Engine head port and polish

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
Hello all,

Can anyone tell me how to check is my engine head has been PNP?

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
The only way to check that is to open ur engine head and see whether the ports have rugged edges or silky smooth, or even better is test the engine head with benchflow machine. In other words, nobody can tell it from outside.

RevMesh

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
port

hi guys, well as far as i know, the porting and polishing is only done to the exhaust outlet port rite?? thats what i've read. plz tell me any additional info's on pnp.....

p/s: tumpang and also make ur thread more glamour eh softmuffin....

epj7900

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Johor Bahru
Well ,

My personal experience. Just last weekend we did the porting for my engine block. If you guys would have seen my post about 4G63T Block.

Yes - What revmesh said is true. The manifold outlet. That part they will polish and make it slightly bigger - it will look a little shiny. As for inside the Valve cover - I suppose they just clean all the carbon - then use sand paper to polish it. It involves alot of patience. You have to do it slowly polish part by part. We also port the throttle body - also helps the intake. I know it's something got to do with feeling. Thats what my friend said - They port until the thing is like damn smooth - but the claim that there is a limit - otherwise your minyak may be shoot like hell.

All it helps is air flow and better air fuel mixture to give you better response.

But I disagree with the market price of RM 600 to do that - If you have a good friend - you can DIY. It's easy and simple. Use the chemical they use is car wash to clean the stain and it will remove all the carbon stuck to the top cover. After that your valves n all will shine like hell. Oil will also be damn clean.

My personal advice is first get yourself Wastegate and Banana - complete the outside first (I/C Piping n all). After that see how it performs. Then go in to engine step by step. You will be able to feel the improvement as you do parts accordingly.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
sorry for asking, but you're talking about simple PNP right?

anyone knows if there's a place to do cylinder head modifying? Like changing the angle or curve of the venturis(is that right? the inlet ports).

also, is 3 angle valve job common in Malaysia as well.

ps: I drive a Volvo '96 850SE

epj7900

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Johor Bahru
Hey ModMaestro,

Yes agree with it - that is basic PNP. That is done by alot of people.

As for Cylinder Head - Matspeed at Shah Alam does this. I have seen their machines and some of the work they do. They are slow but amazing. Look for Charlie and tell him a friend just did his EVO Engine Block Balancing and Lightening. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to cars. Matspeed is one of the R&D Places in Malaysia.

Matspeed make their own CAMS. They have all the required Lathe/CNC Machines to do milling and other machine work.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
thanks epj7900. I'll keep that in mind. Do they do engine transplant as well?

epj7900

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Johor Bahru
ModMaestro,

Well I know they do - but not sure if they do for walk in customers. But they have an 190E which is using a happening EVO looking body kit with Sparco Bucket Seats and 18' TE37 Volks Racing Alloys. Huge ass spacer which makes the rims stick out from the body and they will be putting in the 2.3 kompressor engine. The car looks damn nice to me. They know their work with continental as well. Charlie was educated in England and has very good knowledge in cars. He does Porshe's n all. Pretty cool. They start work very late - so best you go there in the evening or night.

All the best.. try to dump in a 1J in to your Volvo lah!! Hahaha....

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
Below is an example or ported head, from my own engine :

Last edited:

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
epj7900,

that 190e sounds nice to me too. Currently not wanting a transplant yet. Am actually hoping to do it myself, but little cahnce of that as I see it. 'coz I'm more intersted in putting an obscenely big V8. lol. Anyways, what's the 1J? I only a handful of engine codes, and most of them BMWs....

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
felt bad about sidestepping the thread, so here I comes with a PNP related question.

I heard some people chrome the inside of the pipe of their induction kit, especially those with turbo application. Is that true? and why? to reduce friction like PNP?

Also, do people regularly chrome/colour code their engine bay in Malaysia? If so, where did you/your friends got it done?

jee_square

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
Taman Melawati
Be careful when doing PNP... PNP is best done with hand rather than machine.. When using machine, it will skim the material too much and will have no effect on the engine.. My friend did PNP with machine n he dynoed n gain only 1 horsepower.. Doing PNP by hand normally takes a week to complete by using sand paper with certain grades.. So peeps, be sure not to burn ur money!!

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
My PnP engine head requires 2 week to complete, it's done at Powerzone. It gave 7% horsepower increase on dyno.

epj7900

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Johor Bahru
ModMaestro,

1J is the 2.5 Toyota Supra - Twin Turbo. It is also avaliable in the Toyota Chaser as well. 2J is the toyota supra 3.0TT V6.

Just 2 days back I saw an old BMW 7 Series passing by with a massive dunk muffler at the back. With 18inch alloys and fat rubber it looked damn cool - the sound was amazing.. the whistling sound. I have a friend in KL who is playing with the Old BMW - the comfort is amazing.. but the car is old.

You have to see the 190e. It's damn cun. Port and Polish - yes best done with hand - and takes minimum 1 week.. you need the passion to do that.. otherwise you can get bored doing it. I saw them doing it at Matspeed - real slow and steady.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys.. need your help and opinion..

can fto dashboard fit satria or not? have u heard about it? ok or not ??i heard that evo4 dashbord can fit wira with some mod..but how bout fto... i want to try la...:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience