engine swap

911zth

Jun 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i'm a student currently 1 mazda 929 hb 1986 limited version...My 929 currently got lots of problem aredi. So planning for an half cut swap..

1. aircond sumtime cold sumtime hot i think is wiring problem...after mati engine n start back again then the air cond cold again.

2) then the dash board meter got problem...no light for the meter even when the lights are on...send to wiring man adi...they aso cant solve the problem...

3) abit of shaky when the car start to move,every time pick up....after changing the long shaft....

4) abit kind of stuck when starting the car even after the alternator has change...

coz i'm still student so got budget abit...hopefuly can get the engine swap less than 10k...
saw in other ppl thread they say this car can plug n play:

1)sr20det
juz wondering nowadays how much the cost of this half cut...n how much installation...wat about the long shaft(coz original is quite long compared to the 1 in half cut) and the rear axle with the frame...use back ori or take the half cut ...??:hmmmm:

2) 1jz gte
aso duno price....prefer manual but hard to find since its rare...auto aso can but duno they price...heard nid to do some mods to to fit in this engine...izit cutting the firewall area to fit in the gearbox or modding the engine bay ??:hmmmm:

3) rb25det or rb20 det
this two engine aso can consider coz easy to get...but the pricing of it i duno lo...rear axle nid to use which ori or take from half cut? any modding involve??

4) the currently using the ori rim 14inch n stock break....do i nid to change them?

5) if really wan do engine swap wat shud i do? go the half cut shop n get them n then transfrer them to workshop? Or ask the workshop to buy us the half cut n let them pasang?

Really beh tahan with the condition of my car adi...but i duno the cost of the swappage..and i lazy to call half cut shop since i'm still student....pai seh to call n den din buy...

Hope got ppl can help me here....since many ppl here aso like to mod their cars...
newbie here....:love:

hope can get help :adore:

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i'm a student currently 1 mazda 929 hb 1986 limited version...My 929 currently got lots of problem aredi. So planning for an half cut swap..

1. aircond sumtime cold sumtime hot i think is wiring problem...after mati engine n start back again then the air cond cold again.

2) then the dash board meter got problem...no light for the meter even when the lights are on...send to wiring man adi...they aso cant solve the problem...

3) abit of shaky when the car start to move,every time pick up....after changing the long shaft....

4) abit kind of stuck when starting the car even after the alternator has change...

coz i'm still student so got budget abit...hopefuly can get the engine swap less than 10k...
saw in other ppl thread they say this car can plug n play:

1)sr20det
juz wondering nowadays how much the cost of this half cut...n how much installation...wat about the long shaft(coz original is quite long compared to the 1 in half cut) and the rear axle with the frame...use back ori or take the half cut ...??:hmmmm:

2) 1jz gte
aso duno price....prefer manual but hard to find since its rare...auto aso can but duno they price...heard nid to do some mods to to fit in this engine...izit cutting the firewall area to fit in the gearbox or modding the engine bay ??:hmmmm:

3) rb25det or rb20 det
this two engine aso can consider coz easy to get...but the pricing of it i duno lo...rear axle nid to use which ori or take from half cut? any modding involve??

4) the currently using the ori rim 14inch n stock break....do i nid to change them?

5) if really wan do engine swap wat shud i do? go the half cut shop n get them n then transfrer them to workshop? Or ask the workshop to buy us the half cut n let them pasang?

Really beh tahan with the condition of my car adi...but i duno the cost of the swappage..and i lazy to call half cut shop since i'm still student....pai seh to call n den din buy...

Hope got ppl can help me here....since many ppl here aso like to mod their cars...
newbie here....:love:

hope can get help :adore:
Bro i used to have this car too last time, but it was stock engine moded,
Anyways if you really want to have a transplant you need to remember that once you buy your engine you need to top to bottom overhall and everything which is abit costy but its necessary, next thing you need to find is a good and trusting workshop, without this, LOL you will kena 9 9 punya price, and before buying your engine, if possible start the engine, if its a floor engine, check if any dents or leakage.

Do remember to change new parts if the old parts is not in good condition or faulty.

If i was to choose which engine from up there i would choose 1jz :biggrin: but i think its too big for your engine bay, but for normal smooth/ normal performance rb20 should be just alright for you. ( 1jz is just too damn powerfull )

just be carefull when you're doing all this, just my2cents.

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i got it for free! haha, parents passed it to me years ago.

911zth

Jun 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro i used to have this car too last time, but it was stock engine moded,
Anyways if you really want to have a transplant you need to remember that once you buy your engine you need to top to bottom overhall and everything which is abit costy but its necessary, next thing you need to find is a good and trusting workshop, without this, LOL you will kena 9 9 punya price, and before buying your engine, if possible start the engine, if its a floor engine, check if any dents or leakage.

Do remember to change new parts if the old parts is not in good condition or faulty.

If i was to choose which engine from up there i would choose 1jz :biggrin: but i think its too big for your engine bay, but for normal smooth/ normal performance rb20 should be just alright for you. ( 1jz is just too damn powerfull )

just be carefull when you're doing all this, just my2cents.

i tot rb20 n 1jz almow the same size...since both inline 6?:hmmmm:
how much budget enuf if i wan put in rb20det?
top to bottom overhaul expensiv ar?

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

How much you bought the car?
i din bought the car...its a spare car at my house...so i can alternate use this car if i dun wan use anthr car or that car breakdown...:burnout:

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

i got it for free! haha, parents passed it to me years ago.
so did u modded it???
share sum info...:love:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Don't you just love tuners? They take a relatively fast car, replace some parts, do some tuning work and turn it into some fire breathing monster that can easily take on some of the more established barons of speed. This is one fine example by Emotion Wheels. The German tuner usually only works with wheels and this is its second time branching out into the world of total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience