Driven: The new Proton Inspira 1.8 manual

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
NeuroOne,
its allright to share ur POV, only typical ppl will critisize others to migrate or watsover.
allright, back to line n cut the wat land better thingy.

segment c n segment b r the most highly demand model in market.
will u ever see toyota rebadge for vios,altis,camry? honda for city,civic,accord? mazda for 2,3,6 series? bmw for 3,5,7 series? benz for c,e,s class?

such a important segment, proton rebadge it. dis lead ppl to think its a backstep for proton.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
for BMW or Merc it is impossible for them to rebadge la kan.
gila la, world class manufacturer how can share. haha.
anyway, toyota are a big time manufacturer and honda is right up there too.

as for Mazda, they have this platform sharing too, with Ford, started way back in 1979..

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
development of the Inspira however cost just RM250 million. That’s about RM500 million cheaper to build a car that is leaps and bounds better than the Waja!

1) 25years this what proton think about?

2) i believe all every one here realize that even the rookie korean car maker, develop own car from scratch.

3) How old is Kia or Hyundai?

4) when will they learn that making car & selling them. they should focus on making it ( $$$$ ) Globally instead focus on local sale

5) wait. buy proton also pay custom tax duty? whaaattt??

6) im lost of proton true intention of making cars from the beginning year. shouldn't they sell rakyat affordable cars? how much is this inspira again?

7) is this what the current CEO do? save money on making on quality product cars? ermm where the quality?

8) as far as expirience of owning the hopeless proton brand. the only model i was so so ok with was iswara cares U.K export model, wira 1.8 dohc & savvy.

again proton only came out with 250mill on development on this piece of *%#$ ?
how much are they selling it for?
i most probably wait till it come out as 2nd car for sell to buy it. more $$$$$$$ saving. later opt for evo's part.

i personally lost huge amount of cash on 1st facelift model of perdana 2004 2year ownership exp. till now i curse that Stupid car. 1st year only 6time send for warranty, buy that car for proton to keep at service center? bloody H

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

development of the Inspira however cost just RM250 million. That’s about RM500 million cheaper to build a car that is leaps and bounds better than the Waja!

1) 25years this what proton think about?

2) i believe all every one here realize that even the rookie korean car maker, develop own car from scratch.

3) How old is Kia or Hyundai?

4) when will they learn that making car & selling them. they should focus on making it ( $$$$ ) Globally instead focus on local sale

5) wait. buy proton also pay custom tax duty? whaaattt?? :stupid:

6) im lost of proton true intention of making cars from the beginning year. shouldn't they sell rakyat affordable cars? how much is this inspira again? :sleep:

7) is this what the current CEO do? save money on making on quality product cars? ermm where the quality? :hmmmm:

8) as far as expirience of owning the hopeless proton brand. the only model i was so so ok with was iswara cares U.K export model, wira 1.8 dohc & savvy.

again proton only came out with 250mill on development on this piece of *%#$ ? :mad:
how much are they selling it for?
:idea:i most probably wait till it come out as 2nd car for sell to buy it. more $$$$$$$ saving. later opt for evo's part.

i personally lost huge amount of cash on 1st facelift model of perdana 2004 2year ownership exp. till now i curse that Stupid car:mad:. 1st year only 6time send for warranty:mad:, buy that car for proton to keep at service center? bloody H:idea:

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
forgot to mention. mazda is ford motor inc subsidiary company.

Brands and marques

Today, Ford Motor Company manufactures automobiles under several names including Lincoln and Mercury in the United States. Ford plans to discontinue the Mercury brand at the end of 2010.[36] In 1958, Ford introduced a new marque, the Edsel, but poor sales led to its discontinuation in 1960. Later, in 1985, the Merkur brand was introduced to market Fords from Europe in the United States; it met a similar fate in 1989.

Ford has major manufacturing operations in Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Germany, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, the People's Republic of China, and several other countries, including South Africa where, following divestment during apartheid, it once again has a wholly owned subsidiary. Ford also has a cooperative agreement with Russian automaker GAZ.

Ford acquired British sports car maker Aston Martin in 1989, but sold it on March 12, 2007,[37] retaining a small minority stake,[38] and bought Volvo Cars of Sweden in 1999, selling it to Zhejiang Geely Holding Group in 2010. In November 2008 it reduced its 33.4% controlling interest in Mazda of Japan, to a 13.4% non-controlling interest.[39][40] It shares an American joint venture plant in Flat Rock, Michigan called Auto Alliance with Mazda. It has spun off its parts division under the name Visteon.

Ford sold the United Kingdom-based Jaguar and Land Rover companies and brands to Tata Motors of India in March 2008.

Ford's FoMoCo parts division sells aftermarket parts under the Motorcraft brand name.

Ford's non-manufacturing operations include organizations such as automotive finance operation Ford Motor Credit Company. Ford also sponsors numerous events and sports facilities around the US, most notably Ford Center in downtown Oklahoma City and Ford Field in downtown Detroit.

Overall the Ford Motor Company controls the following operational car marques: Ford, Lincoln and Mercury.

that why share. e.g :

VW, Audi & porsche joint platform

The first Porsche car, the Porsche 64 of 1938, used many components from the Volkswagen Beetle.

collaboration in 1969 to make the VW-Porsche 914 and 914-6, whereby the 914-6 had a 6-cylinder Porsche engine, and the standard 914 had a 4-cylinder Volkswagen engine, and in 1976 with the Porsche 912E (USA only), and the Porsche 924, which used many Audi components and was built at an Audi Neckarsulm factory. Most 944s also were built there, although they used far fewer VW components.

The Porsche Cayenne, introduced in 2002, shares its entire chassis with VW Touareg and Audi Q7, which are built at the Volkswagen factory in Bratislava

while mercedes benz & Chrysler. in which is Daimler AG formerly DaimlerChrysler
was slk & crossfire

The Crossfire shares 80%[7] of its components with other Mercedes-Benz models. The engine bay of the Crossfire is virtually identical to the Mercedes-Benz SLK320 on the R170 platform. This engine bay has now been proven capable of housing Mercedes V8 engines, which increases the car's performance considerably.[8] The wheelbase and track width are also identical to the SLK320. The seats from the SLK320 bolt directly into the Crossfire chassis.

did they copy / cut paste their model?

ssangyong did not copy mercedes? NO. they use mercedes technology? yes only engine & gear wise

fiat
did ferrari force fiat to badge fiat cars as ferrari? or other wise?

did VW force seat, skoda copy paste VW model? VW own this fellas, did they redo every model given from VW? Yes

why all this company do so? Pride of building cars.

not road moving carcass

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

we did platform sharing with mitsubishi?

we didnt platform sharing, proton buy off mitsubishi's left over like long time before & proton will still continue till next 20years:stupid:

ford & mazda is parent company transfer tech deals
mitsubishi is not proton parent company maaa..

some how proton is just a company who pick up left over carcass to be re-essemble. ups sorry re-badge for max out profit.

try giving this one to TG ( BBC Topgear ) review?

Mat_Isam

Known Member
Nov 18, 2005
very hot topic here....in one reason i think all RUNNER up here should thanks
proton especially who always selling mitsubishi parts.....i see the market for proton
inspira for the next 5 years....yeah like now wira is converting into evo 1,2,3...etc.
how many people are making money with this method...kedai potong off course lah...
but many kecik2 runner also can make money.....thanks proton...hehehe

PutraMon

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
how come every forum also will have this thread...lol...can't escape..

azzrizul

Dec 2, 2009
Selangor
arguing in here will not stop proton from selling the car..
i think the car will sell well n maybe the haters will learn to accept the new car..
u can bash all u wan but the world still keep on spinning... :marchmellow::marchmellow:

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
yes it wont stop proton from selling this piece. that was not the original intention anyway

proton should realize

1) customer are always right

2) perhaps im not the only person here whose disappointed :bawling: with proton. ( coz i was 1 of the hopefulls with quality proton end product )

3) no means i & i believe not only me alone. believe proton can do better, this criticism is for proton to improve matter. not make bad product. copycat to save 250mill & profits 600%

4) how would you feel if proton make quality product? me personally proud. especially if we can hear compliment on its end product.

5) have you ever heard malaysian student studying abroad proud of proton? in my case : unheard of

6) have you watch any international Auto TV mags eg: BBC TopGear, Fifth Gear, German TV show Called DMAX give compliment or test Proton ?
yes they did give compliment on Proton savvy & that was it

proton should grow up & change their typical :stupid: photostat/copy machine mentality

proton = :sleep:

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
y would someone call another a basher/hater? becos they just support blindly.
u ask G stop supporting proton, see they still can dancing around n making fun or not.

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
[/COLOR]y would someone call another a supporter/pro?becos they just bash blindly hehehe

plz dun take my word seriously..hope u still can laugh reading this hehe:biggrin:

Last edited:

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
like or don't like, this car will be hot in selling, i'm not surprise all the so call basher or haters later also own 1...
unless they are rich to buy other car, and if is so, they wont be here in this thread. (because non of their business)

standadkilang

Jan 30, 2009
i sold my A31 n buy persona...2.0 turbo downgrade to 1.6 na...the biggest mistake in mylife... brand new car with old problems...fuhh...after this "say NO to PROTON".. :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As per subject, wondering is there any website where we can check all those? Cause I'm thinking of buying one now.
Thanks all in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience