dohc VTEC.. DIY spray!

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
well im bored. off for 3 days. so went to my mech,to repair my VTEC solenoid pressure switch gasket. so now my car no leaking at all.

so my cover is a bit dull,very ugly,peel offs chips. so decide to spray.

what u/i need to buy for this project?

1) paint removal for metal
2) small paint brush
3) 15vermillion + 33red (spray can code)
4) sand paper/scrapper/clotch/newspaper

how it starts!

1) remove my H22A cover.

2) using paint brush,brush all over the cover. n wait for 5-10 minutes. (be extra careful,because the paint remover is an acid,u will shouting if those liquid get in touch with ur skin)

3) brush if off with paint brush n also water.

4) how it looks like when the original paint is remove. (u need to sand paper for this part for smooth surface)

5) undercoat ur cover,with white or silver,very thin layer of spray. let it dry

6) spray it. switch over from 15vermillion to 33red. 2-3 times n spray another cans. spray it slowly. normal spray can technique of spray. left to right,right to left.

7) the cover when its dry,n ready. (oops sorry,its not yet completed). need to re-paper sand it back. re-sand it till the color bit dull. just to make the paint sticks to the metal valve cover.

* to be continued.

on next part. i will re-sand paper it,to make the paint sticks to the metal. then re spray again. n also remove the paint from DOHC VTEC. wait for me!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wah.... red top H22A~!!!...
cun sial...

but why this story got episode geh??.... drama meh??.... not full length movie ar??...

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
wah.... red top H22A~!!!...
cun sial...

but why this story got episode geh??.... drama meh??.... not full length movie ar??...

* wahahahahha... this story got episod lar.. like COMIC .. ahahaha..
1st part is = remove,pull,spray,brush,sand paper,respray, dry n etc

2nd part is = dry,re-sand paper,re-spray,dry. fix it back,gasket gum,bolt nut.

* to be continued...

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
bump! the next episode..

SimonsayZ

Known Member
Dec 27, 2004
Puchong
Ahaha, Nice! I did DIY on my cover too. Your red is really nice. Show us more! BTW, MrBear, what you use to remove the paint on the DOHC VTEC words? I use penknife top to slowly chip away the paint, kinda works. :regular_smile:

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
SimonsayZ said:
Ahaha, Nice! I did DIY on my cover too. Your red is really nice. Show us more! BTW, MrBear, what you use to remove the paint on the DOHC VTEC words? I use penknife top to slowly chip away the paint, kinda works. :regular_smile:
* ya bro.. cool.. DIY is the best. the red is mixture of 15Vermillion + 33RED. spray it one layer by one layer.

* i use paper knife to remove the paint from DOHC VTEC. (pisau lipat) very sharp ones the blades. n oso use "hair dryer"..

wait for my 2nd episode!

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
najibkl said:
Wanted to do like dis huh?? Keep it up bro

* yup bro like that cover. but why the DOHC VTEC wording n oso H logo n HONDA words the paint was not remove? .. looks like empty cover without those chrome words.

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
as i promised. this is the 2nd episode. n final!
(please read above for better understanding)

1) re-sand paper the whole cover,rinse of with water,let it dry,respray again.
then this is the best part,to remove paint from DOHC VTEC wordings!
use a very sharp knife n becareful.

2) here the process goes,n finish removing paint from wordings

3) rinse of n let it dry. (i let it dry under hot sun for 1-2 hours)

4) i fix up the valve cover to the engine, this process must make sure all ur screws,nuts,bolts,gasket,n etc etc other stuffs r in place. n must really make sure b4 u tighten the bolts.

5) bolt up everything. make sure gasket n other rubbers r intact.

6) its ready guys!!!

7) another look

the end. appriciate comments from u guys! have a good day!

* i can afford to buy H22A Type-S cover (original for RM700) but after thinking,its not worth of it to buy. better DIY. those covers does not add BHP n WHP to the engine n car. so just spray it! it needs no harm. DIY is fun.

cost+price+time+effort+patient+hot+sweating+swearing = PRICELESS!

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
bro i like your front skirting... help me get 1!! :p

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wah.... vr nice ohh...
but if use sharp knife and chip the paint off bit by bit vr time consuming mar...
last time i remember someone posted his DIY paint engine head... he use candle or some sort to avoid spraying the letters....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Right now I'm boosting @ 0.9 bar, wondering how high can Yrv boost go up to? Scared to pow engine

Is it possible to touch 1.5 bar? Really scared.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience