DIY- Spray Rims - WHITE

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
khguan said:
nice job!! does de paint stick nicely to de rims after using it???

as far as i know.. this type of paint is not dat durable to scratches n small stones.. it get chipped off quite easily...

well if u did a good preparation b4 spraying.. de paintjob should be more durable...
yes... i was aware of this chip off problem...
so i used sandpaper code 500 to sand the rims properly..
this sandpaper is preety rough... so it helps the paint to stick better...
btw i even used these sprays for my own rims... but GOLD color...
no chip off o wat so ever.... 6mths aredy still gud ...
those seen my rims were preety impressed with the job...

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Thin....

Nope... the actual trick to spraying a 'light' colour like white is to do lotsa coats instead of one thick one and give some time in between to let it dry. This will definitely help to reduce stone chipping to be so obvious. Also, make sure that you rim is clear from all debris and oil. use thinner, it will make wonders...

I have also personally done a couple of sets now; one is on wheel and the other is off wheel. Both has it pros and cons. But for a hassle free in terms of taking it out and later to do alignment and balancing again... i would opt to do on wheel.

The trick to get a good shine would be applying a lil thinner on a cotton cloth, rub it lightly on the sprayed area, to get the paint sparringly and smoother effect then let it dry and spray again. Ensure that your spray can nozzle is clean as well before you spray. It can cause unwanted polka dots...

Happy spraying.

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
simefly said:
The trick to get a good shine would be applying a lil thinner on a cotton cloth, rub it lightly on the sprayed area, to get the paint sparringly and smoother effect then let it dry and spray again. Ensure that your spray can nozzle is clean as well before you spray. It can cause unwanted polka dots...
this is new to me... thx 4 the tip...

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
no problem dude... next time when i am around, i can show you how its done but patience and lots of trial and error will make it perfect.

The other thing is to get a good nozzle for your RM5 spray can. That cant be clogged so fast and sprays out evenly.

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
partyJOE said:
maybe u din read properly...
din i write 1 spray can 4 2 rims....
thin is for clear coat only...
hahaha .. dun shoot me dude... i was just adding to your comments not against it. I have met lotsa people who like to finish things really fast with just one coat so it was just another tip. :)

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
help help im so impressed with DIY.. im new here.. ownin a new iswara se... how to do the smoke headlight???? how u do ur windscreen???? PLZPLZ teach meeeee... so eager to learn!!!!! thkx beforehand...

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
siong said:
help help im so impressed with DIY.. im new here.. ownin a new iswara se... how to do the smoke headlight???? how u do ur windscreen???? PLZPLZ teach meeeee... so eager to learn!!!!! thkx beforehand...
u mean the stickers is it...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=35131
almost similar process as smoke headlights but need a whole lot of patience n creativity...
have a nice DIY ...(",)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Help pls

HI everyone..
well , i just have a couple of question bout air compression and the magnetic fuel saver .

air compressor
improve power/pick up ?
save fuel ?

magnetic fuel saver
save fuel ?
improve power/pick up ?

thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience