Effect from oil additive

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The additive properties probably wears off, or breaks down too after few 100k drive. Nothing last forever.

Add additive only IF needed. Donch itchy itchy hand.....heheheheh
Few 100k? some you are suppose to add at every oil change leh.....lol:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Yalor, so might as well change engine oil more frequently.
Additive aint cheap, I suppose.

Nebermind, let the curious ppl use additive lor.
Maybe they will gain power using additive.
Maybe they gain nothing and wasted their money but satisfied their curiosity.
or maybe the additive would damage the engine.

Life is like a box of chokolet.....

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
eerk..... why do you guys suddenly decide to add additives anyway...

maybe its time i try as well..... my tappets sounding more and more like a diesel

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
urgh.... my 20 year old tappets bising!

but ohh well, no real harm i guess...

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Not trying to argue if additives are beneficial in the short run or long run or at all here, I'm sure most are scammy than those that work.

But for tappets and old engines, Id recommend Tufoil even if for experimental sake. Could try it say when you're halfway through your engine oil life.

I've used them in my E30 325i for years back in the 2000s

Don't take my word for it though, you should do some research on the product before trying it out.

Speaking about noises, the manual box in my E30 used to chatter for years. I was told one or Redline's transmission additive or was it the entire fluid itself will cure this and it did impressively.

So there is light at the end of the tunnel for old car problems and aftermarket fluids and additives

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Additive is a tough market. Simply because product claimed so much of benefit but end user did not enjoy it. As 6uest mentioned, only way to have the product verified are by existing user that went through several different scenario of usage or passionate folks who did comprehensive test on the behavior of it.

There are just too much, way too much of additive available on the market and as i know of we have no centralized feedback on all of these additive. Car owners regularly sticks to either one or two of the additive that was proven beneficial to their machine thus everyone might have encounter product differently.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, personally I have actually used a manual gear additive to my Hyundai Sonata III. It has this synchomesh problem where changing from 1st to 2nd gear gets this rough grinding sound if engine speed is higher, but surprising after adding it in and ran for about 1k km the shifting is smoother and the grinding sound also very much less

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Not trying to argue if additives are beneficial in the short run or long run or at all here, I'm sure most are scammy than those that work.

But for tappets and old engines, Id recommend Tufoil even if for experimental sake. Could try it say when you're halfway through your engine oil life.

I've used them in my E30 325i for years back in the 2000s

Don't take my word for it though, you should do some research on the product before trying it out.

Speaking about noises, the manual box in my E30 used to chatter for years. I was told one or Redline's transmission additive or was it the entire fluid itself will cure this and it did impressively.

So there is light at the end of the tunnel for old car problems and aftermarket fluids and additives

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

redline gearbox oil is very good oil...on my old scooby...i'm using redline shockproof lightweight....its like code10 hair oil in colour :driver:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
hmmm sounds like a good time to start testing, time for an oil change anyway, i suspect gearbox oil has also not been changed in a while.....

autolover

Feb 26, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
As some have mentioned if the product is so good, oil manufacturer would have added it into their own blend......
wrong, nowadays oil is quite crappy, you really think oil manufacturers would add some precious elements into oil? hell no, the truth is that we live at times when oil is getting worse and worse but we can't stop buying it. that's why car's engine can break down so easily, when the car is new

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wrong, nowadays oil is quite crappy, you really think oil manufacturers would add some precious elements into oil? hell no, the truth is that we live at times when oil is getting worse and worse but we can't stop buying it. that's why car's engine can break down so easily, when the car is new
Engine break down got many ways. Racing them, no maintenance, etc., MY VR is 16years, Sonata 20 years and Chery is 6 years also no problem and using all kinds of engine oil....:smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Engine break down got many ways. Racing them, no maintenance, etc., MY VR is 16years, Sonata 20 years and Chery is 6 years also no problem and using all kinds of engine oil....:smokin:
Yup, car engines break down can be by many reasons, not necessarily engine oil. By right engine oil actually should already be much better or must comply to higher standards than before because engine requirements are also higher: more hi-tech, more power, more fuel efficient, lighter package, tighter tolerances, higher compression, more and faster turbo boost, etc2. you name it!

Like bro VR2, I also have used many cars for many2 years, countless times rev kaw kaw until rev limiter and just using cheap oils bought during promotion in Tesco/AEON WITHOUT any single additives, and yet NONE of my engines break down! All the metals are still very clean, engines running as good as new without any issues whatsoever.

You cannot just say engine oil nowadays is quite crappy without solid evidence/research, or just by hear say or hunches of more engine breakdowns, sorry that's just talking nonsense.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, im new to the forum, but it seems like theres alot of knowledge here so yous might be able to help me out. I just recently picked up a Daihatsu Handivan, but this is only its Australian name, in England its known as a Domino, and apparently everywhere else its known as a Cuore. Its 2-door, 2 seater, with a big empty area going all the way back to the hatch. Its a 1984 model.

Basically, im making my own bodykit for it, welding up all the rust, spraying it myself, and dropping in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience