to the closed thread. Please do so if there's anything you wish to learn or discuss on the same topic.

Its obvious whatever you, me or others said here wont let the closed thread reopen again.

Just open a thread, we will see where it goes together..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

I am a newbie, just need some help.
My late father just passed away 2 weeks ago.
I wanna rebuild his Toyota KE70 1982 DX Blackbelt model.

This is my sentimental value car.
Not for drifting purposes. I wanna upgrade the engine with automatic transmission. Been reading quite a lot from the net. Is it possible to upgrade to 4AGE engine with auto transmission. Is it very easy to find the halfcut.

If it can be done, i will use it for daily driving to workplace, will endorse and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience