Does amplifier affect the sound quality?

calvinhpk

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.mycarhifi.com
amplifier plays an important role in an audio system chain..... u need a amplifier to amplify the output...and still it's clean..... you dun wan it to be 'dirty' or distorted

to be honest, it's very difficult to determine how good or how bad an amplifier is.... unless u listen to yourself....

or.....just listen to reviews/people's recommendations..... if u dun have chance to audit those amplifiers.....

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
An amp purpose is to amplify the input signal to a higher output signal. In layman's term, input signal have noise, a good amp will filter out some of the noise, hence give you a cleaner sound. Quality is significant when you are comparing high power amp. So the more expensive the amp, the better job it'll perform. cheap amp use through holes SMT technology, the more expensive one could use solid state component, which gives more linear respond with less noise. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

calvinhpk

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.mycarhifi.com
TiBuN said:
An amp purpose is to amplify the input signal to a higher output signal. In layman's term, input signal have noise, a good amp will filter out some of the noise, hence give you a cleaner sound. Quality is significant when you are comparing high power amp. So the more expensive the amp, the better job it'll perform. cheap amp use through holes SMT technology, the more expensive one could use solid state component, which gives more linear respond with less noise. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
imo.... amp is not suppose to 'filter' the noise.... it should juz do its job...amplify.... without adding ajinomoto aka noise into it also....

about through holes or SMT technology.... can't really define that on how good the amp is... some very good amps are using through holes...like TRU Tech....and some good amps uses SMT...like the helix....
that depends

tikus

Known Member
May 1, 2005
pj
if an amp will filter out noise means is a bad amp :D

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i think he mean noise la...not sound...tikus zai..hahaha

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
1 word...quality...
u pay 4 nuts...u get nuts...

a powerful amplifier can makes u play ur audio louder at the same time maintaining the clarity n undistorted sound...then its a good amp...
but such amps like TRU o Brax price is just over killing...

tikus

Known Member
May 1, 2005
pj
u got a high end amp,high end cable and high end speakers but a lousy pasar road cassette player HU,so everything back to square 1 :D so everything must be equally good

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
boy, once u get bitten, you're smitten...-The ICE Bug. :D

well, if u insist in goin into ICE, congrats! :) but whatever u want, will also depend on yr budget.

cheers

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
sentinal3_16 said:
I was just wandering if an amplifier affect the sound quality?So many brands out there.Whats the difference between them?Some really cheap & some damm expensive.

Saw this one:

http://www.autoworld.com.my/aw/list/automobile/sdsale.asp?LID=MYA066960&CatId=RT.AM&AT=Sale

Is it good?What we should look when buying a new amp?Any recommendations?
sorry can't help it... have to ask you a question

does turbo affect the performance of your engine? the answer to that question is similiar to your question.

everything in this world is a ball only thing different is how you roll it ;)

sentinal3_16

Known Member
May 30, 2005
Klang
Well, did anybody checked the link which i posted?Its caliber brand.Is it and ok brand.Right now i know i cant afford expensive amplifier because just started working for a year now,so in 2-3 years to come,i will enough money for a good amp.

The 2nd car i bough very lousy,that guy fix all the speaker in one cable only only,meaning im getting mono sound only :) .Damm i didnt notice this when i bought the car.Thanks sifus for the advices.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
ahahha..mnkh...its a damn xpensiv hobby....
can get very good pc speaker n sound card wit just 2k budget...

ice r...2k is nothing lah...get 1 decent HU aslo habis edi....

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
you want more SQ? change thespeakers. amps are to amplify. Its either efficient or inefficient. FYI how much current will be converted into watts.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all.. sorry im newbie and just entered to world of modification....

I have a few question to ask regarding E-manage Ultimate because ill use it later...

1) What the dual map function mean? someone tell me it got switching mode.. 1 tune for street other tuned for race...

2) Izzit worth for my engine?

3) What other features or function?? (explain in simple because i dont know the term2 of engine yet..ehehe)

my mod on my engine: 82mm MIVEC piston + HICAm 286 + BALancing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience