DIY Weekend Racer

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Mar 29 2005, 22:06
here's some pics of my abandoned project..

we learned (me and my best friend/team manager) alot of things with this project

project management
resource skills
parts sourcing network
tools skills
welding (MiG)
technical experience (in terms of design)
materials choice
model making (the body's buck)
fibreglass mold making

etc.etc..

AND all of this simply because we had the passion to build something! 100% our own money.
[snapback]851998[/snapback]​
Just some question... it's seem like welding is a big process and require heavy tools...stanley u have all the tools to do the welding ar?? and how to get started with fibreglass molding??

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
jaywat

we were lucky enough to be 'sponsored' by my uncle who runs a factory.
hence, many tools and machinery was at our disposal.
this includes a proper MIG welder, guillotine for chopping sheet metal, huge ass sheet bending machine, and best of all, SPACE to WORK ON!

(the greenish floor with my artist's impression of the car's side profile shows the car in the factory)

my uncle does metal sheet work, for air-con (industrial) boxes, filter casings (industrial) drain pans etc. NOTHING car-related :lol:

fibreglass? buy from a supplier ALL you need, and you can start :)
of course, you definately need to learn first..

monmon

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Constant move
hahahaha very interesting thread :)

the first couple of pics were pretty amazing but i just hope its all safe to ride on.

seems like something i would do, but it just takes up too much time.

need to work and make $ now. i guess i am getting too old for this :)

sure hope u guys get started on it, and updates here :)

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
this thread is getting my arse itchy.

bigboystoys & stan,

are u guys up for it? i'm handy with lathes, mills, any pneumatic fabrication tools. i can't do welding or fiberglass laying but i believe stan can get that covered. if you're interested that is. at least we should meet up, sit over coffee or beer to marinate on this.

what say both of you. PM me.

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
dont mind making a space frame mid engine mini, with a 200++hp jap motor on it. dum dum dumm....

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
stan, as good as we get with lathes and mills, i don't think we'll have easy access to any. at least not within the vicinity of where we'll most likely do the project.

i'll take ur reply as a yes.

where's bigboystoys?

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
that's why we need to meet up, sit over coffee or beer to marinate over this.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
hahaha

me not beer nor coffee kaki.

i'd love to build a (currently) Autocross/Solo-X special.

aerodynamics aint too important, 1st-2nd-3rd (at most) action mostly.

must be able to turn on a dime and squirt outta corners like it was on fire!
that's what i'd love to compete in :P

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
actually old times car maker are just likeus..trying to do everything impossible..that's y now we have comfortable car to ride...i support u...if need help in customizing things, i can help, but depend on my time la...i like to DIY...almost all accessories in my car are DIY..and i used to diy some motor bike engine tuning...hehe

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
ninja_iga said:
i've got the manual on how to build a "Seven"

it's FR, can use a few variants of engines (currently 4AGE or 7AFE) with a AE86 g/box.
anybody?
hey can pm me with the details? I'm interested to see the plans. But right now, I think I'll focus on RR. It's mechanically simpler

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
you have to have good engineerng skill to play safe with the car .
durng cornering , the force doesn't flex the chassis or even crack the welding which mihgt cause danger to the driver .

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
bridgestoneRE711 said:
you have to have good engineerng skill to play safe with the car .
durng cornering , the force doesn't flex the chassis or even crack the welding which mihgt cause danger to the driver .
yes, the welds must be welded correctly for maximum strength. Chassis might flex a little so the correct material must be chosen.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
soat happen to this plan? called off?? i do have this plan too but running low on cash..

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
soat happen to this plan? called off?? i do have this plan too but running low on cash..
Im maybe 20% done on my ariel atom...if you are interested to join forces, pm me. ive got welding machine and plasma cutter and all other tools and materials bought minus the engine.

A Post Every 5 Mins

otai n sifu all !!! help me to give me the idea to convert my brake system to evo8 brembo 4pot front n nissan r32 2 pot rear. wat is the procedure?

currently im using Lenso Project D rim with 4 lug nut ( i don have the idea to change my rim ) !! so wat is the procedure to make this possible ? how bout the hand brake ?

:smokin::smokin::smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience