E8 upgrade

spirit

May 30, 2006
hi all mloc members, recently i felt that my e8 dont give me the "old time rocket feeling" anymore. It seem to become slower to me now. So, I thinking to start with some "minor" upgrades and hope all sifu here can give me some opinion and recommendation =)
Im looking forward for minor mod only. not those canggil canggil mod. no money lol

my current mods;
1) SSQV BFV
2) EIDS
3) RSM meter (to remove speed cut)
that's all i have =p
my other friends told me to install boost controller, send it for turning blablabla....
but im not sure izzit necessarily?
what should i consider for my "cheap cheap" mod ? hehe
thanks =)

newbie evo8 driver

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
if ur "old time rocket feeling" refers to the turbo g-force..then i'll add a boost controller if i'm u..but ensure to proper tune as overboosting will damage ur internal parts..

you can also change to a bigger turbo..but then lots of other considerations need to be taken into account..and will consume lots of money as well..

sharing what i can :biggrin:

spirit

May 30, 2006
what is k&n drop in filter?

change to a bigger turbo is like some chain mod. those mods = money money money lol
honestly my budget is quite low...so maybe i can only go for 1 or 2 items..

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
you can always start with intake first. change your air filter with cold air intake. those open pod filter like HKS or K&N will cost you about RM 200++. CAI is quite cheap and you can DIY. just buy the long funnel, punch holes at the end of both sides and use cable tie to one side to your front bumper and the end to the side fender. then you got cold air feeding your air filter. if you want better performance, you can look for a heat shield so your air filter won't suck in hot air from around the engine also.

if you got more cash, then can go for full exhaust upgrade lo. imagine if got big mouth suck in a lot of air but small a-hole to fart, hard to go faster oso. :rofl: exhaust systems will cost more as in 3k to 4k.

boost controller is another option to increase power but will need proper tuning to ensure you got enough fuel so you won't pecah engine. manual boost controllers are cheap like few hundred but it is advisable to go for those original electronic boost controllers. this is because the real ones can give you constant performance without any boost spikes. not too sure about the prices for electronic boost controllers though. :confused:

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
stroker and bigger snail heeeee~ :P :P :P racun2

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

last time I bought mine Blitz SBC used for RM450

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
install boost controller. a good exaust system, fuel regulator and you're good !!!!

khangwee

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
msia
go for a datalogging, check the condition of the car. then only c where to upgrade. u can start from intake, open port, then upgrade fuel pump+fuel reg. Boost controller to boost up. and then remap ur ecu. also, if u got more budget go upgrade ur exh system... kekeke..

datalogging will cost 100-200, open port and DIY CAI will cost u 200-500 or more, depends wat u choose... fuel pump will cost u ard 400+- (walbro, must get ori 1) fuel reg u can try (works or tomei), less budget use a MBC lor (works 1 ard 200) dun get those spring 1... ermmm... then tuning ECU flash, will cost u ard 600+ gua, but not 1 time only lar. and not included dyno... kekekeke. thts the budget way to get some improvement lor.......

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
what is k&n drop in filter?
hi spirit.

herewith the K&N drop in filter... (Market link in ZTH): http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...28-kaitospeed-k-and-n-drop-in-air-filter.html

some info about K&N filter: http://www.lancershop.com/customer/product.php?productid=12&cat=0&page=1

i also used the same air filter... easy and durable/gd air intake compare stock.
drop-in air filter gd for me coz long distance drive (let says 300-400km per day)
not to worries for heavy rain or "kolam air kecil".... compare to open pod...
recommend for those want to stay stock like me.... heheheh

modding the E8: what is your budget and what is the HP target?

some times if you want to increase little bit power (let say 50HP on wheel/engine) can cost you thousand...

i also newbies... correct me if I'm wrong...
my current situation... changing the wear&tear to make it to last another 10 years.:driver::biggrin:

you can gain all the modding info from old timer in here... or else you can ask them to the proper tuner.... save money if have a good guide..

KryPToN

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2005
Selangor
What is ur "cheap cheap" budget like? RM100? RM1,000? RM10,000?

The cheapest best solution i can think of is.... u drive ur kancil/viva/myvi etc for 1 or 2 weeks. dun touch ur evo.... then after that period u go drive evo... u will feel the "old time rocket feeling" again.
:P

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Decat, better flow air filter and boost controller (to 1.1bar) are what I've done and I think it's more than enuff for me for my day to day travelling. The cost is not so expensive cos I am using MBC (manual boost controller). Perhaps you can try this first.

On the other hand, changing the existing intercooler piping to steel one gave me a rather good improvement too, the feeling of turbo lag is so much lesser.

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
What is ur "cheap cheap" budget like? RM100? RM1,000? RM10,000?

The cheapest best solution i can think of is.... u drive ur kancil/viva/myvi etc for 1 or 2 weeks. dun touch ur evo.... then after that period u go drive evo... u will feel the "old time rocket feeling" again.
:P
hahah :congrats: nice 1

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Top Gear : Hot Hatchback in Monte Carlo

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ueBOKLl1LWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch the trio enjoying themselves again, this time at Monaco, where they picked up a few Formula 1 celebrities and drive them around the famed track, in several hot hatches, namely the Fiat 500, Citroen DS3 and Renault Clio Cup. Look how they provide the ultimate laughs for the morning. Enjoy!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience