EK air-con filter

lawnmower

Known Member
Jan 23, 2007
hi guys, i was wondering where is the air-con filter located for civic EK? i turned on my aircon today and found out that there's bits and pieces of worn out sponge stuck on my air-con vent. want to check and see if it's really from my aircon filter. TIA

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
hi guys, i was wondering where is the air-con filter located for civic EK? i turned on my aircon today and found out that there's bits and pieces of worn out sponge stuck on my air-con vent. want to check and see if it's really from my aircon filter. TIA
i think there is,... itz called cabin filter,...

pull out the cover under ur glove box,... then take off ur glove box,... itz underneath there,...

i'm not very sure though,...

ek sifus correct me if i'm wrong,...

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Got this problem too. I thought the sponge could be sound deadening ones in the vents. Is it actually the filter? (Which would be a much easier fix)

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
if i'm correct,... then u can change the filter,...
bosch has it,...

juz look for bosch contact number,... call them to ask which dealer sells them,..

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
you guys all bs. those sponge thing aint no filter. It's the sponge on your center core and blower, these sponge are on the flaps of blower and center core which direct the wind flow to different direction when these flaps are moved to different direction. These sponge will decompose over age and hence detached from the flaps and stuck in the vents as you see.

Change another center core, and yes you have to remove your dashboard to do that.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
you guys all bs. those sponge thing aint no filter. It's the sponge on your center core and blower, these sponge are on the flaps of blower and center core which direct the wind flow to different direction when these flaps are moved to different direction. These sponge will decompose over age and hence detached from the flaps and stuck in the vents as you see.

Change another center core, and yes you have to remove your dashboard to do that.
oooopsss,... sifu has spoken,...
but EKs hv the cabin filter also rite? tho' maybe it wont decompose,...

lawnmower

Known Member
Jan 23, 2007

Hi Hikaru, how much for the center core?

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
oooopsss,... sifu has spoken,...
but EKs hv the cabin filter also rite? tho' maybe it wont decompose,...
The cabin filter looks identical to the air filter like paper filter and has no sponge on it, it's sloted in cooling coil. Cooling coil that has filter equiped is different from those standard version and the main difference is the fact that it has a cap that you can pull off to insert the filter while standard version don't, basically just the housing is different.

Not every cooling coil has the slot for cabin filter, most early local EJ don't have I believe unless it's been replaced. In Japan not every EK is equiped with the cabin filter as well, only certain higher spec models come with it.

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Hi Hikaru, how much for the center core?
I don't know what they cost now last time I got it for rm30, but it's always laying around on the floor at scrapyard like trash. It will turn gold the moment you ask them after they spent hours to find it.

Rules of thumbs, go search it by yourself and get a good condition one from the mountains of those things thrown together. Then only ask them how much that crap cost when you have found it, it will be cheaper that way.

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
where can i buy new cabin filter? mine is more than 10 years old.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
good explanation, bro,...

these are some pics of the replacement of cabon filter from an accord,...

once the glove compartment has been taken off, u'll see this,... (if ur's come with the cabin filter)

once the filter has been removed,... u can actually see the cooling coil on the right side,... the left if the blower, i think.

this is the old filter and the new one still wrapped in plastic,...
bosch charcoal filter,... way more expensive than rm30 juz for the charcoal,...

and good advice on hafkat shop reminder,...
anyway,... i suggest buy new one,...

where can i buy new cabin filter? mine is more than 10 years old.
look for bosch,...
i did contact bosch and they gave a dealer contact,... but dunno where liao,...

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Cant we just take out the center core and brush off whatever rotten sponge there is on it ?

lawnmower

Known Member
Jan 23, 2007
anybody got any pictures of the center core? can't really be digging at the scrapyard if i don't know how it looks, right? :D

acuralover

Oct 21, 2006
so indeed theres aircon filter for ek...my mech tells me say dun have....wtf???

where to buy from JB?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
so indeed theres aircon filter for ek...my mech tells me say dun have....wtf???

where to buy from JB?
i got... will be in JB most of the weekends...

EK/EJ cabin filter r the same as CRV <2001...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Aston Martin's first SUV arrives Malaysia! The 550ps DBX looks more like a sportscar on stilts and raises the bar for sports SUV with its dedicated chassis, built on a rigid, lightweight bonded aluminum construction.

4.5 sec / 550ps / 700nm / 4L V8 twin turbo / 9 speed automatic / 291kmh / 2245kg / adaptive suspension / rear E-LSD / carbon prop shaft / RM818,000...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience