• HKS Super Power

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apexi Power Filter

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Which aftermarket airfilter give the best performance + loud vtec roar. Im using Hks intake and need to always change the filter element bcos it get dirty very quick...Should i remain using HKS filter and always change the element when needed or use other Brand? Pls vote and suggest...

Last edited:

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
go for open pod k&n.... make sure got DIY your own cover and channel your CAI into it....
* plus, it easier to clean k&n....

Fairlady350

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
Vtec engines, i think you should go with a Mugen Carbon Fibre Airbox with a K&N air filter. Gives the best performance with good roar from the Vtec system...

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Mugen airbox very rare hard to find. Anybody use ARC airbox before??
any air box can do.. its just a box to prevent hot air from entering your air filter, and letting cold air into... but mst have CAI to get better result..
but if uses ARC box, due to the big size of it, maybe needt o relocate the batteries???

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
y need to relocate batteries?? eg & ek models hv no problems with batt original placement.. its near the firewall on pax side.. only EF models are near the air box...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
any air box can do.. its just a box to prevent hot air from entering your air filter, and letting cold air into... but mst have CAI to get better result..
but if uses ARC box, due to the big size of it, maybe needt o relocate the batteries???
The battery is already right behind nearly touching the firewall on the left, for what relocate? :stupid:

And CAI... not needed unless your car is super hot under the hood lah, CAI in the rain also sucks in water. Friends car hydrolocked thanks to CAI and now hes scared to use it again hahaha :rofl:

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
I just remove my cai becos water can trap inside and dun really like the hole in the bumper. I just change the whole bumper and regret putting it.

Anyway this thread is about airfilter recommendation not airbox and cai hehehe.:biggrin:

U guys heard of gruppe m filter? I heard its expensive and damm nice sound.

Last edited:

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
most B-series owners just use the simota "Lintah" Type, replicating from J's Racing... its cheap oso.. 200++ only.. air filter you can choose which 1 u like... HKS mushroom is expensive to maintain compared to other brands coz you need to replace the spounge over period of time.. Blitz Wire mesh openpod is the easiest to maintain n probably the lasting one.. but i dont think its filtration is good as Apex n Knn

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
i have read from a forum b4 they go test on the air filter above..the best result is apexi not k&N..i was shocked oso..if i found the web out i post here...paiseh really lost the web d

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
most B-series owners just use the simota "Lintah" Type, replicating from J's Racing... its cheap oso.. 200++ only.. air filter you can choose which 1 u like... HKS mushroom is expensive to maintain compared to other brands coz you need to replace the spounge over period of time.. Blitz Wire mesh openpod is the easiest to maintain n probably the lasting one.. but i dont think its filtration is good as Apex n Knn
Changed to Lintah oso... Last time use 6inch Apexi mushroom with stainless steel pipe... Vtec sound was too soft...

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
i have read from a forum b4 they go test on the air filter above..the best result is apexi not k&N..i was shocked oso..if i found the web out i post here...paiseh really lost the web d
if im not mistaken they tested on a Supra 2JZ in supraforums.com they did alot of comparison ... BLitz came on top if not mistaken ... followed by SARD ... paiseh also la ... tried to seach again in Supraforums but cannot find ... :banghead:

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
i'm using HKS also...love the wind sound...like a airplane passing tru...but...yeah...the filter gets dirty fast...most vtec using simota...they say the big round design can reserved standby air during the vtec crossover...:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

long time i didnt post DIY stuff here... so i'm back... i got the Wira SE OEM extractor from a fren from hometown... he kept it for a year... so i have to remove the rust b4 using it on my car....

DIY Port n Polish WiSE extractor :
http://khguan.fotopic.net/c960690.html

DIY Install WiSE extractor :
http://khguan.fotopic.net/c960680.html

Installation of the extractor was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience