eibach pro-kit experience

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, there's too many choices.. That's why I wanna get as much info as possible before making any decision. Mr. Turbo, what absorber do you recommend to pair with Eibach? :idea:
When too many info, you will sometimes get more confused also. Say A may have used and like Eibach, B maybe have used Tein, C used Titan and so on. If they all find them good, then which will you choose?...Ha! ha!, right? Also they may be using a different ride each. Probably maybe if you belong to a car club, ask the club members, then maybe a closer match as they are using same ride as you.
I am on the Mitsu Super Saloon and running the old style with spring adjustment only made by Top Perfect, manufacturer of HWL. Mine was made before they came out with HWL. The fronts are original but are serviced by them with increased stiffness by 25% or so. But they are quite used by now and have gone soft quite a bit.....:rolleyes:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Right, different people, different car and different recommendation.. I've read quite a lot of forums like hondatech, d-series.org etc. Quite a number of them who use eibach pro-kits recommend to pair it with koni yellow absorber. The problem is, koni's price is very expensive here, like RM1.5k-2k just for the absorber alone.. :banghead:. The cheapest sports absorber I know is GAB SA, but I think everyone knows about their quality right? hehe..

I don't quite understand about your suspension setup. I mean, do you use your original spring and pair it up with absorber made/modified by Top Perfect?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't quite understand about your suspension setup. I mean, do you use your original spring and pair it up with absorber made/modified by Top Perfect?

My rears are something like the one on the left. Adjustable spring rate only. The harder the spring rate the higher the car, so if want lowered, the spring are soft (tuned down) This one is old style type.
The one on the right I tried fitting before, but not same as in the pic. The pic one is also spring rate adjustable only. Mine was height, suspension and camber adjustable, but even with maximum height it was too low, so I opt to redo my original. Means the original absorbers are cut open and the internals are all changed. Damping rate increase by 25% stiffness, Original springs are used back. It is not locked with permanent seal and can be serviced, if I want to.....

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Mr Turbo, do you know where can I get Eibach shocks? Most shops only got the ProKit spring only..

carent9

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Selangor
bro...

I would suggest that you go for KYB adjustable high low.. which car are you using already? Go to Kakimotor... I think the pricing is less than RM1,500.... which I think by the time you get all the Eibach Pro Kit (rm1k new) and absorbers (rm800 for 4?), it is cheaper to get a high low ajdjustable..

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

i am using Eibach Pro Kit springs and Koni (front) and GAB semi adjustable (rear) - to make sure it is higher for the rear...

this is for my Wira 1.8 sedan.. and I just added a new bush to push it even higher... to fit a 17" tire later... So far, i love the setting as it is lowered but soft like ori springs with firmer cornering... :)

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
bro...

I would suggest that you go for KYB adjustable high low.. which car are you using already? Go to Kakimotor... I think the pricing is less than RM1,500.... which I think by the time you get all the Eibach Pro Kit (rm1k new) and absorbers (rm800 for 4?), it is cheaper to get a high low ajdjustable..

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

i am using Eibach Pro Kit springs and Koni (front) and GAB semi adjustable (rear) - to make sure it is higher for the rear...

this is for my Wira 1.8 sedan.. and I just added a new bush to push it even higher... to fit a 17" tire later... So far, i love the setting as it is lowered but soft like ori springs with firmer cornering... :)
I see.. Good to know that you still have comfortable ride with this suspension setup even on 17" wheels. I have used adjustable shocks before in my old sentra, but the ride was so harsh and bouncy that I'm afraid to use adjustables anymore..:banghead:

So just to clarify, you use Eibach Pro Kit on all fours but with Konis in the front and GAB semi adjustables in the rear, right? The GAB semi adjustable, is it the kind of absorber where you can adjust the ride height but not the damping rate?

Sorry for asking so many question, I'm a noob about suspension things.. :slug:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I am surprised as most will convert lower, but for you you add bush to become higher. Will it be stable?
And changing to 17", converting to the right series you should not have problem fitting it in, unless you are over sizing the tyres.....

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Mr Turbo, do you know where can I get Eibach shocks? Most shops only got the ProKit spring only..
I saw a set of Eibach springs with absorbers but was meant for Conti cars only.
Looks like using other absorbers will be easier to find.

carent9

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Selangor
Ya, because Wira is already a low car.. Old ppl got problem getting out of it.. So, everytime is go thru speed bump kena under carraige.. No choice bro
Some more the rear spoiler almost spoilt because get stck!!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Because I read that your use lowered springs but raise back with bush.
What I did when I had a Wira last time, was use same springs but harden the rate of the absorbers. This way when on full load also can handle without problem, only when 2 person a bit bumpy....

carent9

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Selangor
Ya loh.. Tht oso can..

I bought Eibach springs which was very nice and not bumpy. But i had no choice but to increae the height because carry 5 persons some of the times and hit the bottom.. Quite bad. Ori springs still not good enough.. Move like boat and handling not tht nice

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Ya loh.. Tht oso can..

I bought Eibach springs which was very nice and not bumpy. But i had no choice but to increae the height because carry 5 persons some of the times and hit the bottom.. Quite bad. Ori springs still not good enough.. Move like boat and handling not tht nice
I see.. Now I know that Eibach spring will cause bottoming out with 5 people on board. Good info for potential buyers like me..:listen:. But, if we use absorber with stiffer damping rate, will it still bottom out? I'm very interested in Eibach spring, but I also want to do it right the first time..:smile:

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

This Eibach is lowered springs?
Eibach (ProKit) is lowered spring.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi ZTH Viewers...

Im having E-Manage blue for some moments.

There will be 2 indicators, 1 for "Active" and another for "Interaction". Interaction indicators are always light with yellow meanwhile Active indicators should be yellow as well only once the E-manage problem/faulty will turn to red.

Mines are always blinking orange and yellow in Active indicators, even sometimes turn red often whenever im driving. Is that a normal signal only?

And just yesterday Active indicators turns...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience