johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by slk850@Feb 24 2004, 02:47 PM
Woow !!!! Good job for our DIY kings.....Dr.Johnson. :lol: :lol:
Err......why dun use others color leh ?? :unsure:
Why not colour tubes ?

Well... Mine is Yellow lah.. Suit my car.. The rest of them.. White to try out first.. then can easily spray them different colour... But we quite like the Pasar Malam feeling.. :)

TBS calls them Pasar Malam lights..

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by Crashvenom@Feb 24 2004, 04:51 PM
yeah, can this tube tahan lasak? how about kena water? looks like those household tube and bubs to me. Can ah?

Neon cannot tahan vibration ah?
Well.. quite hardy lah..

I drive my car like crazy.. Into sand , water and stones.. So far only Broke 1... When the mechanic lower the Jack too fast.. the jack handle hit the tube and broke it..

delimaputih

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
toon town
jeo.deviantart.com
johnson, you are the best la i'd tell you... almost ordered online from streetglow on these undercarriage lights till i've read this one here...

got questions la...

1. Would a protective clear and transparent tubing helps on preventing the lamps from water, sand, mud anything you can name it? would it make the lamp hotter since there is no ventilation in these tubings thus making it last not as long?

2. When you switch it on, would it switch on like the ones in my toilet---> blink blink bliiiiink and then lights up? heheh :P

3. Can you draw a diagram for me for two long lamps and two short ones (sides skirts, front and rear bumper... Thanks a million johnson!

This really saves me a lot on the cash and trouble in getting the street glow products... but for that amount you are spending... methinks its worth it... only thing is, it doesn't pulsate to your sound system like street glow's, but good enough though ;)

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by delimaputih@Feb 24 2004, 05:29 PM
johnson, you are the best la i'd tell you... almost ordered online from streetglow on these undercarriage lights till i've read this one here...

got questions la...

1. Would a protective clear and transparent tubing helps on preventing the lamps from water, sand, mud anything you can name it? would it make the lamp hotter since there is no ventilation in these tubings thus making it last not as long?

2. When you switch it on, would it switch on like the ones in my toilet---> blink blink bliiiiink and then lights up? heheh :P

3. Can you draw a diagram for me for two long lamps and two short ones (sides skirts, front and rear bumper... Thanks a million johnson!

This really saves me a lot on the cash and trouble in getting the street glow products... but for that amount you are spending... methinks its worth it... only thing is, it doesn't pulsate to your sound system like street glow's, but good enough though ;)
Hi Delima Putih..

Answer 1.
Yes.. a Protective Clear Tubing would be great.. What you can do is, get those 'SHRINKABLE' ones from from Hardware shop... Where you can slide the tubes AND the ready wired wires in to the tube and then Heat it with a heat gun.. It will shrink tightly... Liminating the tubes and the Wires...

OR.. Cheaper and easier.. Just stuff them into a Clear Plastic Water Pipe and then Glue gun the Sides...

Answer 2.
Small Florecent tubes won't go blink blink.. especially those using 12 Volt ballast... (Not starter involved).. If you are afraid of Blink Blink.. Then use a Higher Watt Ballast compare to the Tubes.. Example... 2 X 18 Watt Tubes with 1 X 40 Watt Ballast.

Answer 3.
Diagram In the next post.. Will draw now. (In office.. Will be using Windows Paint.. :( )

Safe you money right ?? Buy me 100 Plus.. You want PULSATE ??? :) hehehehehe :D :D It is possible.... But not with these setup :)

andykow

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
nice! :D

i bought blue coloured 8watt lights, will start the project soon.

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Johnson dude... i have a question... from the diagram, since you pluged in the lights directly to the batteries... would it be a problem for me starting my car the next morning?? (battery mati)

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Feb 25 2004, 01:35 AM
AXXeLL,

note the switch..
Yeah, it can be off... but what if i keep it ON too long??

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by AXXeLL+Feb 25 2004, 01:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AXXeLL @ Feb 25 2004, 01:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ninja_iga@Feb 25 2004, 01:35 AM
AXXeLL,

note the switch..
Yeah, it can be off... but what if i keep it ON too long?? [/b][/quote]
Well.. You can leave it ON for like 2 - 3 hours without any problem..
More than that... Hmm...... Must jump start already.

For safety, YOu can wire a RELAY from the Key Ignition ACC. That way, the light will be ON only when there is a KEY present.

Notice Paul Walker's SkyLine in 2Fast2furious.. The lights comes on when he push in the key... Not Switching on the lights yet...

jay_zonx

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
where can we do this in kl area??? not using jack rite??? got any shops in kl doing this or not??? kepong area??? subang is the best place for me but i doubt it. i also nearly ordered streetglow from a shop in sunway. RM650 + installation. damn kau expensive..... i would really like to do lights on my car but got no one to help me.... supervise more likely...macam mana mau buat??? haih.....hehehehe :) guys, anyone of u guys wanna diy under lights, pls call me along. i would like to do it also. :)

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Dudes,
I want to do also... same problem as jay_zonx dude... if any sifus know to do around Subang... pls help out... (i'm not good in wiring job)...

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
:) .. .

Get 2 jacks.. and some Bricks... Jack up the car and crawl underneath loh.
Of course the best is you can get a garage lah. :) Then can use the Jacking machine/ the UnderCar Hole.

Booze

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
My bed room "on da BED"
www.defcon.org
JL organise a DIY U-light session lah. I'll be sure to come. hehe

jay_zonx

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
JL....come to kl la.....stay for 2 nites....bring us go buy components then installation session. u becoming the supervisor.....apa macam??? hahahha.... i spend u 4 cans of 100plus!!! hahahah....... :)

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by jay_zonx@Feb 26 2004, 11:23 AM
JL....come to kl la.....stay for 2 nites....bring us go buy components then installation session. u becoming the supervisor.....apa macam??? hahahha.... i spend u 4 cans of 100plus!!! hahahah....... :)
Cover my flight expenses ? :) heheh..

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by Booze@Feb 26 2004, 11:05 AM
JL organise a DIY U-light session lah. I'll be sure to come. hehe
Booze.. can..
But march lah.. Am planning for one... see how.

Booze

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
My bed room "on da BED"
www.defcon.org
Greats :D
my hands getting very itchy aready.
JL our very own Penang DIY Guru. A few more like him then all the accessory shop in Penang will have to close aready. :lol:

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by Booze@Feb 26 2004, 11:53 AM
Greats :D
my hands getting very itchy aready.
JL our very own Penang DIY Guru. A few more like him then all the accessory shop in Penang will have to close aready. :lol:
Most TBS people are DIY gurus...
Just that they don't post... :)

jay_zonx

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
wut does TBS stands for????

cover ur flight expenses ar??? i thought u going to drive down??? ??? apa macam??? cover expenses can....air asia ma...hahaha......berapa??RM19.90 can come kl laio....i think they put u in the cargo area la.....hahahaha...... :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Volkswagen has big plans, really big plans. So ambitious that even the mighty Toyota get caught in between the crosshair's of VW's board. VW hopes to catch up to Toyota by 2018 with 10 million sales. Volkswagen tallied up 5,7 million sales in 2006.

Key to the VW plans are four new architectures, of which the transverse-engined MQB platform will be a cornerstone. The MQB platform will be used for small, lower-medium and upper-medium models, possibly totalling a grand total of 6 million cars...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience