Diy : Undercarriage Lights

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
i'm still looking for clear pvc pipe to put the flo tube in....help anyone.

booze....ur DIY'ing ur light already ar???? hey......where is ur location???? i wanna come n see also.....maybe i wanna put also!!!! call me along also la..... :(

Originally posted by jay_zonx@Mar 2 2004, 03:23 PM
booze....ur DIY'ing ur light already ar???? hey......where is ur location???? i wanna come n see also.....maybe i wanna put also!!!! call me along also la..... :(
>>jay_zonx I think our DIY guru johnsonlam , is gonna have a DIY TT somewhere this month.

>>johnsonlam when?

I am in Penang.in Gelugor.

Originally posted by Booze+Mar 2 2004, 03:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Booze @ Mar 2 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jay_zonx@Mar 2 2004, 03:23 PM
>>jay_zonx I think our DIY guru johnsonlam , is gonna have a DIY TT somewhere this month.

>>johnsonlam when?

I am in Penang.in Gelugor. [/b][/quote]
hmm.. I think maybe can have one on this Sunday afternoon :)
what do you guys think ?

wahhhh.....im in kl. subang jaya!!! :( i think i wanna cry laio...... :(

Alamak JL !!! :( ... why ohh why is JL from north !!! I hope you were in Subang... i come lepak with you and DIY lots of stuff in my car man...

jl,
what if i wanna add a transformer in between the ballast and the lights
what will be the outcome...will it be brighter or i will damage the lights??

or should i use i higher output ballast so that i can get a brighter lights??

Originally posted by Tru n ID Guy@Mar 3 2004, 12:17 AM
jl,
what if i wanna add a transformer in between the ballast and the lights
what will be the outcome...will it be brighter or i will damage the lights??

or should i use i higher output ballast so that i can get a brighter lights??
Well.. No.. If you add transformer.. Maybe your lights won't light at all :)
Just use a Higher rating Ballast and Higher rating Flourecent bults.

But I tell you.. These lights are already TOO Bright.. :)

i wanna it to be much more brighter...coz in fact i wanna the light to be more spread out not just focus onto one spot...

Originally posted by Tru n ID Guy@Mar 3 2004, 07:07 PM
i wanna it to be much more brighter...coz in fact i wanna the light to be more spread out not just focus onto one spot...
For the lights to spread out..
You need to do this :
- Mount lights higher.
- Add reflectors.

These are already bright enough. It is so concentrated, when it shines on the ground, you can't see it directly.

Originally posted by johnsonlam+Mar 4 2004, 10:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johnsonlam @ Mar 4 2004, 10:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tru n ID Guy@Mar 3 2004, 07:07 PM
For the lights to spread out..
You need to do this :
- Mount lights higher.
- Add reflectors.

These are already bright enough. It is so concentrated, when it shines on the ground, you can't see it directly. [/b][/quote]
Wah...buta lar like that...kkekeekke :lol: :lol: :lol:
hope this wont cost any accident on the roads... :huh: :blink:

thanks johnsonlam for this tips....jx diy on my car(front grill n rear)...n it looks great!! satisfying results....thanks again...u da man....will upload some once i get on hold my digicam...heheh

That's an amazing machine you have there homobium... nice nice... ^_^ :)

JL U told me u place a "FUSE" just before the switch right?
what type of fuse did u use?
I think my ballast rosak because i did'nt install a fuse.

I can see that under my dashboard, there's a switch box. there are a few unused bay in it, maybe i can use that vacant bay inside the fuse box for my light... instead of connecting directly from the battery terminals(currently using). is this possible... any problem?

haha.. this DIY I did it in my ISWARA ages ago.. abt 7yrs back.. Down side is Ballast gets to hot. I installed it under the Glove Compartment.. ala.. last time money fall down or sliper terpijak taik kucing can see during nite time. No offence.. but I got an advice.. the ballast if possible install it inside the car and buy a cooling fan to cool it down. dat's what i did 7 yrs ago. But My CAR was stolen. Since then.. too many color lights in the market.. lazy to follow la.

Edited comments : I did DIY for this yesterday nite.. after completing the setup.. I think I blew my fuse. I connected the power source from the cigarette lighter.. now no current flowing.. sigh.. hopefully it's the fuse.. or else I will just drive to an accessories shop to settle the problem. BTW.. making the lights golden in color looks great!

i read al 7 pages..i'd like to ask...can i not use ballast?
can i connect it to my wira spot light switch instead of a separate one?
if i use those PC neon tubes..how will the diagram be?

simonchangwaimun, no ballast cannot start the florescent lights ler... how abt buying the RM13 round light from (brothers) car accessories shop and rewire them under ur glove compartment. That 1 comes with built in ballast... I installed it behind my boot.

Top Bottom